Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I think it's the one in a field by the Leicester line of the GU, maybe nearish to Crick?

Not a full boat, but it is amazing what turns up on E-Bay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yarwoods-of-Northwich-rudder/221722343233?_trksid=p2047675.c100013.m1986&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107105714%26meid%3Db3d3199050a54f9b8d6936955c848f01%26pid%3D100013%26rk%3D12%26rkt%3D30%26sd%3D321700112547

edit = from the posters name it looks like this has been removed from LING

Edited by pete harrison

Well at the missing bits, and it would be nearly as much "Ling" as "Raymond" is actually "Raymond"!

and another one:

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/display.phtml?aid=408232

for anybody interested this is the fore end of SATELLITE.

captain.gif

.... and owned by another former owner of Badsey and Barnes!

No prizes for a lot of detail though - doesn't even say what engine - I seem to recall maybe an Armstrong, but may be imagining that?

Also some nagging feeling is telling me it maybe has a wooden cabin, rtaher than steel, though I may be wrong.

As you say Alan, they don't give much information at all, I would think that most people looking for that kind of boat would like to know what sort of engine the boat has, and at least some photos of it's interior.

But there may be still some people around with loads of money burning holes in their pockets, who don't need to know more, and just pay.

Peter.

Looks remarkably Sringer'esque to me.

Indeed that's a Springer, and not even an early one - that hull shape was introduced in 1983. It seems to have had a new top - perhaps the original superstructure was wood or GRP. The mooring studs/ dolly studs/ whatever are not standard Springer issue and perhaps they did indeed come off an old working boat.

The health registration number is, though, I was geeky enough to look that up.

But I had already stated the identity of this boat in post 1760 of this thread when I also posted the initial link to the Apollo Duck advert. It looks more and more like I am wasting my time, or not believed frusty.gif

captain.gif