Thieves Strike

jelunga

Featured Posts

But Roxy, the boat name is printed on the licence. Did you not take a note of it????!!

Mike

This reinforces what I said about boats carrying their name and number prominently on the hull/superstructure.

It then becomes simple to identify any boat even at a distance and not a case of getting up close and personal.

Phil

Phil

I dearly wish I'd have taken photos of this boat when it was following us on the Soar earlier this year. Unfortunately I chickened out - the crew made me deeply uncomfortable and I didn't think they'd take kindly to me taking their photo.

Do's anyone know when Sawley Marina first opened, I know it was the flag ship of all marina's. When I had my first boat in the mid ninetie's I did look at Sawley for mooring but thought it was to expensive although I thought the security was second to none. I have said previous about the quality of food which was available, but that seem's to have gone down hill. I was there a few week's ago and drove straight through the east gate and into the marina, you could not have done that before, it is still run by the same people, so what as gone wrong.

Well, snigsnig, that is certainly a camouflaged boat. Can you positively confirm that it is the camouflaged boat?

Richard

and importantly when that pic. was taken if it IS.

That is Trent lock if I'm not very much mistaken which put's them going up the Erewash...

Well, snigsnig, that is certainly a camouflaged boat. Can you positively confirm that it is the camouflaged boat?

Richard

That is certainly the boat which has been around the Trent/Soar junctions for about 18 months to my knowledge.

It is also the boat which was below Derwent mouth lock when I came through a month ago - with it's butty (blue battered cruiser with Mr T figurehead)very sunk behind it.

It is also the boat which was moored above Derwent Mouth Lock when a series of car break-ins took place at Crockers Farm Marina this February, and was gone the next day.

However, whether this boat is connected to the series of incidents which seem to follow it around, I cannot say.

That is a matter for the police to prove or disprove if they can find it.

Richard

Yes, it's safe to say that this is the boat being discussed. What exact criminal activity has occuured is not for me to say, but Irene (the source of the photo) has felt the need to log some of their activity in her blog here:

http://nbfreespirit.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=camouflage

Dodgy, thieving smackheads or innocent boaters? You decide!

Neil

Edited by snigsnig

at the risk of coming accross a little slow...

I understand the marina has reported a suspected theft to the police but has not yet been able to locate the owners of the grp boat that has been towed out of the marina.

So we dont actually know whether the boat was effectively stolen or sold?

or I have missed a post?

Management here are being very coy about what has actually occurred. I am led to believe the police are treating it as stolen / taken without consent.

I just cannot understand why the police appear to have not apprehended the culprits, unless the boat is faster than their bicycjes!

Yes, it's safe to say that this is the boat being discussed. What exact criminal activity has occuured is not for me to say, but Irene (the source of the photo) has felt the need to log some of their activity in her blog here:

http://nbfreespirit.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=camouflage

Dodgy, thieving smackheads or innocent boaters? You decide!

Neil

Does irene have nothing better to do?

But Roxy, the boat name is printed on the licence. Did you not take a note of it????!!

Mike

It wasnt displaying a licence Mike just the boat number plate which is on the port side of there boat only, I moored up just infront of them a few months ago on the Trent not far from cranfleet and took the dog I was looking after for a 'walk'. I jotted this down, while witnessing them dumping there sack full of rubbish over a fence just under a bridge. I was livid but there was 3 guyz and I was scared to say anything to them due to me probably ending up in the river!. I rang up BW's who confirmed that this boat had got a valid licence and also reported my sightings to Steve Cropper who told me this boat was being watched but there was nothing he could do unless they get caught in the act, I then posted this info on my facebook account which Ally copied and pasted as they had been seen a few nights before 'sniffing' around Redhill marina but were luckily spotted and chased off.

Im sure this is the picture of the said boat but if it is they have removed there licence plate from the port side as this is'nt now visible.

And I can comfirm that I saw a camouflaged boat towing a GRP cabin cruiser now in the same colours at Trent lock. I too was desperate to take a pic but like Ange was again put off incase they spotted me and I ended up in the water!

Maybe this cruiser was from Sawley, do the owners of it know these guyz and maybe couldnt afford there mooring fees so asked them to tow there GRP out? or was it stolen? If it was stolen then they certainly have got guts towing it behind the back of there NB just down from Sawley!!!

It depends. If you want to get them removed from the waterways, they keep swapping the ownership of the boat upsetting CaRT's procedures

If you want to arrest them, you need evidence and proof, rather than suspicion and rumour

Richard

It depends. If you want to get them removed from the waterways, they keep swapping the ownership of the boat upsetting CaRT's procedures

If you want to arrest them, you need evidence and proof, rather than suspicion and rumour

Richard

Too true.

But, but, surely it would do no harm for a Bobby to have a word in their shell like........just to let then know 'we are on to them' That's the Royal 'we' by the way.

I agree that it all seems a bit unbelievable that the general consensus is that nowt has been done about them, officially, and recorded. Perhaps something has been done and we don't get to hear about it.

Zayna. Enjoying this boating lark then?:smiley_offtopic::cheers:

Martyn

Edited by Nightwatch