Who blatantly dumped this rubbish

c c

Featured Posts

Send him a message from our local council, I know it says Suffolk but he should get what you mean.

Tosser2010Poster300px.jpg

That daubing on walls is a disgrace.

I too am in the (growing) minority.

If you find stuff dumped like this, it's best not to interfere with the evidence, ie opening bags etc., but to contact the local Council for their officers to go out and investigate...if the investigation isn't done properly, then the evidence may be classed as "contaminated" and possibly not admissable in a prosecution.

I say that as I work for a local Council in the department that deals with rubbish/fly tipping etc and I suspect it's the same for all.

Janet

If you find stuff dumped like this, it's best not to interfere with the evidence, ie opening bags etc., but to contact the local Council for their officers to go out and investigate...if the investigation isn't done properly, then the evidence may be classed as "contaminated" and possibly not admissable in a prosecution.

I say that as I work for a local Council in the department that deals with rubbish/fly tipping etc and I suspect it's the same for all.

Janet

Unfortunately Janet, Rugby Borough Council do not seem interested as its British Waterways Property / Problem and again, unfortunately British Waterways South East did not get back to me today. I have sent the problem to BW HQ.

I imagine a lot of superheated potatoes flying from desk to desk.

Thanks for the replies and advice - some good suggestions there.

Surprised there is no response from any IWA bods on the Forum though.

Did I just see Carlt compliment Sueb ? Have I got it all wrong or is it time for a :wub:

Hows the River Severn treating you in all this rain Sue?

My feeling is that what you have done may be enough. He now knows, whether he responds or not, that he has been caught red handed. That in itself may prick his conscience enough to change his behaviour, particularly if he knows that you are being discreet about it. If he doesn't change his behaviour and gets caught again that is the time to go public in my opinion. It may be that if he persists then that is entirely up to him and not your responsibility

That's a cracking stance and I agree. Have a greenie Bazza

Police matter. It is fly tipping. Report and leave it up to police to act or not.

..... or not I believe IMHO but we all know that, don't we?

Steal his identity.....

My shout MJ :cheers:

This is the problem with this type of person. They think they can get away with it...and usually do.

Apathy. Once a disease, now a common birth defect :blink:

A scenario, boater moors, puts rubbish on towpath, to bin later, gets distracted and subsequently leaves mooring forgetting to bin rubbish.

Yeh this is true but time will tell, if he gets in touch. If that was me that got distracted and left the rubbish, I would want someone to let me know. BUT I have a shredder and always shred documents. If you've ever been the victim of identity theft, you will be doing the same.

I can still joke about it though! :cheers:ROCK ON!

Thanks for the replies and advice - some good suggestions there.

Surprised there is no response from any IWA bods on the Forum though.

Did I just see Carlt compliment Sueb ? Have I got it all wrong or is it time for a :wub:

Hows the River Severn treating you in all this rain Sue?

Well there is no shortage of water, we averaged 5.5 lock miles per hour. Worcester to Upton in 1hr 40 mins 10miles and one lock (which we had to wait for):smiley_offtopic:

Police matter. It is fly tipping. Report and leave it up to police to act or not.

Fly tipping comes under the remit of the Enforcement Team of the Local Authority. Ring them, tell them you have evidence in the rubbish who is responsible and ask them if they would like to pursue the matter. Maybe they will,. maybe they wont......if there's a fine involved as you have photographic evidence they may just do that.......if not post it back to the OP. Leave it in the hands of the people empowered to enforce the matter.

Just name and shame him on here....if the tabloids pick up the story......well so be it :closedeyes:

No don't ...DPA and FOI are minefields best not trodden on.......... besides you make yourself liable...........leave it to those empowered to deal with such matters

No don't ...DPA and FOI are minefields best not trodden on.......... besides you make yourself liable...........leave it to those empowered to deal with such matters

Rubbish.

People who dump their own sh*t all over our canals deserve to be treated with the utmost contempt. I've said it once, and I'll say it again- name, shame and fine the idiot, whoever it may be.

"Leave it to those empowered to deal with such matters" - no, we all need to make a big bloody noise about this, and the louder the better.

I agree. The OP has already made an unsubstantiated allegation and shies away from naming this alleged fly-tipper because he instinctively realises this, I suspect.

Nothing wrong with posting the facts as they stand though, leaving the reader to draw their own conclusion, e.g:

"Here is a photo of a bag of rubbish I found deposited below a sign I put up. Inside the bag I found a document addressed to IWA member <name>. I have emailed him telling him this document was found inside the rubbish bag as he would probably want to know, but he has not responded".

(Edited to tinker with the wording :) )

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Well put. No need to massage your own ego - leave it to the perpetrator's conscience.

And no need to contribute to the malicious crap put out by the red-tops, whether owned by that bastard Australian-American or anyone else.

How can you use the words 'malicious crap put out by red-tops' and then in the same sentence use the malicious phrase 'that bastard Australian-American'?