Ebay vintage engine sales

MtB

Featured Posts

Rotting sumps are a serious problem too IIRC...

Only if the owner cant be a£$£d to clean the crud and water etc out of the bilges and it comes into contact. have seen this a fair bit on LW's as well but all have been caused by the same issue.... Leaving it sump deep in water.

Have a 4LW in the workshop at the moment that has suffered this.

I would happly give the national a swap to put one in but only as i would want to put a bolinder back in and something like this would prob be as close as i could get.

Shame its in a diffrent country.

Edited by billybobbooth

There are videos on YouTube of that one running and it's Niiiiiice. That is exactly the engine I want but one reason I won't be buying it is I don't have the boat yet. Unfortunately there are another eighteen thousand reasons too.

I cant help but feel that the phrase describing parts "replaced where necessary" should read "any part worn to within an inch of its life but still having a few hours left in it, stayed in"...

As it's been restored by Redshaw's who have a formidable reputation with Gardner engines, that would be surprising.

As it's been restored by Redshaw's who have a formidable reputation with Gardner engines, that would be surprising.

A very diplomatically chosen word there Mr Athy!

'Curate's egg' according to some very old posts on here, although I have no personal experience of his engines.

Is a boat included in that price? ohmy.png

It is a substantial amount of money; but, to put the price in perspective, when the Gardner 2LW was last offered for sale new (I think production ended about 2000) it cost £16,000. The 2L2 is, I think, a much rarer bird, so if this one really is as new, the price seems about right to me.

(Thinks: I wonder if they'd part-exchange it for my 2LW).

40HP at 1500 RPM. what a beauty

Richard

Slightly confusing then (to say the least!) that the first image IK get in that advert says 10.8HP at 1500 RPM, and looks for all the world like it is on a Lister SL!

Slightly confusing then (to say the least!) that the first image IK get in that advert says 10.8HP at 1500 RPM, and looks for all the world like it is on a Lister SL!

It would explain why it is the only green bit on an otherwise grey engine

Richard