Ebay vintage engine sales

MtB

Featured Posts

24 minutes ago, MtB said:

Ah how lovely. A proper vintage lump with a flywheel you can see going round, unlike them newfangled modern LWs....

....which were actually introduced in 1931, only two years after the L2; they must have seemed a considerable step forward at the time.

I've seen someone - perhaps you?- refer to the LW as an early modern engine rather than a vintage engine, and I guess they had a point.

14 minutes ago, Athy said:

....which were actually introduced in 1931, only two years after the L2; they must have seemed a considerable step forward at the time.

I've seen someone - perhaps you?- refer to the LW as an early modern engine rather than a vintage engine, and I guess they had a point.

I've always thought L2's a little "agricultural" compared to an LW, at least in the noise department. That could be because mine is a marine unit with the cone reversing box, I think that actually makes more noise than the engine. 

The 2L2 in the boat I just moved was very smooth, it's a stationary engine that was previously hand start but now has a motor driving the flywheel via a regular 6 rib flat belt.

• Greenie 1

The 4LW in the crane was the quitest ,easiest starting diesel Ive ever had ...........an  alternative motor was a 3/71 GM ,a noise maker if ever there was one .If the crane had a GM,I could have sold it easily...........there is a sort of US inspired cult of millenial climate change deniers ,noise and emission lovers .