Ebay vintage engine sales

MtB

Featured Posts

But paradoxically, if it had one less cylinder it would be worth 50% more!

Not too sure about that anymore 3's seem to sell more than 2's. I know of a couple of 2's and they have been sat around for quite a while now. I think the market for Gardners and all vintage engines is less now than it was 10-15 years ago.

People want the 3's due to the big alternators being fitted, third pot for the lekky.

Not too sure about that anymore 3's seem to sell more than 2's. I know of a couple of 2's and they have been sat around for quite a while now. I think the market for Gardners and all vintage engines is less now than it was 10-15 years ago.

People want the 3's due to the big alternators being fitted, third pot for the lekky.

Really? I know someone who might be in the market for a sensibly-priced 2LW...

It's finding the boxes for them though Richard. Parsons F type aren't that forthcoming!

True. A PRM is a sensible replacement

You could fit a long lever and a massive spring for authenticity if you want

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know if I'm going to get moderated for posting a link to an engine that's not strictly vintage but here goes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/231909288786

Definately a beautiful engine even if it's not vintage

I would say that built in 1970 to a 1950s design and turning over at a maximum 1,500 rpm qualifies it as "vintage", yes. In addition it was built to power working barges (though it's not stated that it actually drove one) and has bits of Gardner in it, game, set and match!

I bet you have made someone, somewhere on the forum study his bank account intently.

I bet you have made someone, somewhere on the forum study his bank account intently.

If it was abit cheaper id be tempted myself, although I think a 3cylinder version would suit my boat more.

Regards kris

Edited by kris88

I don't know if I'm going to get moderated for posting a link to an engine that's not strictly vintage but here goes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/231909288786

Definately a beautiful engine even if it's not vintage

It's beautiful, very similar colour to my boat. I like it a lot.

Now to check down the back of the sofa....

Edited by FadeToScarlet