More residential moorings....?

welshmike

Featured Posts

Did I really? Goodness me. If I didn't specify anyone in particular, how is that racist exactly?

The second kind of benefit recipient are the ferral, immoral, unscrupulous, lazy, non contributing claimants who see living on benefits as a permanent lifestyle choice. Some of these are coming to UK from other countries purely to milk the benefit system in which case they are criminals because they are fraudulently obtaining money from the British taxpayer who are fast becoming the underprivileged majority. I don't want the latter as my next door neighbours if I live on a boat. They would not be safe. I'd drown them...

I am going to report this post because you are deliberately inciting a war by twisting the wording of my post which I said tongue in cheek. At no point did I make any reference to specific individuals. Either get new glasses and read my posts properly or stay quiet. Better to not to say anything and be thought of as a fool rather than to open one's mouth and reveal yourself to be the stirrer you are.

Hilarious, you join a public forum, spout a load of racist nonsense and threaten to either leave or report posts because you object to them.

You have all the makings of a troll and perhaps I am guilty of feeding one, I see others have come out either against my posts or in sympathy with yours, I don't care, Your posts are beyond opinion, they are vile.

• Greenie 2

I'm sure some of us are already at them but that's not really your business is it?

I'm on 'holiday' but I really should be scraping varnish, paint and anti-foul off my boat so I'm happy to take Nina's hint and get on with it.

The funny thing about working at a Broads boatyard is that I'm surrounded by Smurfs, sanding blue paint off ex-Hoseasons hire boats.

Colour is not an issue, though, as I'm a shade of mahogany that David Dickinson would be proud of.

Hilarious, you join a public forum, spout a load of racist nonsense and threaten to either leave or report posts because you object to them.

You have all the makings of a troll and perhaps I am guilty of feeding one, I see others have come out either against my posts or in sympathy with yours, I don't care, Your posts are beyond opinion, they are vile.

Seconded.

nina c, on 27 August 2011 - 11:53 AM, said:

According to recent reports, immigration to the UK is up by

21% this year, many of which are African criminals who can't be deported because

of their Human Rights, (please do visit Downing Streets e petition site if

you're interested in signing the campaign on having a referendum by the Daily

Express to leave the EU.)

Obviously and as part of their Human Rights as

deemed by the EU, they are in receipt of benefits and free housing, which the UK

has run out of hence them now turning their somewhat urgent need to the idea of

putting more and more people to live on the water.

nina c, on 02 September 2011- 09:51 AM, said:

Thesecond kind of benefit recipient are the ferral, immoral, unscrupulous, lazy,non contributing claimants who see living on benefits as a permanent lifestylechoice. Some of these are coming to UKfrom other countries purely to milk the benefit system in which casethey are criminals because they are fraudulently obtaining money from theBritish taxpayer who are fast becoming the underprivileged majority. I don't want thelatter as my next door neighbours if I live on a boat. Theywould not be safe. I'd drown them..

Whatthe African criminals who you have pre judged as such with no basis in fact or foundation. :judge:

Edited by Julynian

I can't help but feel that:

When I made my original post it was based on the observation that there are two kinds of benefit recipients. The first kind are the honest people in genuine need of financial assistance for which the welfare state was originally created. I have no problem at all with supporting this kind of person and I am proud to live in a country that looks after it's own in this way.

The second kind of benefit recipient are the ferral, immoral, unscrupulous, lazy, non contributing claimants who see living on benefits as a permanent lifestyle choice. Some of these are coming to UK from other countries purely to milk the benefit system in which case they are criminals because they are fraudulently obtaining money from the British taxpayer who are fast becoming the underprivileged majority. I don't want the latter as my next door neighbours if I live on a boat. They would not be safe. I'd drown them if I saw that I was continuing to work 24/7 while they made no contribution whatsoever. The canalways of Britain are one of the last vestiges of unspoilt rural heritage which needs preserving at all costs. It should be a privilege to live on a boat, not a cheap housing option.

Any increase in residential moorings should be offered to the most deserving members who have made sacrifices and contributions towards forming the backbone of this country, not those who think they have an automatic entitlement through the near bankrupt welfare system. Our injured armed forces, elderly, nurses, teachers, police, firemen, anyone who works on a low income, etc should be made the priority if residential moorings become a viable option to ease the housing shortage.

And if anyone thinks my comments are too brutal, go and try living in Australia:-)

is in breach of the forum rules and guidelines:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, speculative,, inaccurate, aimed to deceive, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

This includes the use of duplicate identity or a identity or username aimed to deliberately deceive.

and not only breach forum rules and guidelines, regardless of what side of the fence you are on, totally illegal and WRONG. Tongue in cheek or not. I can only feel if that is written in a jovial manner, then you need to use your inner monologue a bit more before writing.

Oh my god, ive just realised that i've now taken a side, i'm gonna rot in multicultural hell and spend eternity being violated by African criminal immigrants (just so we are clear that is tongue in cheek, and i shall indicate thus) ;););););)

I'm quite interested in the original post so I might try and get this train reck that Nina caused back on track.

If they are residential moorings does that mean you will have to pay BW licence (that just keeps going up), council tax, tv licence and for any services you might have?

In that case its not going to be cheap affordable housing for anyone!? I see paying my BW fee as council tax I couldn't afford both! Maybe Nina's getting her (or his) knickers in a twist over nothing.

Also did it just say in the original post that people would be able to claim benifits not that they were moving benifit claimers on to boats?

Sorry if this has been said before I didn't want to hurt my head reading to much of the racist guff.

I'm on 'holiday' but I really should be scraping varnish, paint and anti-foul off my boat so I'm happy to take Nina's hint and get on with it.

The funny thing about working at a Broads boatyard is that I'm surrounded by Smurfs, sanding blue paint off ex-Hoseasons hire boats.

Colour is not an issue, though, as I'm a shade of mahogany that David Dickinson would be proud of.

Must get a new TV - I thought David Dickinson was orange.

I'm quite interested in the original post so I might try and get this train reck that Nina caused back on track.

If they are residential moorings does that mean you will have to pay BW licence (that just keeps going up), council tax, tv licence and for any services you might have?

In that case its not going to be cheap affordable housing for anyone!? I see paying my BW fee as council tax I couldn't afford both! Maybe Nina's getting her (or his) knickers in a twist over nothing.

Also did it just say in the original post that people would be able to claim benifits not that they were moving benifit claimers on to boats?

Sorry if this has been said before I didn't want to hurt my head reading to much of the racist guff.

That's my take on it, I can't see how house boats could ever be a sustainable solution to the housing deficit. As I said before, it could be argued that the people who want to live aboard may find it easier thus freeing up affordable homes for others, but I don't think that the numbers would add up, I think this will end up on the shelf as an idea that came about with no real legs.

I do however think that there should be more residential moorings made available, not to sort out the housing crisis but to allow people to live without looking over their shoulders. (I wonder how many Leisureboards would take up a residential if given the chance?)

Yes we need more residential opportunities because the present lack of them is a hindrance to the formalisation of certain rights for some boaters and also to people who want to move on to the water. What effect it would have on the housing crisis long term is another bucket of haddock altogether.

At last!

Yes, that's exactly what it means.

Keith

Yes we need more residential opportunities because the present lack of them is a hindrance to the formalisation of certain rights for some boaters and also to people who want to move on to the water. What effect it would have on the housing crisis long term is another bucket of haddock altogether.

Very little because not many people relish the idea of living on a boat.

Keith

Very little because not many people relish the idea of living on a boat.

Well that depends, make that offer to someone homeless or suffer poor housing conditions and I think they'll bite your arm off.

I also think that a lot more people would want to live on a boat per say.

Many people I speak to and tell them about our plan to live on the rivers and canals often reply we would love to do something that. It's surprising too how many people don't realise you can live like that either, so given the knowledge that it's possible I think many more people would be on the canals today and certainly attract more in the future.

I have read with faciniation this thread so far, trying not to get involved, but how dare you !!!! What a ridiculously short sighted view you have on army service, I was born in South Africa, am one of those dreadful immigrants you whitter on about yet every singe man in my family fought to defend YOUR king and country in WW1 and WW2 , although all South Africans they fought in the British Army. My grandfather spent WW1 in the Somme was sent home injured and yet he PAID HIS OWN way back to the front to continue fighting after his recovery. My father served in Burma and was Commander of Simonstown Navy base until he died - a British Navy base although he was born in a place called Koemga in East Griqualand.

How incredibly crass and stuped to make a comment like - the cannon fodder of world wars too ofte came from the colonies - ask your Australians about Gallipoli, ask Canadians about Juno Beach or look up Delville Wood.

I am on lunch break from my job where I pay my taxes after immigrating here 14 years ago with never a day unemployed.

You are a silly small minded ignorant person - sorry for giving the life history here, but there must be thousands of immigrants who would feel the same way reading your post.

Well said KIKI

you should have one of those greenie thingymajigs if I've done this right ;)

I have read with faciniation this thread so far, trying not to get involved, but how dare you !!!! What a ridiculously short sighted view you have on army service, I was born in South Africa, am one of those dreadful immigrants you whitter on about yet every man in my family for the past generations fought to defend YOUR king and country in WW1 and WW2 , although all South Africans were VOLUNTEERS , they fought in the British Army. My grandfather spent WW1 in the Somme was sent home injured and yet he PAID HIS OWN way back to the front to continue fighting after his recovery. My father served in Burma and was Commander of Simonstown Navy base until he died - a British Navy base although he was born in a place called Koemga in East Griqualand.

How incredibly crass and stuped to make a comment like - the cannon fodder of world wars too often came from the colonies - ask your Australians about Gallipoli, ask Canadians about Juno Beach or look up Delville Wood.

I am on lunch break from my job where I pay my taxes after immigrating here 14 years ago with never a day unemployed.

You are a silly small minded ignorant person - sorry for giving the life history here, but there must be thousands of immigrants who would feel the same way reading your post.

Well put Kiki have another greenie!

Many people from all kinds of countries in the past and today have fought side by side in the British Army or as allies. There is good reason for this country to be grateful and proud of that fact. I was very much behind the campaign in recent years to support retired Gurkhas rights for that reason.

From carlt no less.

We must discuss that later!

I agree, or disagree, with what people say, not who they are, especially having never met them.

I'm sure Kiki is a lovely person, in the real world, who I would get along just fine with.

There may be one or two subjects we have to skirt round, but isn't that the way with all people, who have an opinion and don't shy away from expressing it?

I have read with faciniation this thread so far, trying not to get involved, but how dare you !!!! What a ridiculously short sighted view you have on army service, I was born in South Africa, am one of those dreadful immigrants you whitter on about yet every man in my family for the past generations fought to defend YOUR king and country in WW1 and WW2 , although all South Africans were VOLUNTEERS , they fought in the British Army. My grandfather spent WW1 in the Somme was sent home injured and yet he PAID HIS OWN way back to the front to continue fighting after his recovery. My father served in Burma and was Commander of Simonstown Navy base until he died - a British Navy base although he was born in a place called Koemga in East Griqualand.

How incredibly crass and stuped to make a comment like - the cannon fodder of world wars too often came from the colonies - ask your Australians about Gallipoli, ask Canadians about Juno Beach or look up Delville Wood.

Well Kiki I have used up one of my valuable greenies. Well said. I love Simonstown I used to catch the train there many times as a kid with my parents. Trying to think of the name of that dog that they made the statue of that now stands in Simonstown. I would just add it was not only the South African's of English decent that fought in both World Wars.

Edited by cotswoldsman