More residential moorings....?

welshmike

Featured Posts

Wil you stop dragging this topic back to suit your own agenda! Its moved on. Yours and wanted's remarks on some of your posts are really beginning to be boring

No

For one I have no agenda.

I'm only too happy to bore you and will continue to do so, if you don't like it please ignore me, you have that option, but don't tell me what I can or cannot do, you have neither the authority to do so, or any right to do so.

I like everyone else have a right of reply, as you feel you have a right to defend someone with racist and biggotory views, I and others could reasonably conclude that those who defend such people also agree with their viewpoint.

Ok so why would anyone want to house people in Sea Containers? The largest one being 45ft X 7ft 9in. Having in a previous, previous life purchased many thousands of these I can think of far better and cheaper alternatives by the time they were converted into something habitable they would cost a fortune!!!!

A sea container is bigger than many residential caravans. With imagination, and smart thinking, a lot can be achieved as a temporary solution.

And here's some more ideas.

There's more than one way to create a home and if the government are opening up to ideas on rethinking that a home does not have to be bricks and mortar, it means anything is possible without taking anything away from the rural parts of the UK.

A sea container is bigger than many residential caravans. With imagination, and smart thinking, a lot can be achieved as a temporary solution.

And here's some more ideas.

There's more than one way to create a home and if the government are opening up to ideas on rethinking that a home does not have to be bricks and mortar, it means anything is possible without taking anything away from the rural parts of the UK.

And the cost of these conversions??

It is not a temporary solution we require it is a long term solution.

They were members of the British Commonwealth.

Yes, but they were not British.

Their Nations did not send them to fight in WWII because they were compelled to do so by the UK government, but because their own sovereign government made that choice.

And the cost of these conversions??

It is not a temporary solution we require it is a long term solution.

I have renovated property since I was 18 in two countries so costs will vary depending on what the occupier wishes to spend. If the government provide an insulated, weatherproof shell with the basics, kitchen, bathroom, heating and lighting, and the containers are already sited and connected to services, all that's left is for them to be funished. Or people could buy their own container and spend whatever they want.

Where is the difference between a residential caravan, boat, park home or any other temporary home like a container? Boats are temporary are they not?

As for a long term solution, thinking on this has changed due to the varying needs of people at various times. A single person needs a different kind of home to a family. A young family's needs will change as the family grows up and leaves home. A retired couple will need a different kind of home again.

The current housing crisis needs to address the problem in the shorterm while the long term can be planned for and managed with foresight for the future. It's managing the situation now that seems to be the issue not the long term situation. This will improve as the economy improves.

I think you are wrong and a source would be very handy. I have looked myself and can find no law allowing the deportation of UK Citizens if they commit a crime. The law was changed after the mass deportations to the colonies making deportation illegal.

I thought we were talking about immigrants, not UK citizens. If I have missed the point, I apologise.

Expressing distaste at racist comments is not bullying.

It can be, and the way you and others did it, was.

The language that Ninac used went from being just racist, which she was perfectly entitled to express (and anyone is perfectly entitled to respond to), to threatening violence, which she isn't allowed to do.

Don't lie, Carl. You know perfectly well that she wasn't seriously suggesting she would throw people in the canal.

If I tell you to go and jump in the lake, it doesn't mean that I expect you to actually do it. It's just an expression.

When you have to resort to falsehood and misrepresentation to make your case, things have got pretty bad.

You owe Nina an apology.

I thought we were talking about immigrants, not UK citizens. If I have missed the point, I apologise.

I was. Maybe you are not aware but immigrants become UK citizens. I became a citizen in 1973 though I could have done so earlier but stuck with Right of Abode until I was certain. My ex stuck with Right of Abode for about 10 years and then became a citizen in 1993.

Bigot: One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ

???

Well pointed out.

It seems that it's OK to hate and abuse people who are accused of hating and abusing other people.

Fighting one wrong with another wrong is no way to prove that one person's views are better than another person's.

it is amazing how some people just simply cannot admit when they are wrong,despit the fact that nina c continues to make a valid and intelligent contribution to this thread,there would appear to be a stubborn and unenlightened group of forum members who insist upon sticking to their somewhat rusty and out moded prejudices.

after all,this is a DISCUSSION forum,is it not?

i would respectfully suggest that it is nina who is owed an apology.

do those members who were rude to nina have the COJONES to do so,or do they wish to continue making themselves foolish ?

it is amazing how some people just simply cannot admit when they are wrong,despit the fact that nina c continues to make a valid and intelligent contribution to this thread,there would appear to be a stubborn and unenlightened group of forum members who insist upon sticking to their somewhat rusty and out moded prejudices.

do those members who were rude to nina have the COJONES to do so,or do they wish to continue making themselves foolish ?

Sorry what out moded prejudices are you referring to?

it is amazing how some people just simply cannot admit when they are wrong

How are these people wrong, wrong about what?

Enlighten as all as to why you think she deserves an apology?

Sorry for not contriuting we're on our hols. (and my B key is playing up...)

My tuppenorth... to sidestep the good Prof Godwin let us take Somalia as an example; the country fell apart and the pretext to that mess was an ethnic divide; again in Rwanda a country fell apart along ethnic lines. Yugoslavia anyone? That's a it closer to home...

Civilised people recognise that the racism that underlies and to some degree promotes such actions is vile and merits strong challenge; that people might make a counter allegation of igotry is mischievous rhetoric easily countered when we rememer that the greater good is served y countering such racist crap as is often spouted in every corner of life. It is those "man enough" to make that challenge who are the enlightened ones...

Mods; we've had this deate in times passed ut I wonder; if Nina and lackrat's comments were homophoic; where the lines are not so fuzzy, would you tolerate that? I for one would find hoophoic comment equally offensive!

As to the point in hand; I an a canalsnob, I relish the glint in people's eyes when they find out I live on the water; I am sad that that might e threatened and man enough to admit it... However a formalised housing situation could present a susidy that is needed; the enefits might outweigh my snoery...

Indeed it is - which means that those who do not agree with Nina suddenly do not capitulate and say ' oh sorry you are right and we are wrong ' instead they offer a differing set of opinions and views...

Edited by MJG

Cotswoldsman, I am standing by everything I've said along with the context in which my comments were made. I will not be bullied off this thread by forum thugs. As a British person, I have every right to comment and discuss intelligently the problems that the UK is currently experiencing. Immigration is one of the current problems and as this also relates to the issue of benefits and social housing, my main concerns are that the government or local authorities do not try to resolve the lack of housing by suggesting that people can simply live on the UK waterways carte blanche. Our canals and canal history deserve the same prestige, preservation and dedication of management as all National Parks such as the Lake District which is where I am from. They are not dumping grounds for society issues.

Far from inciting any kind of rascist remarks against any group or nationality, I simply quoted the Daily Express's recent link. There was also a Panaorama documentary this week and the Telegraph commented on the same. I am happy to send you all the links away from the forum should you wish to continue with this pointless debate which in no way refers to my original comments.

Every week I receive emails from someone in Nigeria asking for my bank account. There are some issues relating to overseas criminality. This is openly discussed within the wider news currently. Or do you think the sender of the emails simply wishes to be my pen friend?

If you are seeking to correct me on any of my comments, I suggest you take your agenda and your issues outside the forum and contact me via the private messaging service.

That applies to any others who feel the need to attack or correct my posts.

• Greenie 1

Sorry for not contriuting we're on our hols. (and my B key is playing up...)

My tuppenorth... to sidestep the good Prof Godwin let us take Somalia as an example; the country fell apart and the pretext to that mess was an ethnic divide; again in Rwanda a country fell apart along ethnic lines. Yugoslavia anyone? That's a it closer to home...

Civilised people recognise that the racism that underlies and to some degree promotes such actions is vile and merits strong challenge; that people might make a counter allegation of igotry is mischievous rhetoric easily countered when we rememer that the greater good is served y countering such racist crap as is often spouted in every corner of life. It is those "man enough" to make that challenge who are the enlightened ones...

Mods; we've had this deate in times passed ut I wonder; if Nina and lackrat's comments were homophoic; where the lines are not so fuzzy, would you tolerate that? I for one would find hoophoic comment equally offensive!

As to the point in hand; I an a canalsnob, I relish the glint in people's eyes when they find out I live on the water; I am sad that that might e threatened and man enough to admit it... However a formalised housing situation could present a susidy that is needed; the enefits might outweigh my snoery...

Absolutely smelly, got it in one.

I don't seem to have a greenie so I owe you one.

Don't lie, Carl. You know perfectly well that she wasn't seriously suggesting she would throw people in the canal.

You owe Nina an apology.

I am not lying.

Having witnessed racist violence at first hand I would put nothing past them.

Considering her previous racist comments and there being no hint of humour in her posts I'm afraid the wish to do harm was evident, even if it was unlikely that she would actually carry out the deed.

My last word on the matter. You are a troll and I have no wish to engage in your crap any more.

Cotswoldsman, I am standing by everything I've said along with the context in which my comments were made. I will not be bullied off this thread by forum thugs. As a British person, I have every right to comment and discuss intelligently the problems that the UK is currently experiencing. Immigration is one of the current problems and as this also relates to the issue of benefits and social housing, my main concerns are that the government or local authorities do not try to resolve the lack of housing by suggesting that people can simply live on the UK waterways carte blanche. Our canals and canal history deserve the same prestige, preservation and dedication of management as all National Parks such as the Lake District which is where I am from. They are not dumping grounds for society issues.

Far from inciting any kind of rascist remarks against any group or nationality, I simply quoted the Daily Express's recent link. There was also a Panaorama documentary this week and the Telegraph commented on the same. I am happy to send you all the links away from the forum should you wish to continue with this pointless debate which in no way refers to my original comments.

Every week I receive emails from someone in Nigeria asking for my bank account. There are some issues relating to overseas criminality. This is openly discussed within the wider news currently. Or do you think the sender of the emails simply wishes to be my pen friend?

If you are seeking to correct me on any of my comments, I suggest you take your agenda and your issues outside the forum and contact me via the private messaging service.

That applies to any others who feel the need to attack or correct my posts.

Anything I have to say I will say on the forum. I am sorry you think I am a bully for disagreeing with you about your views on African immigrants. I also happen to think that immigration is not a problem.

No

For one I have no agenda.

I'm only too happy to bore you and will continue to do so, if you don't like it please ignore me, you have that option, but don't tell me what I can or cannot do, you have neither the authority to do so, or any right to do so.

I like everyone else have a right of reply, as you feel you have a right to defend someone with racist and biggotory views, I and others could reasonably conclude that those who defend such people also agree with their viewpoint.

What a feeble reply, Your pathetic

Anything I have to say I will say on the forum. I am sorry you think I am a bully for disagreeing with you about your views on African immigrants. I also happen to think that immigration is not a problem.

She makes you an open offer to debate the subject outside of this forum, you decline, preferring perhaps to continue it on here, where you can possibly draw help from a few others on here? Classic bullying culture!

Cotswoldsman, I am standing by everything I've said along with thecontext in which my comments were made. I will not be bullied off this threadby forum thugs. As a British person, I have every right to comment and discussintelligently the problems that the UK is currently experiencing. Immigrationis one of the current problems and as this also relates to the issue ofbenefits and social housing, my main concerns are that the government or localauthorities do not try to resolve the lack of housing by suggesting that peoplecan simply live on the UK waterways carte blanche.

Our canals and canal history deserve the sameprestige, preservation and dedication of management as all National Parks suchas the Lake District which is where I am from. They are not dumping grounds forsociety issues.

Who exactly is our, everyone is entitled to access, itbelongs to us all, including those you perceive to be part of society issues.

Far from inciting any kind of rascist remarks against anygroup or nationality, I simply quoted the Daily Express's recent link. Therewas also a Panaorama documentary this week and the Telegraph commented on thesame. I am happy to send you all the links away from the forum should you wishto continue with this pointless debate which in no way refers to my originalcomments.

Just because you say youquoted something doesn’t make it right or true. If people quote things from newspapersites they usually have the courtesy to supply the link. Not expect to becontacted and asked.

Every week I receive emails from someone in Nigeria askingfor my bank account. There are some issues relating to overseas criminality.This is openly discussed within the wider news currently. Or do you think thesender of the emails simply wishes to be my pen friend?

I receive the same mail dailyfrom different countries all over the world even this country, however againyou feel it necessary to point out only the mail from a particular nation who’sskin colour is predominantly Black.

If you areseeking to correct me on any of my comments, I suggest you take your agenda andyour issues outside the forum and contact me via the private messaging service.

That applies to any others who feel the need toattack or correct my posts.

The typical arrogance you have shown through this thread, you post inan open forum and expect people who disagree with you to contact you personally to argue the point.

Unbelievable!

What a feeble reply, Your pathetic

Expected reply from someone who cannot back up their reasons for posting utter nonsense.