More residential moorings....?

welshmike

Featured Posts

Who exactly is our, everyone is entitled to access, itbelongs to us all, including those you perceive to be part of society issues.

Just because you say youquoted something doesn’t make it right or true. If people quote things from newspapersites they usually have the courtesy to supply the link. Not expect to becontacted and asked.

I receive the same mail dailyfrom different countries all over the world even this country, however againyou feel it necessary to point out only the mail from a particular nation who’sskin colour is predominantly Black.

The typical arrogance you have shown through this thread, you post inan open forum and expect people who disagree with you to contact you personally to argue the point.

Unbelievable!

Expected reply from someone who cannot back up their reasons for posting utter nonsense.

I hope all this rubbish your spouting is recyclable, I don't wish to find it wrapped around my prop over the next few weeks :rolleyes:

Anything I have to say I will say on the forum. I am sorry you think I am a bully for disagreeing with you about your views on African immigrants. I also happen to think that immigration is not a problem.

Throughout the centuries we have had many waves of immigration such as Romans, Saxons and Normans.

They either assimilate (Saxons and Normans) or eventually leave (Romans).

My family on my mothers side attempted to become immigrants of this country as well as a few others in the early 1940s but it did not work out because the locals resisted .rolleyes.gif

Yours tongue in cheekily

Ditchdabbler

[/i][/b]

Throughout the centuries we have had many waves of immigration such as Romans, Saxons and Normans.

They either assimilate (Saxons and Normans) or eventually leave (Romans).

My family on my mothers side attempted to become immigrants of this country as well as a few others in the early 1940s but it did not work out because the locals resisted .rolleyes.gif

Yours tongue in cheekily

Ditchdabbler

Lol lol lol, cakey sod! Hahahaha. Brilliant.

Sorry CV32 can you just explain that statement are you saying people on Housing Benefit do not work and pay tax?

I expect that some do and some do not - my point is that lots of people live outside the city's and have to commute in because they cannot afford to live nearer, why should others be given a benefit that is sufficient to allow them to ?

I expect that some do and some do not - my point is that lots of people live outside the city's and have to commute in because they cannot afford to live nearer, why should others be given a benefit that is sufficient to allow them to ?

Now this is an interesting point that is far off the OP that I'm going to start a new thread...

It's perfectly clear if you'r not intelligent enough to understand it, then that's a problem for you, not me wink.gif

Awwww, perhaps I should point you in the direction of Ann summers? I am sure they will have something to help you with your frustration. Works for me :cheers:

Now this is an interesting point that is far off the OP that I'm going to start a new thread...

Agreed. I was going to comment but I'll wait for your new thread.

(You can use the character map to copy and paste the b to your clipboard btw :P )

Anything I have to say I will say on the forum. I am sorry you think I am a bully for disagreeing with you about your views on African immigrants. I also happen to think that immigration is not a problem.

Who's side are you on? You're African but live in Britain yet you think immigration is not a problem??? As a business owner, every day I have young people of all races and nationalities asking me for a job. We have young Somali's, Pakistani's, British, Japanese, sorry if I have missed anyone, you all deserve the same chance if you're prepared to work.

There are too many people here already. We are an island. We cannot take anymore people if the system is on overload. When the government and local authorities are talking about housing people on canals, WE ARE IN DEEP TROUBLE.

Cotswoldsman, if you're a British citizen, are you now British living life on British terms or are you African? Hard question I know. I'm British, lived abroad but I stood by my adopted countries policies and race during the time I was there. In Britain, I am British and have no problem defending my nationality to the last breath. I expect every other person who lives in Britain to do the same. You know how it is? When in Rome??

So where's your loyalty if you don't mind me asking the humble question? You said you didn't mind keeping it on the forum so I thought I'd ask.

Awwww, perhaps I should point you in the direction of Ann summers? I am sure they will have something to help you with your frustration. Works for me :cheers:

Now you have to start being juvenile further compounding the belief that the the lack of intelligence I've thus credited you with was rather over optimistic' you clearly prefer to confirm your ignorance further, rather than to quote some ones post with something edifying or enlightening in way of riposte. cheers.gif

If you can't take the heat, I suggest leaving the kitchen might save your self from further embarrassment.wink.gif

It's perfectly clear if you'r not intelligent enough to understand it, then that's a problem for you, not me wink.gif

Do shut up you irritating pillock. I am trying to understand Cotswoldsman and you are getting in the way somewhat with your irrelevant bandwagon hopping posts.

Now you have to start being juvenile further compounding the belief that the the lack of intelligence I've thus credited you with was rather over optimistic' you clearly prefer to confirm your ignorance further, rather than to quote some ones post with something edifying or enlightening in way of riposte. cheers.gif

If you can't take the heat, I suggest leaving the kitchen might save your self from further embarrassment.wink.gif

Awwwww, poor babs, do you need a cuddle?

Cotswoldsman, I am standing by everything I've said...............

On really !

Sadly that's not true, it seems!

I am now unsubscribing on the grounds that you're a bunch of wimps your only argument being to try and bully your way through this debate.

Expressing distaste at racist comments is not bullying.

I am happy to hold a discussion with racists but they must accept that, if they use such language against a group, then they should expect the same back as an individual.

The language that Ninac used went from being just racist, which she was perfectly entitled to express (and anyone is perfectly entitled to respond to), to threatening violence, which she isn't allowed to do.

Two wrongs dont make a right, Carl.

On really !

Sadly that's not true, it seems!

Alan, I had unsubscribed but I have had lots of private messages agreeing that the canals are not a potential dumping ground for people who can't be housed elsewhere for whatever reason. I have rejoined the forum because I feel passionately about keeping our waterways open to those who appreciate and contribute to the waterways because of their tranquility and unspoilt rural life. If the floodgates open to residential moorings to just anyone, this life we all enjoy, whether we are liveaboards or canal enthusiasts, will disappear forever. I am defending this history and love of the British waterways regardless of how my posts have been interpreted.

Two wrongs don't make a right, Carl.

Maffi... How would you propose that such distasteful comments be challenged? You might stand as the protector of free speech however there is a darker side to your comments which I'm sure you well know.

You appear loathe to condemn someone discussing drowning scrounging African thieves yet jump in shoes and all to defend those people against what to some people is well founded, if equally strong, opprobrium...

With mischievous rhetoric in mind, would you stand forward and condemn the racist element on this thread?

Two wrongs dont make a right, Carl.

So are you saying that in the face of racism and biggotory we should turn a blind eye, let them preach/print their bile for all to see but not argue/debate against it.

Interesting thought. I wonder what sort of world we would be living in now if adopted that stance 100 years ago. Possibly a descendent of Hitler would be our leader and living in a police state maybe. I suspect the canal system would be long gone along with anything else intrinsically British. Maybe the canal system would been the perfect footing for a new Berlin Wall, who knows?

Edited by Julynian

On other forum much of what I've read in this so called discussion would be "re-ex'd", in other words reported to the moderators as unacceptable behaviour.

Why?

Because the subject of the discussion is "More residential moorings", not a chance to throw bricks, mud and canal dredgings at each other.

I do not condone racism, nor do enjoy reading what appear to be personal attacks on individuals who hold differing views to your own.

• Greenie 1

Maffi... How would you propose that such distasteful comments be challenged? You might stand as the protector of free speech however there is a darker side to your comments which I'm sure you well know.

You appear loathe to condemn someone discussing drowning scrounging African thieves yet jump in shoes and all to defend those people against what to some people is well founded, if equally strong, opprobrium...

With mischievous rhetoric in mind, would you stand forward and condemn the racist element on this thread?

Where did anyone on this thread mention quote 'drowning African thieves'??? The people I was referring to were the current 4 million Brits that are on benefits in households where no one has ever worked. Some of these are generations of white Brits who have grown up living on the welfare state for decades. These are the ones I don't want for neighbours and they are the same ones I tongue in cheek said 'I would drown' if I had to work all day while they didn't contribute a thing. Please stop making an issue of racism when my comments were aimed firmly at the lazy, benefit seeking culture who would see living on the canals as a cheap housing option.

Where did anyone on this thread mention quote 'drowning African thieves'??? The people I was referring to were the current 4 million Brits that are on benefits in households where no one has ever worked. Some of these are generations of white Brits who have grown up living on the welfare state for decades. These are the ones I don't want for neighbours and they are the same ones I tongue in cheek said 'I would drown' if I had to work all day while they didn't contribute a thing. Please stop making an issue of racism when my comments were aimed firmly at the lazy, benefit seeking culture who would see living on the canals as a cheap housing option.

Sorry Smelly, I accidentally posted this in reply to the wrong poster.

Until joining this forum, I had hardly ever come across the terms, racist, bigot (even tho I spent 15yrs living in central London). In all seriousness, I find both terms to be used rather loosely on here. I seem to remember Gordon Brown using the term Bigot rather loosely as well. :wacko: