Lemons

LadyG

Featured Posts

35 minutes ago, MtB said:

Not sure what Lidl having lemons in stock has to do with living afloat, either! 

An ideal product to help maintain the appearance of the sour-faced liveaboard who doesn't know how to moor properly, and, regularly bellows "SLOW DOWN"

13 hours ago, LadyG said:

Lidl have new season lemons,  get there and buy them, never have had better even when I was on holiday in Italy and the roads were littered!

Thanks for the tipoff! Just picked some up. Lovely.

• Happy 1

9 hours ago, robtheplod said:

Who else popped in to see poor quality boats.... :) ?

I thought it said melons.

I was expecting to see boobies.

Utterly disappointed 😞 😞 😞 

Misogynist! 🤣

21 hours ago, LadyG said:

Lidl have new season lemons,  get there and buy them, never have had better even when I was on holiday in Italy and the roads were littered!

Misandrist!

🤣

Edited by blackrose
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

In Spain presently. Lemons everywhere.

How do you know, if you're not there yet?

8 hours ago, MtB said:

Not sure what Lidl having lemons in stock has to do with living afloat, either! 

Folks wot lives on boats do shopping, do they not?

13 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

Folks wot lives on boats do shopping, do they not?

But folk wot don't live on boats also do shopping, do they not? 

If so, the thread content is not related specifically to "Living on Boats", which was my point really.

22 minutes ago, MtB said:

But folk wot don't live on boats also do shopping, do they not? 

If so, the thread content is not related specifically to "Living on Boats", which was my point really.

Don't worry I'm sure your staff are aware of the arrival of fresh lemons and have stocked up appropriately for your G&T

53 minutes ago, MtB said:

One litre jugs, I reckon.

(Someone had to say it!)

Ooh, I do like big jugs, SWMBO has two... 😉 

(in the kitchen -- they hold *loads* of gravy...)

Edited by IanD

For those living afloat, the availability of fresh new season lemons for their culinary art is most useful. It is an ingredient, not a recipe, so hardly fits in that sub forum. There are many uses for lemons in the galley, for those who actually cook anything while living aboard. Even those whose culinary skills are limited to take away fish and chips would benefit from a squeeze of lemon on the fish, had they not smothered it in vinegar in the shop. However, if you only eat out in "spoons," live on takeaways, and packet, proceed meals, then the availability of fresh lemons would be of little interest to you. Thank-you lady G, in these hard times, Lidl is a good shout. 👍

• Love 1

5 hours ago, IanD said:

Ooh, I do like big jugs, SWMBO has two... 😉 

(in the kitchen -- they hold *loads* of gravy...)

Mmmm, gravy! This is one massive bugbear of mine. When having Sunday lunch in a pub they NEVER give you enough gravy! 

1 litre each would be about right IMHO. 

2 hours ago, MtB said:

Mmmm, gravy! This is one massive bugbear of mine. When having Sunday lunch in a pub they NEVER give you enough gravy! 

1 litre each would be about right IMHO. 

Not just not enough gravy, what they often pass off as "onion gravy" (e.g. with sausage and mash) is a pale imitation of the real thing -- for which you need *at least* one big onion per person (better still, two) plus lots of time to caramelise them properly, and some good stock, and a damn good glug of madeira/marsala/port... 🙂

Utterly glorious but too much time and effort for most restaurants to bother doing properly... 😞

Edited by IanD