Is a fat free Friar a revolutionary

Mangina

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Robin Hood's friend was 'Friar Tuck', & he was quite good in the forest and was quite a revolutionary.

He also had a friend named John little, sometimes called Little John. A lesser known fact is that Friar Tuck experimented with reversing parts of his name, but Triar Fu*k didn't catch on

• Horror 1

To actualy answer the OPs question :) Indeed they are good. Of course they dont actualy fry owt, that is a sales ploy frying is done with lashings of hot oil whereas air fryers blast hot air, a bit like the politics section :)

We used one onboard as liveaboards for a long time before they became trendy. Of course like most household appliances you do need the appropriate power source.

3 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

To actualy answer the OPs question :) Indeed they are good. Of course they dont actualy fry owt, that is a sales ploy ...

Maybe they should be called Air Friars. 

That way people would not be deceived into thinking there was frying happening. 

5 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

To actualy answer the OPs question :) Indeed they are good. Of course they dont actualy fry owt, that is a sales ploy frying is done with lashings of hot oil whereas air fryers blast hot air, a bit like the politics section :)

We used one onboard as liveaboards for a long time before they became trendy. Of course like most household appliances you do need the appropriate power source.

Same here. I've used one for years. It is a small fan oven and cooks in the same way as a fan oven but being smaller, uses less total energy than a normal sized electric oven for the same cooking task. 

They don't fry at all. I'm vaguely surprised Trading Standards don't stop them calling them "air fryers'!

9 minutes ago, MtB said:

Same here. I've used one for years. It is a small fan oven and cooks in the same way as a fan oven but being smaller, uses less total energy than a normal sized electric oven for the same cooking task. 

They don't fry at all. I'm vaguely surprised Trading Standards don't stop them calling them "air fryers'!

They are certainly not new tech I've had one of these for years.

827612.001?$aempdzoom$

22 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Interesting program on TV about them and energy use, the most efficient electrical way of cooking is Microwave, followed by air fryer, then slow cooker and electric oven. The first two are very close

I suppose that the two could work together, first cook your food through with the microwave, then finnish it in the air fryer. Best of both.

Beat me to it. 

I think the idea was 'I trust in non gay Padre' was like saying 'I trust in god, bro' 

In the sense the Padre was a term of endearment for the receiver of the message. 

There is an implication here that air fryers might be for homosexuals.