Is a fat free Friar a revolutionary

Mangina

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, Peanut said:

I suppose that the two could work together, first cook your food through with the microwave, then finnish it in the air fryer. Best of both.

This is how we cook jacket spuds.

Cooked right through very quickly in the microwave and the skin crisped off in the air fryer.

I tried a microwave once but it seemed to turn food into rubber. 

Maybe I was brought up wrong as there was never one on the house and we had a house until 1996. 

8 hours ago, magnetman said:

I tried a microwave once but it seemed to turn food into rubber. 

Maybe I was brought up wrong as there was never one on the house and we had a house until 1996. 

Peasants. We had a microwave in early 80s. It was American. Made by Tappan iirc

Edited by rusty69

19 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Peasants. We had a microwave in early 80s. It was American. Made by Tappan iirc

Indeed. All we had was one of these to cook our geese. 

Times were hard ! 

IMG_20231207_082116.jpg.372a7b49ec8bb83e5be159d86ea0bef4.jpg

• Greenie 1
  • Horror 1
  • Angry 1

11 minutes ago, manxmike said:

I have to admit this post from Mangina is the strangest one yet, terrible spelling and a fairly meaningless phrase to start the post. Perhaps he/she is real, but English is not his/her first language.

If he/she is real, then one has to question if they are able to properly understand the replies they get. Once you get into technical details, I would not trust any translation package to get things correct.

I think the answer is "definitely good as long as you are on a shoreline or generator, but maybe not so good and if you are using battery power and an inverter. In the latter case, you may well ruin your batteries".

I doubt the comprehension will be good enough to try to explain power audit and charging calculations.

Here is what chat gpt has to say on the subject. I didn't ask the bard.

It seems like you may be playing with words or creating a playful phrase. "Fat-free Friar" appears to be a combination of words that could be interpreted in different ways. If you're referring to a friar who is physically lean or someone who is free from excess fat, it's not necessarily revolutionary in a political or social sense.

However, language is versatile, and interpretations can vary. If there's a specific context or meaning you have in mind, please provide more details, and I'll do my best to assist 

Edited by rusty69

This is the problem with the written English language and I should know.

Too cooks were using the friar bit it was to hot so they took two the repair shop. 

All wrong but I bet you can read it (if you want to, you may prefer to pick holes) 

4 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

The first one I came across was in 1968 in a country club where I was doing some work

Apparently the first one came out in 1955 according to Hannah

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001t5jq/the-secret-genius-of-modern-life-series-2-4-microwave

Edited by rusty69

3 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

This is the problem with the written English language and I should know.

Too cooks were using the friar bit it was to hot so they took two the repair shop. 

All wrong but I bet you can read it (if you want to, you may prefer to pick holes) 

Eye wood knot dreem of talking the pi55

14 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

If he/she is real, then one has to question if they are able to properly understand the replies they get. Once you get into technical details

I think the answer is "definitely good as long as you are on a shoreline or generator, but maybe not so good and if you are using battery power and an inverter. In the latter case, you may well ruin your batteries".

I doubt the comprehension will be good enough to try to explain power audit and charging calculations.

Indeed, when I was working on a project with a company called Stirling Denmark, a colleague kept misspelling their company name in correspondence as Sterling Denmark.

He was mortified when a Dane took him to task over his ongoing mistake and wrote a letter of apology. As a finishing touch he got Google to translate it into Danish.

At the next meeting the Dane thanked him for the apology and then asked him what he had meant by a certain phrase 

He had put "in future I will try harder" but Google had translated it as "in future I will try to be more difficult!" 🤣

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cuthound said:

Indeed, when I was working on a project with a company called Stirling Denmark, a colleague kept misspelling their company name in correspondence as Sterling Denmark.

He was mortified when a Dane took him to task over his ongoing mistake and wrote a letter of apology. As a finishing touch he got Google to translate it into Danish.

At the next meeting the Dane thanked him for the apology and then asked him what he had meant by a certain phrase 

He had put "in future I will try harder" but Google had translated it as "in future I will try to be more difficult!" 🤣

At least they were sensible about it.

My brother, who is a freelance engineer, came a cropper with the Americans when he worked on a contract for Boeing.

Being a bit of a wag he began to insert Boing into emails rather than Boeing.  This went on for some time until he got a very snotty email from Boeing's legal department demanding that he desist from using Boing instead of Boeing or retribution would follow.

He framed the letter and hung it on his office wall.

Did stop doing it though.🙂

• Haha 3

At home I love my air frier, fast, cheap to run but I'm only cooking for one. I don't have a 240volt inverter on the boat(s) but at home cooking for one I love it. My sexy nexty liked it so much she bought one too.

If I had shore power or a big bank of batteries and an inverter for 240v I'd deffo have one on my boat.

K

Just now, Tony Brooks said:

The ability to recharge the big bank is just as important, if you can't then problems lie ahead.

But I did say "at home" and mentioned my lack of having shore power, so I hoped  I'd covered all the bases.

K

On 05/12/2023 at 23:01, Alan de Enfield said:

Robin Hood's friend was 'Friar Tuck', & he was quite good in the forest and was quite a revolutionary.

Yes but the poor chap obviously had an identity crisis , sounds like quite a ruffian actually and i suppose you're going to tell me he had a "chip on his shoulder " next!

• Haha 1