Renting boat unemployed

Jimmy2445

Featured Posts

Apparently you can - I've never tried- but you might find the paperwork tricky, my guess is that a 'casual' renting agreement might not work and you will have to get some sort of 'rent book' to persuade the DWP that you are in fact paying rent. Official residential moorings are scarce in the extreme so that could be a problem. Good luck.

Too easy to scam that one. 

DwP will probably pay for the licence if you are the licence holder and are continuously cruising and you are the Boat owner but I very much doubt they will pay for you to rent a Boat unless it is on a mooring. They will require a signed and confirmed tenancy agreement or mooring agreement. 

Otherwise your mate could rent you a boat for a grand a month and you share the beer money. 

Yes to licence if its your boat no to rental because it looks too much like a scam. 

2 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Several issues will affect this.

There will be NO unemployment after all the migrant workers earning less than £38k are sent home, DrinkDriving Minister Robert Jenrick told us today. There will also be no benefits either, as the Government is stopping all that rubbish, speshly for the illegals who will all be taken in dinghys to Rwanda. 

The government will also have access to your bank account, PIN number and birthday cards so you will have no money at all. 

A boat can be classed as a tent under new legislation put together by the Patel/Braverman thinktank and will thus be removed. 

Homelessness doesnt happen any more as this Government pledged to end it in 2017....and always carries out its pledges.

Seriously though

The boat will have to have an enhanced Boat Safety, be registered as a business with CRT and have a fixed address(mooring) in order to be considered for housing assistance on a rental basis.

I thought they were going to be fired there from the White Cliffs of Dover by a massive trebuchet?

31 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Several issues will affect this.

There will be NO unemployment after all the migrant workers earning less than £38k are sent home, DrinkDriving Minister Robert Jenrick told us today. There will also be no benefits either, as the Government is stopping all that rubbish, speshly for the illegals who will all be taken in dinghys to Rwanda. 

The government will also have access to your bank account, PIN number and birthday cards so you will have no money at all. 

A boat can be classed as a tent under new legislation put together by the Patel/Braverman thinktank and will thus be removed. 

Homelessness doesnt happen any more as this Government pledged to end it in 2017....and always carries out its pledges.

Tbh I'm just hoping the broker sells my boat before they deport all the boat people to Rwanda 

2 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Get a job and the problems go away.

Not really very helpful. The OP has told us that he is unemployed and will be homeless at the end of the month, but as we do not know the circumstances, it is, perhaps,  inappropriate to be judgemental.

• Greenie 4
  • Unimpressed 1

5 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

Not really very helpful. The OP has told us that he is unemployed and will be homeless at the end of the month, but as we do not know the circumstances, it is, perhaps,  inappropriate to be judgemental.

So who is being judgemental?  You are.  I am not. The world is full of people having a hard time, the ones that do better are the ones that get of their butts and get a job, not the ones that look for the cheapest housing and expect society to support them.

• Greenie 2
  • Angry 1

8 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

So who is being judgemental?  You are.  I am not. The world is full of people having a hard time, the ones that do better are the ones that get of their butts and get a job, not the ones that look for the cheapest housing and expect society to support them.

There are lots of reasons why folk can't get jobs. So many are now zero hours that they mess your life up more than not having one at all, calling them "jobs" at all should be illegal. I spent about four years unemployed in York as I was overqualified for some jobs and under qualified for the rest . I applied for hundreds. It really aint that simple.

• Greenie 3

On the lead up to Christmas there are loads of jobs going. How can you be overqualified  for a manual, menial job say in a bar or restaurant if you don't say that you are a brain surgeon?

I have taken guys off the dole, given them a crap job, sussed out what they were good at, and given them a new career and a good living.

I would sweep streets rather than have be out of work.

• Greenie 4

Well we haven't had such a crappy 'welcome to Canal World' for a long time, so well done for maintaining the standard Tracy.

Edited by M_JG

24 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

On the lead up to Christmas there are loads of jobs going. How can you be overqualified  for a manual, menial job say in a bar or restaurant if you don't say that you are a brain surgeon?

I have taken guys off the dole, given them a crap job, sussed out what they were good at, and given them a new career and a good living.

I would sweep streets rather than have be out of work.

I did sweep streets, but I had to move from York to Sussex to get the job! No idea why I was unemployable in York, but I was. Some people find it impossible to relocate, for one reason or another. There aren't many employers who will do what you did.

13 hours ago, system 4-50 said:

I swept streets briefly.  It was much harder than I expected.  You needed to be healthy and fit and it was still hard.

Life is hard, but look where hard work and determination got you.   Are you better for not retreating to an unofficial rental on a boat and living off benefits?  I bet you are. 

13 hours ago, M_JG said:

Well we haven't had such a crappy 'welcome to Canal World' for a long time, so well done for maintaining the standard Tracy.

As you know, I tell it like it is, no cotton wool. I am sick of the parasites in this world.  In my long life I have drawn dole for 2 weeks and in that time I started a business and worked damn hard at it for 55 years.

9 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

As you know, I tell it like it is, no cotton wool. I am sick of the parasites in this world.  In my long life I have drawn dole for 2 weeks and in that time I started a business and worked damn hard at it for 55 years.

That's two weeks more than me then.

Does that mean I should see you as a parasite?

3 minutes ago, M_JG said:

Does that mean I should see you as a parasite?

Great fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bite 'em,
And little fleas have lesser fleas, and so ad infinitum.
And the great fleas themselves, in turn, have greater fleas to go on;
While these again have greater still, and greater still, and so on.

Augustus De Morgan

• Greenie 1

Over-productivity is destroying the environment we all rely on. Ecosystems are collapsing. 

If most people were to sit around not doing much and using minimal amounts of energy spending minimal amounts of money there is a theoretical chance of things recovering. 

A basic universal income would help to achieve this end. 

Work and productivity might have been a Good Thing in the past but what is needed now is a major reversal in economic growth. 

Sit around ! 

You will never get rid of capitalism but feeding it with your own time means you are part of the machine which is slowly but surely killing everyone. 

Long live layabouts they are the true saviours. 

More beer ! 

• Greenie 4

38 minutes ago, M_JG said:

And me

Separate posting

I think that @Jimmy2445 biggest problem will be in proving what he is paying in rent, I strongly suspect who is ever renting a boat out cheaper than a flat wont want a paper trail for tax and other reasons like licence, insurance and safety certification.

Edited by ditchcrawler