Boater dumps toilet cassette on narrowboat

Steve Manc

Featured Posts

Agree this chap has issues but if he is a moorer at Stone, as the OP mentioned might be the case,  I really think this should be reported. CRT should be made aware so they can monitor the situation and take any necessary action. If nothing else, throwing human excrement at someone is going to cause potential health issues. 

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, MrsM said:

If nothing else, throwing human excrement at someone is going to cause potential health issues. 

You mean he may 'pull' a shoulder muscle or 'put his back out' - perish the thought, we cannot allow that, maybe C&RT should allocate him a 'thrower' much as a cricketer has a 'runner'

18 minutes ago, MrsM said:

Agree this chap has issues but if he is a moorer at Stone, as the OP mentioned might be the case,  I really think this should be reported. CRT should be made aware so they can monitor the situation and take any necessary action. If nothing else, throwing human excrement at someone is going to cause potential health issues. 

As in George Wards case do nothing for 12 years 

One sided random attacks do sadly happen.

Some years ago my cousin's Mum and Father in law were both randomly stabbed, along with several others, in  a Crewe Post Office.

No ryhme or reason ... the assailant had mental health issues and was arrested.

Being simply in the wrong place at the wrong time can be all it takes if you're unlucky.

Rog

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MrsM said:

CRT are the navigation authority. It's nothing to do with them. 

I'd say it is a police matter if anything, although I can't imagine it being treated as anything more than trivial in the big scheme of things. 

• Greenie 1

One hopes the person doing this has a mental health team keeping an eye on him. Its bad for the people affected but he sounds ill. 

My older sister is bipolar and I had the call yesterday (nearest relative) to confirm she has been sectioned. Again. 

She doesn't do anything like what is described here. No harm to anyone but she gets into silly situations with random strangers. No alcohol or drugs ever involved. 

If the character in this story is not being monitored then that is a failing on the part of the NHS. 

Definitely a police matter initially. 

Nobody without serious problems would do something like that. 

I suppose he might be a drug user but still needs monitoring at least. 

• Greenie 1

19 hours ago, MrsM said:

That is horrific. Having just been through Stone in the last few weeks and had a pleasant stay there, I would certainly have been deeply upset if anything like that had happened to us. .  .  .  <<

Unpleasant, yes. Deeply upset, yes, understandably so. 

But horrific? No. Hundreds of people being drowned on an overloaded boat is horrific (unless you can think of another adjective that conveys emotion that is an order of magnitude greater).

41 minutes ago, magnetman said:

One hopes the person doing this has a mental health team keeping an eye on him. Its bad for the people affected but he sounds ill. 

>> If the character in this story is not being monitored then that is a failing on the part of the NHS.<<

Minor correction: a failing on the part of those who fund the NHS. Or rather, those who don't, sufficiently.

• Greenie 1

22 hours ago, Steve Manc said:

He needs to be stopped because he WILL do this again. 

How can you be so certain of that?

57 minutes ago, MtB said:

CRT are the navigation authority. It's nothing to do with them. 

If someone is chucking raw sewerage off a bridge into the canal then it definitely is something to do with CRT. I can't imagine it all went into the boat.

Edited by blackrose

30 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Minor correction: a failing on the part of those who fund the NHS. Or rather, those who don't, sufficiently.

You, me and everyone with our taxes then, that'll be. 

Why do you assume he is mentally ill?

Puts a slur on those that are.

You could just as illogically associate with cyclist.

‘ cyclists dump elsan on narrowboat’

( ever tried riding a bike carrying an elsan?   Doesnt  fit in the bottle cage.

There must have been some antecedent event, history between them or some reason for him to act, sounds like revenge. 

• Greenie 1

36 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Why do you assume he is mentally ill?

Puts a slur on those that are.

You could just as illogically associate with cyclist.

‘ cyclists dump elsan on narrowboat’

( ever tried riding a bike carrying an elsan?   Doesnt  fit in the bottle cage.

There must have been some antecedent event, history between them or some reason for him to act, sounds like revenge. 

It wasn't just the throwing of bottles of piss and the shit suitcase but also the description of the individual doing a 'monkey dance' which made me think this might be a mental health problem. 

Nobody does these things for fun. 

I know someone who smashed all the windows of a boat which went too fast past his boat. He ran to the next bridge with a hammer and struck the windows one by one as they went through. 

I'm not convinced he was all that stable but I think this was a drugs situation. 

edit for double post

Edited by magnetman

I need to know what his dancing like a monkey looked like. 
And is dancing like a monkey a sign of madness anyway?

Did he make monkey noises for effect

too?

Remember the Goodies? They did the Funky Gibbon. I wonder if it was anything like that. Mind the Goodies were a bit bonkers. 

15 minutes ago, Goliath said:

I need to know what his dancing like a monkey looked like. 
And is dancing like a monkey a sign of madness anyway?

Did he make monkey noises for effect

too?

Remember the Goodies? They did the Funky Gibbon. I wonder if it was anything like that. Mind the Goodies were a bit bonkers. 

So if I was to “do do do the Funky Gibbon” then smash a boats windows with a hammer, while curling one down on their roof, could I say I’ve mental issues and get off with it? 
  I’ve met these people on the canals, that shout and scream when you go past their sh@tty boats on tick over, when you give it to them back they run inside and lock the doors. 

6 minutes ago, MtB said:

Yep, them too. 

Nothing stopping people from buying instead of renting, and avoiding lining the scumbags' pockets. 

Well that shows how little you know about trying to get on the property ladder in the current climate.

Oh and Micheal that is not me 'provoking conflict' as you put it, its just me pointing the reality out to someone who clearly hasnt got a ruddy clue.

You honestly couldnt be more hypocritical if you tried..