New Charge to enter Liverpool

harleyj

Featured Posts

Just received an email from CRT changing the fee from free to 10 quid a night for Salthouse dock. I know inflation is high over there, but that is a big jump!

57 minutes ago, Lady C said:

Any thoughts from those who know more than me as to whether it is legal to increase the price of a service after it was booked?

It's completely legal for the CRT to cancel a booking and refund the £0 the boater originally paid for the service...

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lady C said:

Any thoughts from those who know more than me as to whether it is legal to increase the price of a service after it was booked?

It depends on what the Terms and Conditions state that you agree to when you make the booking, you know that button or tick box on the web page that most people agree to thevT&Cs without actually read them. Most savvy companies will have some clause in there about price rises.

Even at £10 Liverpool is still a bargain.  Last time we went we paid the £25 to stay for an extra week

One silver lining is that there might be fewer boats booking and then not turning up. We phoned CRT and asked to move to one of the many many empty spaces as our pontoon was not too good, they said the place was fully booked with no available space.

5 hours ago, Lady C said:

Normally a company will give you the option to cancel the service without penalty.

As a 'goodwill' gesture they may let you have the service for the cost you paid, in your case nothing. But you will have to speak to CRT to ask for this.

Last year we paid £32 a night in Bristol Floating Harbour so I think that puts the £10 in Liverpool more in perspective. Admittedly Bristol isn't CRT waters but I still think £70 for a week in Liverpool isn't unreasonable. It was great while it lasted, especially with the free electric, but assume that will change also.

A NABO council member has heard back from Parry about the retrospective Liverpool mooring charges. Because of all the complaints, CRT have now decided they will refund all charges made on bookings before March. Not sure what happens to those who cancelled because of the charges though.

• 1 year later...

It's gone up again this year to £15/night which I think is plenty. Keep in mind the electric is free which needs paying for. CRT surveyed the dock to put smart meters in but it was too expensive so a blanket charge covers it all. Its still reasonable to my mind as long as it doesn't go up anymore anytime soon!

48 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

At least if you go to Liverpool by boat your car wheels will remain safe.

Then where will the scouses get the materials to build their NBs

I did hear that due to the shortage of steel wheels Colecraft are launching a new range of 'Aluminimum Alloy' boats.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

18 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Then where will the scouses get the materials to build their NBs

I did hear that due to the shortage of steel wheels Colecraft are launching a new range of 'Aluminimum Alloy' boats.

Long Itchington seems quite a way for wheel shipments from Liverpool or did you mean Collingwood? 

• Greenie 1

On 29/03/2024 at 10:09, David Nixon said:

The old ones are best eh!

Remember the earthquake in Liverpool back in 2018? 

Apparently there was almost 50p-worth of damage.

• Haha 1

On 29/03/2024 at 10:09, David Nixon said:

The old ones are best eh!

I did go there by boat for a weekend once. The only reason we were safe is because the boat was painted a light grey colour and had a bloody big gun on the front and a missile launcher and several machine guns and SLR rifles onboard. It was an ok night scene but there are plenty better.

On 14/03/2023 at 09:05, Grassman said:

Last year we paid £32 a night in Bristol Floating Harbour so I think that puts the £10 in Liverpool more in perspective. Admittedly Bristol isn't CRT waters but I still think £70 for a week in Liverpool isn't unreasonable. It was great while it lasted, especially with the free electric, but assume that will change also.

I think the charge was introduced because of the electric so until they upgrade the electricity supply I think it’ll be free. The infrastructure for the electric isn’t really up to boats having washing machines etc so is prone to tripping so at some point they will presumably upgrade it. Salthouse Dock is still one of the best moorings in the country without question despite all the comedians comments on here!

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, David Nixon said:

I think the charge was introduced because of the electric so until they upgrade the electricity supply I think it’ll be free. The infrastructure for the electric isn’t really up to boats having washing machines etc so is prone to tripping so at some point they will presumably upgrade it. Salthouse Dock is still one of the best moorings in the country without question despite all the comedians comments on here!

Last time we were there plugged in the shoreline and promptly blew the trip on the pillar. Reset and tried again and took out the bloody big fuse in the cabinet onshore. Took out half the pontoon.

Just now, pearley said:

Last time we were there plugged in the shoreline and promptly blew the trip on the pillar. Reset and tried again and took out the bloody big fuse in the cabinet onshore. Took out half the pontoon.

You won’t be the first or the last. Happens every few days when it’s moderately busy. The other issue is that local CRT can’t reset it and CRT guys from somewhere near the Weaver have to come out! 

3 hours ago, David Nixon said:

You won’t be the first or the last. Happens every few days when it’s moderately busy. The other issue is that local CRT can’t reset it and CRT guys from somewhere near the Weaver have to come out! 

In our case it was a problem with the boat. The main board in our Multiplus had developed a fault.

6 hours ago, David Nixon said:

I can't see them picking up £25 a night from an electric meter.

On 03/04/2024 at 15:33, ditchcrawler said:

I can't see them picking up £25 a night from an electric meter.

No but then the charge this year is £15 a

night.

The cost of installing, maintaining and managing electricity meters will undoubtedly cost more than just charging folks a simple fee. Which remarkably sensibly seems to be what CRT are doing...