Jump to content

New Boaters Needed for a BBC Documentary.


Featured Posts

Welcome to CWDF, Jo. WE do have some new boaters on here, and I hope that some of them will step forward to help you.

 

Whoever typeset that poster obviously wasn't concentrating. Please note that:

- "on to" is (are?) two words.

- These waterways are in South-East and East ENGLAND.

- "about on living life" contains one word too many.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jo 

Publishing your telephone number on here is not a great idea. Put up a few more posts about what you want (my computer would not read your original post anyway) and you can ask folk to send you a personal message through this forum if they want to respond.  

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jo Taylor said:

Thanks for your message. I see you are in my patch anyway, so might be worth having a chat. My number is 07342031923.

 

Thanks.

Yes, though I thought BBC East was based in Cambridge, not Peterborough?

I don't think I'd be much help to you, as my wife and I have been boat owners for over 20 years but we don't live on board (that's our house in my avatar), so we don't fit the profile which you're seeking.

Edited by Athy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Athy said:

Yes, though I thought BBC East was based in Cambridge, not Peterborough?

I don't think I'd be much help to you, as my wife and I have been boat owners for over 20 years but we don't live on board (that's our house in my avatar), so we don't fit the profile which you're seeking.

 

Wow!

 

Are you having a party. Can I have an invite?

 

😃

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Athy said:

Yes, though I thought BBC East was based in Cambridge, not Peterborough?

 

 

BBC Cambridgeshire is in Peterborough on the corner of Priestgate and Cross Street,

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/07/2021 at 18:27, Victor Vectis said:

 

Wow!

 

Are you having a party. Can I have an invite?

 

😃

When Athy said that was his house I think he meant that's the bike stand outside his house. Room to park 5 bikes from what I could see.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

When Athy said that was his house I think he meant that's the bike stand outside his house. Room to park 5 bikes from what I could see.

Er, you've lost me there I'm afraid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A slight adjustment to the positioning (i.e. bend over) of the 5 elements in the photo and you have the perfect place to position the front wheel of your bike to hold it upright*.

 

Or are you not seeing the same avatar photo that I (and presumably Victor Vectis) am seeing?

 

 

Screenshot_20210715-101706.png.6e70ab6b41eca47591efab5befec868e.png

* based on an old Billy Connolly joke about a body buried in a basement if I remember correctly.

 

Edited by Lily Rose
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Er, you've lost me there I'm afraid.

Well, this is an odd one. Viewing the forum on Win 10 / Chrome laptop, I see a house and boat in your avatar. Viewing it on my Android phone, your avatar is of the five ladies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now that's odd. A member reported this yesterday and we didn't know what he was on about. It appeared that the same thing had happened to other members of staff (and perhaps to other members) too. But my screen has never shown it, it shows my house and boat as always. Can anyone explain how this discrepancy happens? We moddies are baffled by it. Calling all boffins!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On my laptop now, went to your page and refreshed it a few times, now it comes up with the ladies on the laptop aswell as  on the phone, shows on both your page and in the forum posts. It's as though your original avatar has been overwritten with this new file (indeed they share the same URL ending av-6877.jpg.

Caching would explain why some of us were seeing your true avatar and some the newer risque one. How they got overwritten though, your guess as good as mine.

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

7 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Caching would explain why some of us were seeing your true avatar and some the newer risque one.

 

Presumably those seing the cached pictures are those who have been viewing the porn channels ?

 

I can only see Athy's house & boat.

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

 

 

 

Presumably those seing the cached pictures are those who have been viewing the porn channels ?

 

I can only see Athy's house & boat.

Nope. The cached picture is Athy's original. If you refresh it enough times, it turns into the bums picture, which is now the file found at canalworld.net  /forums/uploads/av-6877.jpg  (haven't done URL properly as it will just include the picture in question!)

 

edited to add: the 6877 bit is Athy's member number, Alan's 11859, mine 24557 etc. Those addresses for the avatar remain constant no matter how many times you update a profile picture. However, due to the site software, storage architecture (AWS?) etc going on behind the scenes, I imagine that these URLs merely map to a genuine file location somewhere. Has that location had files overwritten, or is the mapping wrong, is the board software or AWS pulling random images from somewhere else? Don't have any knowledge of the admin side of this site or its structure but just guessing at a few things that could go wrong.

Edited by BilgePump
  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On my phone I see Athy's boat avatar on his posts. But if I right click on his avatar and select View Image I get the ladies.

But reload the thread and it is back to the boat. Doing the same with other posters and I get the same image in the avatar and with View Image.

Edited by David Mack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, David Mack said:

On my phone I see Athy's boat avatar on his posts. But if I right click on his avatar and select View Image I get the ladies.

But reload the thread and it is back to the boat. Doing the same with other posters and I get the same image in the avatar and with View Image.

So, to be clear, you're getting the Cheeky Ladies picture on other people's avatars apart from mine? I know that it happened to at least a couple of other staff members. Incidentally, I have tried clicking on a few people's avatars but I don't see a "View Image" option.

 

Thanks to the people who have taken the time to investigate and to suggest explanations - which go over my head, but I hope that the more I.T.-knowledgeable staffers will understand and will have an idea of how to cure the problem. If it is a problem....

Edited by Athy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Athy said:

So, to be clear, you're getting the Cheeky Ladies picture on other people's avatars apart from mine? I

Sorry if that wasn't clear. When I View Image on other poster's avatars I get the same picture as their avatar. Only yours (of the ones I tried) is substituted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Sorry if that wasn't clear. When I View Image on other poster's avatars I get the same picture as their avatar. Only yours (of the ones I tried) is substituted.

Ah, I see. That's not the same "same" as the other "same".:D

28 minutes ago, MrsM said:

If I go into Athy's profile and click on the photo it changes to the ladies. 

Yet if I do that (I have just tried) it doesn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.