Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(Incidentally, the reason the masking tape is there is because we were sealing the leaking windows a few months ago but had to keep pausing between rainy spells. We paused for so long that now the tape won't come off without leaving kacky bits everywhere. :lol: It'll take a long soaking and a lot of patience to persuade it off the window now!)

Hi There

We had a similar problem with MILES of masking tape.

Try nail varnish remover (Acitone) or meths

Alex

Tryyusing WD40 it works wonders for anything sticky, and is good for claening all oils from serfices , makes re-sealing much easier too

Here are a couple of shots I took of "Albert Ross" while waiting to go through Cowley Lock on the G.U. after a repaint last summer. Built by Mike Heywood in 1991 and fitted out by the previous/first owner , originally named "Sunny". Name was subsequently changed and is a play on words using the family surname.

dscf0641a.jpg

dscf0640.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hi - yes, been living aboard since June. And loving it!

Just slowly doing it up (funds permitting) so it's basically one job per month gets done. Last month it was the engine inspection/service, this month it'll be getting someone to adjust the alternator spacing to stop the fan belts touching. :lol:

It's starting to look nice inside too - still plenty of cosmetic work to be done, but we're getting there. It feels very warm and homely so we're very happy.

(Incidentally, the reason the masking tape is there is because we were sealing the leaking windows a few months ago but had to keep pausing between rainy spells. We paused for so long that now the tape won't come off without leaving kacky bits everywhere. :lol: It'll take a long soaking and a lot of patience to persuade it off the window now!)

Have you tried nail polish remover !!

I don't think that I'm totally dim coz I can pat my head and rub my tum at the same time. I've also been up and down websites that are straightforward regarding the uploading of pictures.

I may be inflexible, unable to adapt or just not seeing the instructions, but I just can't figure out how to upload pictures from my own files on my home computer to the pages of this website.

I know someone will (hopefully) illuminate, and I will be revealed as a right plonker, but PLEASE, will someone tell me how to do it! (Upload pictures of course)

Cheers. :lol:

I don't think that I'm totally dim coz I can pat my head and rub my tum at the same time. I've also been up and down websites that are straightforward regarding the uploading of pictures.

I may be inflexible, unable to adapt or just not seeing the instructions, but I just can't figure out how to upload pictures from my own files on my home computer to the pages of this website.

I know someone will (hopefully) illuminate, and I will be revealed as a right plonker, but PLEASE, will someone tell me how to do it! (Upload pictures of course)

Cheers. :lol:

Try this :lol:http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3201

This is my boat, ive only had her a couple of weeks and she will be my project over the next few months.

She may look rough but she has just made it from March in Cambridgeshire to Brewood in Staffordshire in under 8 days with out missing a beat!!

14thApril2009094.jpg

untitled.jpg

Well done that man.

When we picked up our boat we travelled from Norbury to Twyford Wharf just south of Banbury and this was in October. We didn't see much of the system during this trip as we were in weather proofs most of the time and against time also.

The first trip is always memorable.

Enjoy