Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

No, a Yarwoods 1926 FMC Josher motor in Poland! I'm flying out to Gdansk at 17.25 today to direct next stage of rebuild and will post further pictures from there. Stafford was the first josher to arrive in Poland I believe (to the same Narrowcraft factory) although not the first to go abroad as some went over to France during the first World War.

keep an eye on www.joshers.info/greypol.php!

Is that a polish built working boat????

Hello Everyone, Just a short note to say that my parents have now set of after retiring and having lived aboard for 4 years are now touring the network.

They have lived in the Marina at March in Cambs.

They will be updating a blog as they make their way throughout the network.

If you would like to follow them please take a look at the following link. http://www.doublefracture.blogspot.com/

Warmest regards

Steve M

looks really good. looks like good work too. out of interest why did you take it all the way to poland???

Ads

When all the Polish craftsmen came over here to work, the English craftsmen moved out to Poland as there were job vacancies :lol:

or

They own the company

Flew back in this afternoon, see the new pics and you'll appreciate the work! (Not sure what the Polish for gunwhale is though?!)

When all the Polish craftsmen came over here to work, the English craftsmen moved out to Poland as there were job vacancies :lol:

or

They own the company

Edited by kingofthecut

• 3 weeks later...

Here is Albert, my families 1984 47' Colecraft fitted out by Lenny Beauchamp (with a bit of butchering by yours truly - the writing desk just had to go!) and "roses and castles" by Ron Hough.

Albert's 25th birthday present was paintwork and sign writing is by Chris Weston of Oxon Boat Painting Co. who posts on this forum as Kitman (but is too reticent to promote his company!)

albert640480.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Another GRP. Hooray!!!

Lovely part of the system your on as well. We were up that way at Easter.

Indeed it is. We have a great time on the rivers...especially when they are in flood :lol: However, this year has so far been fantastic with a few trips to York (7-8hrs) and many trips to Linton.

Where did you go when you were in "our" kneck of the woods?

Indeed it is. We have a great time on the rivers...especially when they are in flood :lol: However, this year has so far been fantastic with a few trips to York (7-8hrs) and many trips to Linton.

Where did you go when you were in "our" kneck of the woods?

We went from Lincoln to Ripon. Spent a lovely evening in Ripon then set off back through York and down to Naburn before going back to Keadby through the canal system. Obviously a much shortened version of the tale but we really enjoyed the trip.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sir Edmund Hillary at Factory Locks, on the BCN.

Not the best picture I have, just the easiest to find.

Ex-SU, later Dartline. Steel Hull, GRP top/sliding roof, and SR3. Built 1974.

SEH1.jpg

Edited by dave69700

I hope to get a better picture when we are out cruising in a weeks time but having made some progress on some re-painting I thought I would post a pic. When I decide what to do with the fore-end flash I shall get busy filling in the some what blank cream.

lm001.jpg

By churchward, shot with COOLPIX S560 at 2009-08-27

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new here..this week.....read an awful lot of stuff....thought I'd better contribute so have added a few threads and thought a few pics would sort of fill peeps in. Mr. Speight might like to see some of these again. Boat has a bit of history....was originally a Brumagen boats hull built for a private customer and called "Buffoonery"...it was only young when it was set on fire in a dry dock and got totally torched....My Father-in-law Vic got the canal bug from somewhere and found out about this burnt out boat in a farm yard...off he went to buy it....we got a sort of sailaway fit out yourself jobby if you like. HUH. It was terrible. He made a frame to straighten the hull but before we could do that we had to cut the top off and scrap it. We ended up with a massive steel bath and an engine that been submerged for at least 5 years and was covered in molten rubber and plastic. The lads at Brinklow boats fitted a new semi trad top and a huge extra thick plate was welded on the bottom....Vic had a thing about Ballast....we wont need none of that rubbish in the bottom now he kept saying. I took teh motor to bits and was amazed..it was like new..well it was new...no water had got in..new bores and pistons...new crank...perfect...all gaskets and seals replaced..repainted and it was fine...i thought. Gearbox was the same...brand new...just some new seals from newage. We had the engine up and running in no time diesel peed everywhere..all the seals in the injector pup were shot aswell. Never mind it runs...we've got loads to do...Massive shot blast and epoxy..spray foam..full wire up..plumb..and fitout. There are loads of stories I could tell of the years spent rebuilding it...but anyway here it is. Its been cruising around the network for about 7 years on and off. Vic has fallen ill...I couldn't let it go when the mother-in-law wanted shot of it due to costs..so me and missus bought it for sentimental reasons....it owes me alot too..and of course it was her dads pride and joy.

right-side.JPG

bc-pics.JPG

bc-stove.JPG

din-kit2.JPG

front.JPG

top.JPG

engine.JPG

drive.JPG