Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

Would love to post a pic of Snail with skaters in the winter but can't see how to do it. :help:

Picture%2B1055.jpg

As you are already putting pictures on your website, you can just link to them. There's an 'Insert Image' button in the editor above, paste in the address of the image. You can get it by right clicking the image and copying the url (which is how I got your image above)

Richard

Just dug up this old pic of Alder on the Thames taken in 2003. Another won of those "reckless" Davis boat owners giving it some stick. Probably breaking the speed limit though!

gallery_4198_285_55167.jpg

so you did not get a speeding fine !!!

gardenr power lol

• 1 month later...

IMG_0108.jpg

So far I've got this and a pile of steel.

Plus, squirrelled away around the house:

Kabola E-3 boiler

Large prop - on the hearth.

Toilet (cassette)

and er.......... a squirrel

Please let us know when you get the other bits assembled :)

Mike

• 2 months later...

She looks fabulous in her "proper" environment.

Thanks, and thanks for editing to re-do the link. Am struggling here - hope my edit now means my link works, but actually I had hoped pasting the link would cause the image to show, I don't want to re-size the images but had wanted small images to show on the page. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon All.

I've been trying to post a couple of pics of our boat but Imageshack doesn't seem to want to play, so I'm trying another route. Lets see if it works:

http://www.tractiontalkforum.com/picture.php?albumid=242&pictureid=4273

Moored above Willey Moor Lock, guess where I was? (Clue: The Eastgate Ale was very nice) :cheers:

http://www.tractiontalkforum.com/picture.php?albumid=242&pictureid=4274

Waiting to go down onto the Montgomery. We didn't get but that's another story and before anyone asks, yes we were booked.

I'm Stuart, but I've got used to answering to anything as long as it's civil, I tend to draw the line at "Oi you"! The distaff side is called Libby. She was having a shower while I was in the pub but you can't tell that from the pic.

Red Wharf is towards the top end of the Llangollen at the moment but we need to be in Chester by the middle of next month. We're supposed to be heading for Newbury (!) We might get there by Christmas :lol:

Say 'HELLO' if you see us out and about.

SAM

Ryde

IOW

OK, so that didn't work exactly as I wanted it to but it seems that anyone who is minded to can get to the pics via the link.

Any help with how to post pics directly would be greatly appreciated. The pics have a php file extension on the Traction Talk forum, where I put them. When I previewed I got the message that that file extention isn't allowed on this message board.

Enough of this, back to work! Any other teachers out there (trying to) write reports?

SAM

Lets see if this works:

2vwikac.jpg

Obviously not :banghead:

You put an extra at the front and the back of the link.

Fixed it for you.

I'm guessing you used the inset image function which you don't generally need to do from the likes of Image shack as the image tags are already done for you.

Nice looking boat and a great name BTW.

Edited by MJG

You put an extra at the front and the back of the link.

Fixed it for you.

Wow! Thank you for that, IOU a pint :cheers:

I'm guessing you used the inset image function which you don't generally need to do from the likes of Image shack as the image tags are already done for you.

Yes, I think I did.

The pic is of 'Red Wharf' moored just above Willey Moor Lock on the Llangollen.

Hi Stewart and welcome to the forum.

If you continue to have problems with imageshack, try 'tinypics.com'. Even I can manage to upload with that program!

Mike

Thanks for your help, I reckon IOU a pint as well!

I've been lurking and posting for a while but we've only had the boat for three weeks or so.

What did I do wrong?

You haven't got the image tags around the picture. You have:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/p5291844resized1028.jpg

where you need

[img=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/p5291844resized1028.jpg]

The tags are put on by using the 'Insert image' button on the toolbar, or come from something like Photobucket

Richard

Edited by RLWP

What did I do wrong?

The link worked if you clicked on it.

But to make it appear in the forum itself

the easiest way in this case if the site hosting it does not allow for adding the image tags automatically is to right click on the image.

Click on copy image location.

Come back to the forum and open a new message.

Click where in the message where you want the image to appear.

Click on the Insert image icon at the top of the edit box (2 to the right of the yellow smiley).

Right click in the the box that appears and click on paste.. This puts the web location of the picture in the box.

Make sure you only have one HTTP at the front though.

Click on insert image

Robert is your uncle....

The link worked if you clicked on it.

But to make it appear in the forum itself

the easiest way in this case if the site hosting it does not allow for adding the image tags automatically is to right click on the image.

Click on copy image location.

Come back to the forum and open a new message.

Click where in the message where you want the image to appear.

Click on the Insert image icon at the top of the edit box (2 to the right of the yellow smiley).

Right click in the the box that appears and click on paste.. This puts the web location of the picture in the box.

Make sure you only have one HTTP at the front though.

Click on insert image

Robert is your uncle....

Pretty straightforward then! :wacko::blink:

You've done 90% of the work. You've got it loaded to imageshack and know how to get the link to the image. It's only the 'Insert image' bit you missed

Have another go, bet you succeed

Richard

It's one thing that stumps a lot of folk on here - and I find it's really hard to explain over the forum.

If you were sat here next to me taking you through it you would get it in seconds.

There are some tutorials on here which TBH are out of date now and could do with updating.

I've toyed with the idea of doing a video for You Tube but have never got around to it.