Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The icing on the cake after our completed purchase yesterday-

Last night I got a PM from CWDF member J_R who put us in contact with Jon Langley who led the design and construction of NB The Dog House and as a result I managed to get hold of some pictures of her under construction in 2006 and the pdf of the article when she was featured in Waterways World.

The Pics aren't brilliant but we are well chuffed to have them all the same -

crickboatlinedandbh4.jpg

CRICKBOATBATTENING-1.jpg

crickboatenginegoingin-1.jpg

crickboatlinedandbh4-1.jpg

CRICKBOATTHINSULATE.jpg

showboatinteriorbathroom.jpg

showboatinteriorcorridor.jpg

showboatinteriorgalley1.jpg

showboatinteriorsaloon1.jpg

showboatinteriortechcupboard.jpg

crickscroles2.jpg

CRICKCRANE4.jpg

Waterways world article page 1

Waterways world article page 2

Waterwyas world article page 3

After three weeks of fairly hard slog, I can't resist the temptation to show progress with Chalice.

She has looked down at heels for a year or two now, but is suddenly a lot shinier !

Still not finished, (only first coat of paint on coach lines, for example, with only one side tackled), but choose the right side, and stand well back, and you can start to believe it's getting close.

First trip out in a particularly heavy downpour.....

IMG_0881.jpg

Rather more detail of part, before the heavens opened......

IMG_0877.jpg

Painted in Rapid Paint "Narrowboat Paint", rollered and laid off with a brush.

(Yes we know it shows up that the hull is long overdue a blacking!)

Could be a daft question and apologies for being nosey, but what's the two peices of wood for, either side of the doors? :lol:

The doors lack anything to stop them swinging open.

The blocks of wood were a "very temporary" solution to wedge them in the ppen position.

Five years on, we are still living with that bodge. :lol:

Tell you what - why don't we psint the blocks of wood in a matching colour? :lol:

The doors lack anything to stop them swinging open.

The blocks of wood were a "very temporary" solution to wedge them in the ppen position.

Five years on, we are still living with that bodge. :lol:

Tell you what - why don't we psint the blocks of wood in a matching colour? :lol:

Is this boat going to acquire a name??? in this process..as in painted on its side...

PS Nice paint BTW - way better than I could achieve...

Is this boat going to acquire a name??? in this process..as in painted on its side...

Yes,

Hopefully it will this time!

I think we will seriously investigate getting a professional sign-writer on the case, as I think it exceeds our skills to do it well.

(It originally had a name quite well done, but in sticky vinyl letters - almost good enough to fool, but a painted job really does look best).

PS Nice paint BTW - way better than I could achieve...

Thanks,

Close up it's obviously done by keen amateurs, not professionals, but we are pretty pleased with it so far.

The lining is only part done, and only on one side, but I think we can get that good enough.

It also needs non-slip coatings in all the places we walk, (which is just about anywhere that qualifies as "near horizontal" :lol: ).

Only time will tell how long it keeps it's shine, but it's staggeringly shiny at the moment. I keep thinking we have taken someone else's boat !

This is our Verity at various stages of rehab. As we bought her, and work in progress and work done so far. Next job, engine out and recondition, engine bilge cleaned and painted. Next year, replace the wooden sides and repaint :cheers:

Hang on....wait till I get the hang of posting photo's !! :blush:?

Verityatrest.jpg

100_1962.jpg

[100_1965.jpgveritytreacle006.jpg000_0186.jpgCIMG0243.jpg100_2114.jpg

Edited by daves6guitars

Picture of Muddy Waters, taken in Braunston on 10/2/08

boat1024.jpg

Credit for this picture goes to my friend, Jonno. It's by far my favourite picture of my boat!

This has still got to be one of the best ever "at home" pics! Brilliant... warms up a cold day anytime! Thanks :) for posting it.

As we bought her in July 2006

Watersnail.jpg

Looking better after a repaint at the end of 2008

SWS1181.jpg

I know that it's now Sept 2010 but I still find looking at your boat gives me great inspiration to carry on looking after her and then one day, when she's grown up, she too will look as smart as yours! Fabulous job. Enjoy your hard labours. All best wishes from Wiltshire. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Black Rose in the drydock at Winkwell last June.

A couple of coats of International Primocon

P1000400.jpg

Two coats of Rylards Rytex & a final coat of Rylards Premium

P1000401.jpg

She's looking very smart with her fresh paint on and with her (often missing on other boats) anchor-winch.

Peter.