Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

• 5 weeks later...
''Black Rose'' meets ''Blue Pearl''

Mike took some shots of our boats yesterday, Sharps lane on the southern GU

Les

Great pictures Mike / Les......

Just as well that's a wide bit of the GU though! Please don't try this on Tring summit!

(Unless they are having another "Save Our Waterways" blockade, that is...)

Edited by alan_fincher

Great pictures Mike / Les......

Just as well that's a wide bit of the GU though! Please don't try this on Tring summit!

(Unless they are having another "Save Our Waterways" blockade, that is...)

Yes, my widebeam certainly seemed wider up on the summit.

I left Bulbourne at 5am to avoid any oncoming traffic through the cutting.

Bulbourne5am.jpg

Tring cutting

TringCutting1.jpg

Swingin' Berko

Berko.jpg

Edited by blackrose

I have, for sometime, been following people who have been trying to find ways to get their motorbikes/scooters onto their front deck. Here is a picture of my bike on the front of Bones:

Bikefrontdeck.jpg

It involved brut force and ignorance (http://mortimerbones.blogspot.com/2008/06/motorbikes-on-boats.html), so the technique will need to be perfected so I don't rely on a) another person and :lol: an extra pair of hands from random people on the tow path who have mercy.

Edited by Bones

June08BoatingHoliday162.jpg

Us emerging through the bridge at Hawkesbury Junction.

It was good to see several other ex-Black Prince boats while out on our June jaunt. A couple were the older ones like ours. As one jolly BP owner called out to us as we passed: "It doesn't matter how much stuff you shove on the roof, it still looks like a Black Prince!"

Edited by BlueStringPudding

How long have those houses been there??

Dunno,

But they were firmly established in August 2006....

Chalice_at_Sutton_Stop.jpg

Edited to say I've sort of got back on topic as well with "photo of our boat"".

The only problem since then is that a repaint that never got finished, leaving her without coach-lines or naming, and unfortunately currently looking a bit down at heel.

I have sorted out the collapsed stern fenders, though. :lol:

Edited by alan_fincher

• 2 weeks later...
I have, for sometime, been following people who have been trying to find ways to get their motorbikes/scooters onto their front deck. Here is a picture of my bike on the front of Bones:

You should get rid of the bike and get a couple of car's.... :lol::lol:

20080701_Venus_50M_with%20cars.jpg

Edit to add... This is 50M aka "Venus"

Edited by Shinner

Llangollen trip this year

LlangollenJul2008012.jpg

HI.saw you some time last week at new marton wife said engine to noisy.is it still ??

sorry pic didnt show

HI Bones.cant do pixs but you may find this interesting go to y tube .type in clivemain look at the vids on the left .

go down the list .its a short list .you willsee launching bob boat lasts aproxs 5 mins BOB

When we first went to look at this boat my wife had not seen any of the pictures on the broker's website. As we stood on the side of the marina waiting for some one to show us to the boat, she said "I hope it's not that orange one....." :lol:

2726084364_d43ae256d8_b.jpg

I am planning a full repaint in the next couple of years. Something a little more subtle I think. :lol:

If anyone has any recommendations for quality painters "oop north", please PM me. Tks! //Mike

• 2 weeks later...

We saw fairies where boots a couple of weeks ago in fazeley!Hello :lol: i was very excited by the fairyness when i came back from work late that night and was hopeing to pop by for a chinwag but you had flew away again by the time i ventured into the world!

take care much love x

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. Here are two pictures of my baby boat...

Nightlocking.jpg

NbAmanda.jpg

She was built in 1994 - the shell is by Marque of Staffordshire. I think originally she was painted white. The dial shows 5,000+ engine hours and the Lockie at Foxton recognised her, so I'm hoping a few people here might be able to tell me something about her history. Does anyone remember my boat?

Thanks -

Tom.