Jump to content

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

 

This is the logo that is being used on C&RTs survey, is this going to be their new logo ? (we haven't had one for a couple of years)

 

 

logo3

Is it....

- A pennant?

- A fish?

- A pen nib?

- An overhead view of a Hudson?

 

Whichever it is, it obviously has a Polo mint floating in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To this grumpy old bugger, every change of logo has been a step for the worse. The British Waterways wave logo, symbolising moving water in a busy waterway, was the best for me. The bridge and bullrush effort suggested a moribund canal to my eyes and what a giant swan was doing in a bridge hole, I’ve no idea. I find the current version meaningless...Tunnel? Reflections? Half submerged tyre as a fender? I don’t know....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

 

This is the logo that is being used on C&RTs survey, is this going to be their new logo ? (we haven't had one for a couple of years)

 

 

logo3

Bloody hell! Not again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a new logo, though, is it?  The big information signs at places like Foxton have the logo and the sweeping different blue colours -- and they've just used a bit of the shape rather than the logo on its own.  Such as on the vans as above, or this downloadable map:

CRT.PNG.86d4629f265da960bf0efaae0439d879.PNG 

Edited by adam1uk
formatting
  • Greenie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dave moore said:

and what a giant swan was doing in a bridge hole, I’ve no idea.

A giant swan would have made an excellent CaRT on the water employee. Checking boat licenses, mooring overstaying, anglers permits and slowing down speeding cyclists. Enforcement would come with a broken arm from a single wing blow. Much more effective.

If the swan is hissing, your license is missing!

Broken arm. What's the reason? You're fishing out of season!

  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, adam1uk said:

It's not a new logo, though, is it?  The big information signs at places like Foxton have the logo and the sweeping different blue colours -- and they've just used a bit of the shape rather than the logo on its own.  Such as on the vans as above, or this downloadable map:

CRT.PNG.86d4629f265da960bf0efaae0439d879.PNG 

 

They must have ripped that map out of an Early Leaning Centre. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dave moore said:

To this grumpy old bugger, every change of logo has been a step for the worse. The British Waterways wave logo, symbolising moving water in a busy waterway, was the best for me. The bridge and bullrush effort suggested a moribund canal to my eyes and what a giant swan was doing in a bridge hole, I’ve no idea. I find the current version meaningless...Tunnel? Reflections? Half submerged tyre as a fender? I don’t know....

Its a push bike wheel half submerged. After all cycling is where its at!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.