Responsible or Irresponsible Tier 3 Cruising?

PD1964

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, nicknorman said:

From that lot I think we could pick out defamatory, harassing, bullying, and maybe even stretch to invasive of a person’s privacy and hateful.

The thread was dying off until the Foxes complained and once again until you started going on about hateful, bullying  and offensive historical  comparisons. I found this sentence of yours to be the most offensive on the whole thread “The same fundamental  mentality that blamed the Jews for everything and had them gassed”

Hate is a powerful word, no one on here hates them, I started the thread and as I’ve said I have nothing against them personally and bare them no harm, for they have done good things with charities and mental health issues. My issue was moving in Tier4 and moving in lockdown. It has obviously made them realise that not all approve of their actions. As now they are putting out all the bumf about Essential Traval and permissions to move on their Vlogs and posts and also saying on Twitter they have not moved since the 17th of December.
  They must realise if the Foxes are going to make their lives so public they can’t “Have their cake and eat it, too” and having criticism and accepting other people’s opinions of them is part of it. They’ve got the means to remove all the negative comments on their Social Media Platforms, however on here they can’t and must realise they can’t influence/bully the Admin Staff into removing and closing down those Threads/Posts they don’t like.

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 2

45 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

She has openly said she doesn't like boats (only bought a boat to be able to live in the 'country' away from people)

Doesn't like boaters'

Doesn't like people, and now

Doesn't like the forum.

Maybe its time she moved onto some other source of amusement

I seem to recall that she didn't like where her flat was. 

Aside from that, I like being on the boat because I like being in the country away from people, I don't go to boat meets because I dislike people in crowds and homogeneous groups bore me (I don't go to music festivals for the same reason, unless they're paying me!), I certainly don't like people as a generic thing much. I do like the forum, though.

I wound up living on the tub when a marriage nosedived, like several others I know. The boat was a godsend subseqently because I could get away from musicians for a bit. There are a thousand reasons to have a boat and for many it's not really a choice. I'm not sure any of the above is valid, and anyway, it's a personal attack, based on hearsay, and irrelevant.

• Happy 1

3 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

And if it doesn't entertain you, why the interest?

It doesn't entertain me one iota all vlogs are crap, it just appeared in my twitter timeline as someone I follow liked it.

47 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Not me either.   Haven't seen one daughter since Christmas 2019 and the grandkids and the other daughter since July.

I haven’t seen any of my children or grandchildren for a very long time.

This is probably because I don’t have any. So I claim the prize for the most hard done by lockdowner.

1 minute ago, nicknorman said:

This is probably because I don’t have any. So I claim the prize for the most hard done by lockdowner.

I've worked all through it, whilst the actual teams who do the work spent the summer drinking beer and being paid.

I claim the most hard done by

7 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I've worked all through it, whilst the actual teams who do the work spent the summer drinking beer and being paid.

I claim the most hard done by

What about us trombonists? Nobody's let us blow raspberries at them for nearly a year. The suffering is intense.

• Greenie 2

I see I've been made a target now, only see that cos I was a guest. 

Get your facts right, Enfield. I said I didn't buy a boat to go boating as such but to live in the countryside and travel about. 

I am only glad that I've met very few that behave like the trolls on here, most have been helpful, and pleasant to talk to. 

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

I'm not hard done by , far from it. I live out in the country side overlooking open marshland, we have just walked 2 miles to the next village and bought some free range eggs from someone's gateway with an honesty box, also fresh sprouts and then walked home. The hard done by are the poor buggers living up in flats in the middle of town. I am dead lucky and just had a text inviting me for my jab.

• Greenie 4

5 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I am only glad that I've met very few that behave like the trolls on here, most have been helpful, and pleasant to talk to. 

I think most people on here would help you if they were on their boat next to you. It’s only the boat less Trolls on here that wouldn’t help because they know nothing about boats or living on the canal.

• Unimpressed 1

2 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Another actual flagrant breach of the rules by footballers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-55870959

A premier league footballer being stupid? Oh, come on now.....

30 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I see I've been made a target now,

No, people are mentioning you in the discussion. That does not constitute making you a target.

Who was it who said that the one thing worse than people talking about you is when they stop talking about you?

13 minutes ago, Athy said:

A premier league footballer being stupid? Oh, come on now.....

No, people are mentioning you in the discussion. That does not constitute making you a target.

Who was it who said that the one thing worse than people talking about you is when they stop talking about you?

Sounds like Oscar Wilde or Saki.

I think this whole thread would nicer if it was about hrass bands. 

• Greenie 2

35 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

I think most people on here would help you if they were on their boat next to you. It’s only the boat less Trolls on here that wouldn’t help because they know nothing about boats or living on the canal.

A somewhat over-generalisation.

16 minutes ago, Athy said:

You, just now! :D

As Arthur said it's a paraphrase of an Oscar Wilde quote.

“There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.” - Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

• Greenie 1

16 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

You, just now! :D

As Arthur said it's a paraphrase of an Oscar Wilde quote.

“There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.” - Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Thanks - Oscar's mordant wit did spring to mind.

Further paraphrased (by some Yank in showbiz I believe) as "When you're hot you're hot, and when you're not, you're not". Deep thinkers, those Tin Pan Alley types.

3 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Luxury!
I haven't seen my kids since 3 years before they were born, we live in a cardboard box on the bottom of the Rochdale Canal, and eat grass except for Sunday when we have blackthorn spikes.
So I claim the prize for the most hardest done by lockdowner.

We consider ourselves very lucky as we get to see our granddaughter as she is in a childcare bubble with us, we also get to chat briefly with one daughter and son in law when we hand over.

Everything else is on  zoom.

28 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

We consider ourselves very lucky as we get to see our granddaughter as she is in a childcare bubble with us, we also get to chat briefly with one daughter and son in law when we hand over.

Everything else is on  zoom.

Lockdown would have been much more difficult if Zoom wasn't available!

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

Lockdown would have been much more difficult if Zoom wasn't available!

And Microsoft Teams too. They use it for remote schooling at my granddaughters school so I have got quite used to it, well the basics at least. I wish we had been able to use it years ago at work, it would have saved loads of on the road time going to meetings and saved the NHS a packet in travel expenses, Im presuming they are making extensive use of it now, especial in the pandemic.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

3 hours ago, Athy said:

Thanks - Oscar's mordant wit did spring to mind.

Further paraphrased (by some Yank in showbiz I believe) as "When you're hot you're hot, and when you're not, you're not". Deep thinkers, those Tin Pan Alley types.

Similar to the words that form the title of the autobiography of one our great philosopher’s; Guy Martin ?

“When you dead, you dead!”