Lockdown ? What Lockdown?

Momac

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

According to the article, the Chinese are.....

Last year they wernt caused no end of problems.  China seems to be going the EV route and JLR only has the I Pace and a couple of hybrid range Rover 

4 hours ago, Parahandy said:

Judging by the size of the stern Martyn that Boat will be lucky to be 45ft

You cannot possibly tell the full length of a boat by looking at the stern. 

4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I doubt that the Nuns from 800 years ago will be worried.

Yes, that was my point!

12 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I know that 12 bar is 174 PSI

PSI ??!!

1.2 Megapascal, I'll give you that. 

Do you want it in mm Hg too?

5 hours ago, Parahandy said:

Experience has told me that there isnt much thats clear to you , even the meaning of Democracy .

It's shame experience has not taught you how to use the apostrophe.

Edited by Machpoint005

6 hours ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

The addition of 'for example' would have been concise, and made things clear for everyone. It's clear that there has been confusion over this in the population. The fact that some on here thought canoeing/ kayaking was prohibited by law is a fine example of this. 

I thought that canoeing was an issue because it was using the canal for a non essential journey not that it was a disallowed form of exercise. 

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

I thought that canoeing was an issue because it was using the canal for a non essential journey not that it was a disallowed form of exercise. 

If you happen to live on a boat and have a kayak tender, as allowed by CRT, I'd suggest that taking your exercise in said kayak is much safer for all concerned than taking a walk or cycle along towpaths, the width of which often eliminates the possibility of the social distancing that the government has ordered. You might argue that CRT say 'no paddle sports' which is presumably to prevent people lugging canoes and kayaks from their homes to their local canal. Anyhow, social distancing is the law, CRT guidelines are not. Statutory law trumps CRT guidelines which are bye laws, if they are any form of law at all.  

• Greenie 1

8 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

It's shame experience has not taught you how to use the apostrophe.

It's shame experience has not taught you how to use the indefinite article.

:D

43 minutes ago, Athy said:

It's shame experience has not taught you how to use the indefinite article.

:D

But experience has shown he knows how to score an own goal!  ;)

Edited by mark99
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

If you happen to live on a boat and have a kayak tender, as allowed by CRT, I'd suggest that taking your exercise in said kayak is much safer for all concerned than taking a walk or cycle along towpaths, the width of which often eliminates the possibility of the social distancing that the government has ordered. You might argue that CRT say 'no paddle sports' which is presumably to prevent people lugging canoes and kayaks from their homes to their local canal. Anyhow, social distancing is the law, CRT guidelines are not. Statutory law trumps CRT guidelines which are bye laws, if they are any form of law at all.  

How selfish!

You know full well the reasons against. We discussed it a week ago. How many more deaths this week are you and surfers encouraging. Anyone with a full deck of cards understands the issue. Obviously you are trolling again.

• Unimpressed 1

9 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

How selfish!

You know full well the reasons against. We discussed it a week ago. How many more deaths this week are you and surfers encouraging. Anyone with a full deck of cards understands the issue. Obviously you are trolling again.

The selfish ones are the ones huffing and puffing along towpaths less than 2 metres wide. I'm at least 8 metres from anyone at all times. Remember, the purpose of these new laws is to encourage the separation of people as much as is possible; rather than creating a new force, the 'enjoyment police'.   

• Greenie 3

17 hours ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

The addition of 'for example' would have been concise, and made things clear for everyone. It's clear that there has been confusion over this in the population. The fact that some on here thought canoeing/ kayaking was prohibited by law is a fine example of this. 

I agree, "for example" would have made the sentence a lot clearer. I also believe that they should have used a colon.

• Greenie 1

11 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

We are British you know, non of this Newtons per square metre ………………...

My portable oxygen system gauge is in PSI & Bar (250 bar)

Yes, and we adopted SI units in the 1960s. 

1 hour ago, WotEver said:

Metres weren't aren't though.

We adopted SI units in the 1960s.

17 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Publicly shaming people on social media without being aware of all the facts is a pretty despicable activity.

But that's what the "popular" press do on a daily basis innit?  As one poster says, name of boat withheld from view.