Lockdown ? What Lockdown?

Momac

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Fazakerly. The fittest survived. Survival of the fittest.

There was an argument on these lines in some of the journals about 12 years ago but I though it was still an issue in dispute, perhaps I'm out of touch.

Fazakerly was the first place I lived on coming to the UK in 1959!

On 27/04/2020 at 14:21, Athy said:

This reminds me of the advice (allegedly) given by Mums to their children in days gone by, to change their underwear every day in case they got run over by a 'bus.

No ‘alleged’ in my household. It was said to me regularly. I always wondered if busses had a 6th sense for kids with dirty underpants and intentionally swerved in order to hit them...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sir Nibble said:

Fine. The reason I wondered what your point was, was that what you said had already been said and was not in dispute by anyone.

Already said, and not in dispute aside... it was a point which bore repeating and, for as long as we dont have a vaccine, will probably be repeated again... even if not by me :)

1 hour ago, Dr Bob said:

Up until mid April, when they quoted the hospital deaths they were adding info like '95% had other medical problems' ...and everyday it was around the 95%. They seemed to have stopped more recently but if the vast majority are suffering heart/circulation etc problems then it may not be that random. Maybe in the future they will identify who it is hitting hardest and why. We just dont know now. I doubt if it is that random.

By some coincidence, the latest Med Cram video talks about blood flow and clotting type stuff:

• Horror 1

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I normally try to spell correctly the place where I have lived.

RoF(F)

Fazakerley No.4Mk.1 `43

Royal ordnance Factory Fazakerley

RoF(F)

Fazakerley No.4Mk.1 `43

RoF(F)

Fazakerley No.4Mk.1 `43

Alas I was only 5 and hadn't got my spelling up to ten letter words, luckily we moved to Ormskirk within six months, which reduced the challenge.

Naturally, if the RoF Fazakerley is offended in any way, they have my apologies. As does spell check, who doesn't like Fazakerley.

• Happy 1

1 hour ago, Richard10002 said:

Already said, and not in dispute aside... it was a point which bore repeating and, for as long as we dont have a vaccine, will probably be repeated again... even if not by me :)

By some coincidence, the latest Med Cram video talks about blood flow and clotting type stuff:

Watched it with ever greater horror!!

1 hour ago, peterboat said:

Watched it with ever greater horror!!

I watched and hoped that doctors here are doing the dim test, (whatever it is called), and have Heparin ready if the number is increasing. If it's looking like there is an issue with blood flow and strokes, etc., it doesnt seem to be rocket science if you have some doctor level medical knowledge, and are looking for something.

1 minute ago, Richard10002 said:

I watched and hoped that doctors here are doing the dim test, (whatever it is called), and have Heparin ready if the number is increasing. If it's looking like there is an issue with blood flow and strokes, etc., it doesnt seem to be rocket science if you have some doctor level medical knowledge, and are looking for something.

I have a dodgy ticker and high blood pressure because of it! So I really am hoping our doctors are all over it

1 hour ago, Richard10002 said:

I watched and hoped that doctors here are doing the dim test, (whatever it is called), and have Heparin ready if the number is increasing.

They are.

They are however not watching you tube to understand the risk of clotting in covid-19 patients.

1 hour ago, The Happy Nomad said:

They are.

Glad to hear it - presumably you are in the medical profession?

1 hour ago, The Happy Nomad said:

They are however not watching you tube to understand the risk of clotting in covid-19 patients.

Did I suggest they would be?

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

Glad to hear it - presumably you are in the medical profession?

Did I suggest they would be?

Lol.

One day clever clogs, one day.

4 hours ago, peterboat said:

I have a dodgy ticker and high blood pressure because of it! So I really am hoping our doctors are all over it

If you are ever admitted to an ICU or HDU  with covid-19 with medics that know what they are doing, rest assured they are well aware of the increased risk of blood clotting.

And they provide appropriate treatment.

Oh and as said, they didn't find out on you tube, they have a professional network not reliant on the likes of social media we have access to. Thankfully.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

13 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

If you are ever admitted to an ICU or HDU  with covid-19 with medics that know what they are doing, rest assured they are well aware of the increased risk of blood clotting.

Do you mean blood clotting in general, (which is obvious), or blood clotting as a direct consequence of Covid19?

There can be no doubt that the medics know what they are doing but, given that this virus is new, the cutting edges of discoveries may take time to be distributed and, perhaps more importantly, acknowledged and accepted into practice.

Obviously, as a lay person, I have little idea of how information and findings are disseminated through the profession all over the world, nor how fast. It would not surprise me if medics at various levels were watching this series of videos, or one of the other informed series of videos, on a regular basis. 

9 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

Do you mean blood clotting in general, (which is obvious), or blood clotting as a direct consequence of Covid19?

There can be no doubt that the medics know what they are doing but, given that this virus is new, the cutting edges of discoveries may take time to be distributed and, perhaps more importantly, acknowledged and accepted into practice.

Obviously, as a lay person, I have little idea of how information and findings are disseminated through the profession all over the world, nor how fast. It would not surprise me if medics at various levels were watching this series of videos, or one of the other informed series of videos, on a regular basis. 

Linked to Covid-19.

The medics in this country are in touch with medics all over the world sharing information with each other.