Mass break into club boats

BWM

Featured Posts

18 minutes ago, tehmarks said:

I think the police have in the midst of crisis forgotten some of the fundamental tenets of policing in the UK - those of policing by consent. I don't think anyone could successfully argue that checking people's shopping trolleys in Tesco and publicly shaming people on social media with drone footage is done with the implicit consent of society. The worry, I feel, is that this shift lingers long after coronavirus becomes a footnote in history.

It's a difficult line to draw, but they lost me as soon as they drone-shamed walkers going about their legitimate exercise in the Peak District, not disobeying the letter of the law and before an official lockown was implemented.

That, and the absurd dye incident regarding the blue lagoon. 

1 minute ago, nicknorman said:

No that was fake news. Yes they did put dye in it, but they do that every year to discourage swimming because the water is extremely toxic.

Ahh, fair enough and thanks for the clarification. It isn't an area i'm familiar with so i had no reason to doubt the story. 

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

No that was fake news. Yes they did put dye in it, but they do that every year to discourage swimming because the water is extremely toxic.

Personally I wish they wouldn’t, it looks much nicer blue, and if people ignore signs informing them it is toxic, then tough luck.

20 minutes ago, Phil. said:

Personally I wish they wouldn’t, it looks much nicer blue, and if people ignore signs informing them it is toxic, then tough luck.

I’m inclined to agree. However, the main point is that it’s unrelated to CV

23 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

I’m inclined to agree. However, the main point is that it’s unrelated to CV

Unless you start a rumour that the water there has special healing powers. ? 

22 hours ago, bizzard said:

Years ago a friend and customer of mine, a fire brigade officer organized a coach tour of East London, an evening pub crawl really, sfter visiting many pubs we ended up at a pub in Hackney at 1am. The pub was heaving with off duty police and fire brigade officers, mainly Free masons I was told and that the pub never actually closed,  all night long after hours drinking.

When I used to play in a pub darts team, one of the pubs was next to a big police station/traffic depot. Most of their team were police, and their home matches never started until after 10:30 pm so they had 2 shift patterns to pick from. This is when 10:30 was closing time.

One law for ............

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

When I used to play in a pub darts team, one of the pubs was next to a big police station/traffic depot. Most of their team were police, and their home matches never started until after 10:30 pm so they had 2 shift patterns to pick from. This is when 10:30 was closing time.

One law for .........…

Hamburg's Police Headquarters is on the Reeperbahn, (Davidwache) wonder if its for similar reasons ?

3 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

One law for ............

We were at a gig in a club on the south coast. The majority of the audience were local police (some kind of do that they’d organised). After the gig everyone wanted to buy us drinks but we explained we had to drive back to our digs. “Oh don’t worry about that, we’ll see you right” they replied. “To Camberley?” We asked. “Oh, different county, sorry we can’t help then”. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

One law for ............

What's the problem with carrying on drinking inside a pub after it has closed? Never really understood the objection.

Is it the selling of the beer perhaps?

9 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

One law for ............

A friend of ours was a London Met officer, we often used to go to 'dos' with him at the Met's social club in Watford in the early 70's..... getting into cars after the event, with many others in the car park 'legless' is now a scary memory - did we really do that? ? Thank goodness we've 'evolved'.

My garage was next to a pub, a managed pub.  After hours drinking in there was very common. Really the drinkers should be friends of the landlord who should be paying for the drnks, but of course that doesn't often happen. The pub had a hot line to the brewery and tills, optics and bottled beer shelves were wired and linked to the brewery. If drinks were sold using the till and or bottled beers, optics were used after hours the phone would ring, ''the brewery warning the landlord''. The landlords got around this by buying in their own beers and spirits from certain wholesale off licences and sold them instead after hours and didn't use the till at all, but kept the money asside in their pocket. They were were usually found out and a dawn raid by the breweries own security and the landlords given 6 hours or so to go.