Boat going boating on its own on the Trent...

frangar

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I wonder where they are going - we couldn't find anywhere in Hull or Grimsby that could lift us out (we are 23 foot beam). Even the offshore windfarm service Catamarans are only 19 feet.

We had to move all the way down to Plymouth to find someone that could lift us.

It was Leicester Trader who said they were going to Hull.

Well well, turns out a cart load of supposition has been posted on here, especially as to who tied the boat up, who is responsible for the damage etc etc. You'll all have to go and look at the other channel.... Go on, be brave.????

• Greenie 2

17 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Well well, turns out a cart load of supposition has been posted on here, especially as to who tied the boat up, who is responsible for the damage etc etc. You'll all have to go and look at the other channel.... Go on, be brave.????

As I thought.....im now going for a bath as i feel dirty after that visit.....

2 minutes ago, frangar said:

As I thought.....im now going for a bath as i feel dirty after that visit.....

I do hope you wiped your feet and took your shoes off before you walked in on the plush carpet over there. As you thought eh? That scenario would have taken a bit of imagining. 

Edited by Jim Riley
  • Greenie 2

1 minute ago, Jim Riley said:

I do hope you wiped your feet and took your shoes off before you walked in on the plush carpet over there. 

I wiped my feet on the way out as I didnt want to spread the muck onto the towpath.....there still seems to be an odour though.....

1 minute ago, Alway Swilby said:

Apparently you are correct!

I guess that depends on what the truth is.....and we may never know.....

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, frangar said:

I wiped my feet on the way out as I didnt want to spread the muck onto the towpath.....there still seems to be an odour though.....

I guess that depends on what the truth is.....and we may never know.....

The insurers will though. And the supervisor of the boat movement. With any luck it would be Mr Garner?????

Edited by Jim Riley
  • Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

I do hope you wiped your feet and took your shoes off before you walked in on the plush carpet over there. As you thought eh? That scenario would have taken a bit of imagining. 

My correct thoughts were the reply from TD....not the exact scenario that was suggested 

18 minutes ago, TheMenagerieAfloat said:

Do you lot know how entirely confusing it is to stumble across 'forum wars' on a thread like this?

I don't even know if it is the dark (?) forum you're all referring to!

Are you the only one without a sockpuppet over there then? Everyone else has one:giggles:

12 minutes ago, TheMenagerieAfloat said:

Do you lot know how entirely confusing it is to stumble across 'forum wars' on a thread like this?

I don't even know if it is the dark (?) forum you're all referring to!

It's the land of milk, honey and FREEDOM. Not dark at all. Several members of CWDF, banned for forthright speech, or in some cases, no reason at all, started another forum with self moderation. Or no moderation depending on your viewpoint. Others then joined them, some, like myself visit both fora. Tony Dunkley, as a staunch defender against CRT managerial excesses, was probably the first out the door. 

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Are you the only one without a sockpuppet over there then? Everyone else has one:giggles:

No need for sock puppetry, as you well know @rusty69, though I can see it might be necessary if one is of evil intent, or just ashamed of being a cwdf member. 

• Greenie 1

28 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Johnv doesnt, and should never have left this forum, CWDF was in a bad place at that time with rogue moderators and a lack of consistency and sensibleness from the top down.

• Greenie 3

1 hour ago, Jim Riley said:

As seven eighths of CWDF members are also members over there I'm not sure why you think anybody needs to be brave. Not to mention the whole stramash happened 4 years ago so I doubt anybody cares who's on which forum anymore. Hardly the great giggle that 4 emojis would suggest. :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Johnv doesnt, and should never have left this forum, CWDF was in a bad place at that time with rogue moderators and a lack of consistency and sensibleness from the top down.

Are you aware that Johnv is one of the people who were banned from cwdf

He never caused any harm and I'm pretty sure he enjoyed contributing to this forum but was banned. 

Thats out of order. 

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Thats out of order. 

Did you deliberately misread what Matty said just so you could start a fight or do you genuinely not understand what he did say. I don't care one way or the other, I'm just curious. 

Misunderstood I'm afraid. 

"Johnv doesnt, and should never have left this forum, "

That implied to me that he had a choice ;)

My use of the words "out of order" were referring to the banning and not the poster I was replying to. 

5 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Did you deliberately misread what Matty said just so you could start a fight or do you genuinely not understand what he did say. I don't care one way or the other, I'm just curious. 

Did you know that some people were banned from using the forum? 

Can you understand how someone might feel about this ? To be later told "oh you can come back if you like" might be taken to be offensive. 

ETA I am afraid I have no idea what you are referring to when you suggest "starting a fight".

Edited by magnetman

1 minute ago, magnetman said:

Misunderstood I'm afraid. 

"Johnv doesnt, and should never have left this forum, "

That implied to me that he had a choice ;)

I don't think Matty was implying he had a choice, I think most are aware.

But Matty is a big boy and can answer for himself I think.