Boat going boating on its own on the Trent...

frangar

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Letting it go is a good suggestion as it happens. 

Sometimes...

Holding on to the rope as you are trying to moor a boat would be a good example of why you have to assess the circumstances before letting go.

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

One would hope that the claim will be against those who moved it and didn't put all of the mooring lines back on.

Selby Michael had been moored below the lock for well over a year. Would a responsible owner not check up on it in that time and do something if they felt it was insecure?

Edited by pearley
  • Greenie 1

On 29/01/2020 at 19:39, Alan de Enfield said:

I wonder where they are going - we couldn't find anywhere in Hull or Grimsby that could lift us out (we are 23 foot beam). Even the offshore windfarm service Catamarans are only 19 feet.

We had to move all the way down to Plymouth to find someone that could lift us.

John Dean juniors dry dock Alan, JohnV told me last week, I have serious doubts about it getting there safely 14 years ago I was told by a Lady that worked there that it was leaking!!

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

I never suggest they needed help I was commenting on the need to have a section for discussThunderboat.ing another forum.   Have you ever come across any forum any where that has had a section for discussing other forums, other of course than 

Jerra their is a reason for it, honestly I dont think we ever post owt in there but loads on here have joined just to find that out? I know simple things etc

11 minutes ago, pearley said:

Selby Michael had been moored below the lock for well over a year. Would a responsible owner not check up on it in that time and do something if they felt it was insecure?

Its been there for 6 years has it ever occurred to anybody that scumbags let boats go for fun? its happened to me in the past, and no doubt to others on this forum

• Greenie 2

5 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Jerra their is a reason for it, honestly I dont think we ever post owt in there but loads on here have joined just to find that out? I know simple things etc

Don't shoo make me post any Disney crap at you. :P

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Many thanks - is that in Victoria Dock ?

Its on Lime street from the road side,  its on the river hull, its well up past the old trawler and the old dock and on the right hand side before the veg oil depot [you can tell I have sailed there cant you]

2 minutes ago, frangar said:

It’s not here after your post.....

You really are an A**E

People were for no reason thrown off this forum everybody knows it, yes the problem is sorted but members on the other forum who were crapped on formed another forum which works by self moderation, it works well other members take idiots to task or just plain ignore them. Plenty exist on both forums and enjoy them both, but childish comments like your just convince me that they are right not to want to come back here, which in all honesty is this forums loss

5 minutes ago, Phil Ambrose said:

Rusty, you know you don't need a sock puppet.

Phil

Flappy mate hundreds of virtual greenies mate I wasted gave mine all to Jim Riley of both channels

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, peterboat said:

You really are an A**E

People were for no reason thrown off this forum everybody knows it, yes the problem is sorted but members on the other forum who were crapped on formed another forum which works by self moderation, it works well other members take idiots to task or just plain ignore them. Plenty exist on both forums and enjoy them both, but childish comments like your just convince me that they are right not to want to come back here, which in all honesty is this forums loss

Seriously - I have Disney and I'm not afraid to use it. ?

• Greenie 1
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, peterboat said:

You really are an A**E

It just amuses me that as others have said TB members love to snipe about posts & posters on here....if they were that confident in themselves then I guess they would just post on there....but obviously they get lonely 

5 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Oh yes it is.Listen to Tumshie, she has a disney arsenal pointed in your direction pal. How do you fancy being hit by Mickey, goofey and pluto?

And that lovely lady off who framed Roger Rabbit? mmmm :)

7 minutes ago, frangar said:

It just amuses me that as others have said TB members love to snipe about posts & posters on here....if they were that confident in themselves then I guess they would just post on there....but obviously they get lonely 

Yawn

Edited by peterboat
  • Greenie 1