Boat going boating on its own on the Trent...

frangar

Featured Posts

In the days of the tramcar bicycle repair shops did a roaring trade. The slotted tram lines were the cyclists big enemy, to be avoided at all costs, but once the bikes wheels plopped into the slot that was the end, the rider would career along for a while forced along a route where he didn't want to go until a bend loomed up ahead where he would be thrown headlong with great force from his mount, bruised and grazed often needing hospital treatment, which made them very late for work, sometimes the bikes were written off with bent frames but usually got away with totally bent almost doubled up wheels and snapped chain and bent pedals.

4 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Agreed with the general point but dragging it up on a fairly regular basis hardly helps does it?

I agree but if an apology had been sent out to the banned members when it was realised that the mods had gone mad! Things could have been solved 

2 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Maybe, but it's been 3? Years, it's a forum run by amateurs, it is what it is

Definitely Amateur Dictator, "My word is not to be challenged, especially by competent adults." 

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, peterboat said:

You have no idea what it was like JonV was banned for a true comment on Argentina! It was a nightmare time and the forum hasn't really recovered from it

IF this was 4 years ago, as stated, I was on the forum.   I don't remember much of a problem there were various IIRC problems and some got banned.   If I was unfortunate enough to be banned from a forum the last thing I would want would be to join another forum which continually harped on about the forum I had been forced out of.

I agree with Tree Monkey it needs to be let go which is difficult when every time I visit the Thunderboat I find posts about CWDF (not just that but comments mingled in with other threads.   Not that I visit often, but I am always left thinking "Why is it still going on?"

• Greenie 1

47 minutes ago, peterboat said:

You have no idea what it was like JonV was banned for a true comment on Argentina! It was a nightmare time and the forum hasn't really recovered from it

Peter - both forums are doing just fine. Nobody is saying it wasn't bad at the time or that every body has to forgive and be BFFs again but nothing is gained by constantly going on about it. There are wind up merchants who will use what happened as a tool to cause mischief for no other reason than they like mischief, and then there's every body else (regardless of which forum they post on)  just getting on with their own lives thinking that a stramash isn't worth the effort. There is no "them and us" anymore, we are not the jets and the sharks, we are all just a bunch of folk who have moved on and maybe post on one form or maybe post on two. 

It's winter and people are bored so nobody is going to convince me that any poking and goading is truly about what happened 4 years ago. 

26 minutes ago, magnetman said:

It's my fault. 

It really isn't. :)

Edited by Tumshie
There Their
  • Greenie 1

I think this might come down to some people misunderestimating the importance some other people attach to the ability to freely use a social media platform..

Ok yes it is just a forum. But is it? Maybe it's more than that. 

4 minutes ago, Jerra said:

agree with Tree Monkey it needs to be let go which is difficult when every time I visit the Thunderboat I find posts about CWDF (not just that but comments mingled in with other threads.   Not that I visit often, but I am always left thinking "Why is it still going on?"

You know the answer to that don't you - just don't go over there. If it's not for you then just don't go.

6 minutes ago, Jerra said:

"Why is it still going on?"

The answer is because they can and they want to - you constantly asking why is not going to get you a different or better answer and if you can't get your head around that then that's just tough really. 

• Greenie 4

1 hour ago, doratheexplorer said:

I presume because some there are still bitter about being banned here, or because they don't like criticism from mods or other members on here and enjoy mouthing off about it there.  It makes them feel better?  

Or makes them feel "important". 
Still I expect that response will get Mr Riley to post some comment about "Rabies" as they childishly call me. 

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

Or makes them feel "important". 
Still I expect that response will get Mr Riley to post some comment about "Rabies" as they childishly call me. 

Nah, I wouldn't do that, you might "out" my sock puppet. ????

5 minutes ago, magnetman said:

I think this might come down to some people misunderestimating the importance some other people attach to the ability to freely use a social media platform..

Ok yes it is just a forum. But is it? Maybe it's more than that. 

I would like to think that one day in the not too distant future that would be less of an issue. But I strongly believe that will only come about when people from both forums stop goading each other, cos lets face it the goading isn't about what happened, it's about the people who just like to goad. 

• Greenie 3

8 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

No, that's life, get over it!

Where does that attitude stop though, when others question injustice? It's the anniversary of Auswitz, the culmination of your attitude. 

43 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

That's a long time to hold a grudge

Perhaps less of a grudge and more randomly pressing buttons until something exciting happens. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Just now, magnetman said:

In China they eat live mice with chopsticks apparently. 

Have you seen the chicken thing? Oh gawd the chicken thing is sooo gross. ?

image.png.b6f4c26361bc9b8a2fd0b25f01dffc7b.png

19 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Can we just talk about trams?

I can just about remember trollybuses running from Barking along Fanshaw Ave and Ilford Lane but, alas, London trams were before my time.

Did the Elephant ever forget, I wonder?

Quite a decent tram service in Dijon in France. Installed in the last ten years it's well done but some of the passengers are nutters. 

I suppose it's bound to happen on this sort of transport service. 

12 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Can we just talk about trams?

I can just about remember trollybuses running from Barking along Fanshaw Ave and Ilford Lane but, alas, London trams were before my time.

Did the Elephant ever forget, I wonder?

I rode on one of the last ones to run in Glasgow.

There is a lovely museum with buses, trams and trolleybuses in Lowestoft:
https://www.eatransportmuseum.co.uk/

Glasgow tram).JPG

Glasgow tram 2.JPG