Boat going boating on its own on the Trent...

frangar

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, frangar said:

I bet it’s not his fault it broke free...bound to be something to do with CRT....?

No doubt it’ll be down to them to get it back to it’s mooring though, I can’t imagine it moves under it’s own power anymore. 

Imagine meeting that drifting broadside across the river on a misty morning!

37 minutes ago, noddyboater said:

No doubt it’ll be down to them to get it back to it’s mooring though, I can’t imagine it moves under it’s own power anymore. 

Imagine meeting that drifting broadside across the river on a misty morning!

Salvage rights....sell it where it is & reclaim the costs involved....worth it just to see the reaction.....

20 minutes ago, MartynG said:

What alternative action would you have suggested?

Trying to throw a line over a sticky out bit, getting a boat out and trying to stick a line on, getting in a vehicle with lines and working out where it may be near soon....

I've done 1 and 3 before.

Edited by matty40s

8 hours ago, matty40s said:

Trying to throw a line over a sticky out bit, getting a boat out and trying to stick a line on, getting in a vehicle with lines and working out where it may be near soon....

I've done 1 and 3 before.

On a boat as large as Selby Michael?

9 hours ago, matty40s said:

Trying to throw a line over a sticky out bit..........

A plan certain to fail, if not end in disaster

The 100ft steel barge was trotting in quite nicely with the flow.  It's not on a canal its the River Trent.I think you misjudge the energy involved.

I think , in the circumstances , the persons physical reaction in the video clip was quite understandable 

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, MartynG said:

A plan certain to fail, if not end in disaster

The 100ft steel barge was trotting in quite nicely with the flow.  It's not on a canal its the River Trent.I think you misjudge the energy involved.

I think , in the circumstances , the persons physical reaction in the video clip was quite understandable 

I thought he was just taking a photo with his phone, two handed.

Who was the dayglow figure or was it an apparition?

44 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

Not worth the personal risk, let it go its own way.

Even if you got a line on a boat that size you would do nothing with it unless you had a proper big bollard to check it on.

I agree. In this case with a boat of this size it was far better to just let it find it's own place to stop, which seems to be the stance that CRT, the police and presumably the boats insurers have taken as well.

1 minute ago, Naughty Cal said:

I agree. In this case with a boat of this size it was far better to just let it find it's own place to stop, which seems to be the stance that CRT, the police and presumably the boats insurers have taken as well.

The C&RT boat checker suggests its not licensed so perhaps the owner  (and insurers, if any ) could not be identified by C&RT.

20 minutes ago, MartynG said:

The C&RT boat checker suggests its not licensed so perhaps the owner  (and insurers, if any ) could not be identified by C&RT.

They know full well who owns it. It won't be licensed because the owner claims it doesn't need one where it was moored up!

It certainly needs one for where it is moored now.

Edited by Naughty Cal