Cassette

LadyG

Featured Posts

I just can't tell you how bad it was at the Elsan ................. .

PS new cassette toilet needed, with wheels, and that was not the worst of it....................

Edited by LadyG

5 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I just can't tell you how bad it was at the Elsan ................. .

PS new cassette toilet needed, with wheels, and that was not the worst of it....................

Peg for your nose?

9 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Peg for your nose?

It was the guy before me ................         I was throwing up  just opening the door ................. , anyway, .....................

a experience never to be forgotten, as I say,

I now need a new porta potti but they don't have wheels and the bathroom is "bijou", I'll have to sort something out. pdq. 

I the "excellence" much better than the "cube" ?

Edited by LadyG

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

It was the guy before me ................         I was throwing up  just opening the door ................. , anyway, .....................

I now need a new porta potti but they don't have wheels and the bathroom is "bijou", I'll have to sort something out. pdq. 

A simple little folding trolley and secure it with a luggage shock cord with hooks on.

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes I agree, LG should get one of those and deliver the solids and spread them over your garden :giggles:

My composting bin isnt very full at the moment, so no problems, its surprising  how fast it rots down. I throw in all the veg, fruit waste along with Jaynes grass cuttings and it just disappears as if by magic, others on the moorings throw their veg waste as well, all helps make good compost

The bathroom is too small for any more gadgets, but the dumpster  is only twenty metres away, so very tempted to have a DIY dry loo, using kitty litter, empty daily.,

As it is,  I  need an opening porthole, and a solar powered extractor with a battery back up........

............. I 've got a giant size bag of kitty litter, , 

Not often I drink whisky neat, but am just about to top up my glass

In another revelation, it turns out ny near neighbour goes to work at 05.00,  This 05.00 a..m. I was painting the kitchen portlight lol!

Spotted!

Edited by LadyG

Some of the sani stations are pretty bad. Then again some of them are kept really well. 

Put some Vick under your nose and put a face mask on.... :) 

We go through quite a few bottles of cheap disinfectant (Tesco 1 litre £0.30p) - chuck the stuff around. Not sure how good the chemicals are in it, but psychologically it's good.

If you're really suffering, can you not get a few spare cassettes (sky high prices accepted :( ), emptying them when you go for diesel/gas/coal? Services at Marinas tend to be a lot better. Though I do know of one Marina where the Elsan abysmal, so we don't bother popping in there to buy anything from them.

Great idea to get one of those fold up 'sack barrows' - the cheap ones under £10 don't last very long.

We have one of these. They come in various sizes, ours is I think rated at 40 litres, or 40 kg, not sure which. From a company in Birmingham who advertise on eBay.

On the way to the sanny station, put full cassette in trolley, carry empty water container in free hand. On return journey, carry empty cassette in free hand, put full water container in trolley. We find it very useful, and it seems durable.

trolley.jpg

42 minutes ago, Athy said:

We have one of these. They come in various sizes, ours is I think rated at 40 litres, or 40 kg, not sure which. From a company in Birmingham who advertise on eBay.

On the way to the sanny station, put full cassette in trolley, carry empty water container in free hand. On return journey, carry empty cassette in free hand, put full water container in trolley. We find it very useful, and it seems durable.

trolley.jpg

That's a great idea.... Link 

8 hours ago, LadyG said:

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes indeed Peter, and you're not alone there - I am afraid too! :help:

LadyG has explained why quite succinctly.  :sick:

8 hours ago, LadyG said:

The bathroom is too small for any more gadgets, but the dumpster  is only twenty metres away, so very tempted to have a DIY dry loo, using kitty litter, empty daily.,

As it is,  I  need an opening porthole, and a solar powered extractor with a battery back up........

............. I 've got a giant size bag of kitty litter, , 

Not often I drink whisky neat, but am just about to top up my glass

In another revelation, it turns out ny near neighbour goes to work at 05.00,  This 05.00 a..m. I was painting the kitchen portlight lol!

Spotted!

When I bought this boat it had no toilet, so I took the cassette from my caravan with me, for the journey back, I called in at a sani station and it looked like a an explosion in a chocolate factory!! It was very grim and I decided that a composting toilet was the way forward........

Edited by peterboat

14 minutes ago, hider said:

And me. I can pump out into a nice clean lavatory anywhere, leave no mess or odour.  How does Vic help, does he clean up after the filth cassette users?

....and with ours, we always get someone else to pump it out.

One or two excursions a year to sort out blockages is the only time we ever come near the stuff.

1 hour ago, Nightwatch said:

A folding trolley is the way to go. Not very much money but versatile as well. Ours will actually carry a gas bottle. Not at the same time though.

or, up the dosage of weekabix in the morning.

Our folding poo/gas bottle trolley bought a 110Ah starter battery back on a bus from Halfords deep up Edgeware Road when the starter battery chose an ill oportune time to die when we were enjoying 7 days mooring in Paddington basin. 

1 hour ago, Dr Bob said:

....and with ours, we always get someone else to pump it out.

One or two excursions a year to sort out blockages is the only time we ever come near the stuff.

Ah now, there is a problem here you may not be aware of yet. 

Pumpout connoisseurs I've watched pumping out seem to like to rock the boat furiously from side to side whilst using a length of 10mm copper tube on the end of a main pressure hose pipe to lift and rinse out all the, um, solids that settle and stick on the floor of the tank.

I suspect like batteries, the capacity of your pump out tank is slowly reducing if you are not fully emptying it like this.

Or it is the other way around....? 

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

An occasional use of a small amount of Jeyes Fluid into the tank breaks down sludge and restores capacity with the minimum of difficulty. Smells lovely too. I wash out my pump out hose and gear with a one part in 500 solution after use and it stays fresh in stowage.

14 hours ago, LadyG said:

I the "excellence" much better than the "cube" ?

We have both. the ecxellence is higher and comfier :unsure: and it looks better but the leccy pump one is to be avoided as ours failed very quickly and they cost four million pounds to replace. Neither have wheels on the cassette however. Get a basic porta potti and some stout folding wheel thingies to take to elsan point on.