Bank Holiday tied up and secure!!

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, Matt&Jo said:

Supply and demand is key to selling or buying but i feel for LadyG as some regions prices hold still and other rise exponentialy causing a trap for those in stagnant or negative areas. As LadyG sais if she sells at a lower price she can not move onwards and upwards......as these prices rise monthly and hers sits still so the longer you wait the larger the defecit.... 

So waiting longer means even less chance of catching up. Therefore lower the price, sell and cut your losses.

3 hours ago, Ray T said:

Have you put Sydney in a harness? Much better than a collar for getting him out if needs be.

We didn't this time as he could have walked out if he had tried. It wasn't deep. He didn't realise that though. :D

Nearly 8 hours of boating from Great Haywood today, didn't get away until 11:30. I don't think we saw a massive amount of boats moving, hopefully will be the same tomorrow with the bank holiday over as we will be heading up the Wolverhampton 21.

13 hours ago, Neil2 said:

Good point - I honestly don't know why more house sellers don't adopt this tactic.  Why not advertise your house at a ridiculously low price to start a bidding process.

We sold a house a couple of years ago using this method, the estate agent took a lot of persuading and thought we were mad, but the house had a stream of people looking at it from day one and sold in five days.  The price we eventually got was actually above the agents own original valuation.  I've sold two boats this way as well.  

This might be known as the eBay process... except that there seem to be very few auctions on eBay these days :{

9 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Mum paid £200 for hers in 1953 and today would fetch £250,000 how do you like them apples and we have the purchase receipt from 1953. Absoloootely ridiculous and a massive  price crash needed so people can have a life again not a mortgage. Biggest mortgage I ever had on a very nice house was 2x my annual income and my wife didnt need to work she did what she WANTED to do and looked after our kids.

For this come to pass, the population would have to revert to what it was back in 1963, women would have to be refused mortgages on the basis of their sex and banks only allowed to lend out the savers' deposits they have taken. 

Fractional reserve banking would have to be uninvented. 

26 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

On the move today lubbly jubbly then half way down Buckby flight and B.O.A.T sprang into action ☹️

Go on then. What’s broken?

On 07/05/2018 at 10:52, Stilllearning said:

It’s not a holiday here today...

But it is tomorrow, and Thursday :)

So May 8th is presumably for VE Day, what's May 9th in honour of?

7 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I have an orrible suspicion  the gearbox has decided to shuffle off this mortal coil ?

or its forgotten what a full days work is.....

Giz a shout if you need sum help, Paul is only practicing tonneau cover gymnastics - got removal down to 37 seconds now.

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

Giz a shout if you need sum help, Paul is only practicing tonneau cover gymnastics - got removal down to 37 seconds now.

He could move the boat with a broom, its been done before I understand

2 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Cheers old sport. I have contacted RCR and waiting for call back ?

11 minutes ago, Athy said:

So May 8th is presumably for VE Day, what's May 9th in honour of?

Yes today is VE Day, quite a big deal here: the town band, who are rather good, playing the Marseillaise and the Chant des Partisans, names of the dead read out etc in front of the Collégiale church, built 1108.

Thursday is Ascension Day.

On an amusing linguistic note, as there is a day off today, those who took yesterday off as well are said to faire le pont/make a bridge. As Thursday is also a day off, those who also take the rest of the week off are said to make a viaduct/faire le viaduc :)

1 minute ago, Stilllearning said:

Yes today is VE Day, quite a big deal here: the town band, who are rather good, playing the Marseillaise and the Chant des Partisans, names of the dead read out etc in front of the Collégiale church, built 1108.

Thursday is Ascension Day.

On an amusing linguistic note, as there is a day off today, those who took yesterday off as well are said to faire le pont/make a bridge. As Thursday is also a day off, those who also take the rest of the week off are said to make a viaduct/faire le viaduc :)

You're a mind-reader. I was going to mention "faire le pont" but thought that as tomorrow is only Wednesday it would be too long a pont to make - more like un viaduc as you suggest.

When I spent my year teaching in a French lycée in Rodez I was deeply impressed by the number of official days off we had during the Trinity Term - how coincidental that the preponderance of public holidays seem to fall in the late spring and summer months when the weather is more benign. 

3 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Thought prm's never broke?  

Everything breaks. .....................I suppose it might not even be broken.................as Clint said R U feeling lucky ?

Edited by mrsmelly

1 hour ago, Athy said:

You're a mind-reader. I was going to mention "faire le pont" but thought that as tomorrow is only Wednesday it would be too long a pont to make - more like un viaduc as you suggest.

When I spent my year teaching in a French lycée in Rodez I was deeply impressed by the number of official days off we had during the Trinity Term - how coincidental that the preponderance of public holidays seem to fall in the late spring and summer months when the weather is more benign. 

And how interesting to have religious holidays as state holidays, despite the 1905 legal separation of church and state.