Bank Holiday tied up and secure!!

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

Hillmorton done at at 7 this morning now a mile OUT of Braunston and very securely tied up till Tuesday as the wevvers gonna be nice so barby, barby, barby and don't move ...................Keep safe people.

You don't move when its Windy, you don't move when its raining & now you don't move when the "wevvers gonna be nice"

"Tied Up & Secure" - you've not done much else this Summer !!!

(Summer having started on 1st march)

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 1

10 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You don't move when its Windy, you don't move when its raining & now you don't move when the "wevvers gonna be nice"

"Tied Up & Secure" - you've not done much else this Summer !!!

(Summer having started on 1st march)

NEVER move on Bank holidays!! Too many hobbiests about ?

Forecast is for a warm bank holiday. So we are leaving Naughty-Cal safely tucked up in her berth whilst we head north of the border to Scotland to visit Liams mum.

Not looking forward to the drive up tonight as I expect traffic will be heavy!

We are a couple of mile outside Llangollen. I don’t get why you would wanna be tied up whilst the weather is so good. We will drink in the pub here, called Sin Trevor. Llangollen over weekend with grown up kids visiting. It’s quiet, not many boats moving. Passed maybe half a dozen movingin a four hour cruise today. How beautiful it is here, hard to believe our boats in the background.

32A0035F-8CB0-4134-80F2-FED805DBC150.jpeg

Heading up to Lechlade this weekend. The South Oxford has been very quiet all week, only 8 boats passed all day on Tuesday when it was sunny. Expect the upper Thames will be even quieter

5 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

NEVER move on Bank holidays!! Too many hobbiests about ?

Oye!  I'm a hobbyist and proud of it.

But I won't be on the boat over the BH weekend. Well not this one anyway, next one I will be. 

This time last week I was in Braunston (in shit weather) so didn't miss you by much. 

Which way are you going after Braunston?

2 hours ago, ianali said:

We are a couple of mile outside Llangollen. I don’t get why you would wanna be tied up whilst the weather is so good. We will drink in the pub here, called Sin Trevor.

Is that the one that is a den of iniquity?

I usually pop into the more mundane one, called "Sun Trevor". ?

3 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Forecast is for a warm bank holiday. So we are leaving Naughty-Cal safely tucked up in her berth whilst we head north of the border to Scotland to visit Liams mum.

We did likewise last year and left it till 9.30 pm before we set off , absolutely rock solid with People going to the Lake District , we were well peed off ?

19 minutes ago, Parahandy said:

Very quiet down here by Slapton

Hope it stays like that all the way through half-term (some hope!). That's where I'm heading then, going south of Braunston for the first time, on our next trip.

3 hours ago, Kiwidad said:

We did two hours, I am exhausted ? 

That's pump out and back for you. 

2 hours ago, Lily Rose said:

He's going to force Paul at Stowe Hill to actually retire ( fir a month anyway)

10 minutes ago, matty40s said:

That's pump out and back for you. 

He's going to force Paul at Stowe Hill to actually retire ( fir a month anyway)

Yeah but the old sod is going back innitt ?

2 hours ago, Lily Rose said:

Oye!  I'm a hobbyist and proud of it.

But I won't be on the boat over the BH weekend. Well not this one anyway, next one I will be. 

This time last week I was in Braunston (in shit weather) so didn't miss you by much. 

Down the Gu across the Thames and down the K and A to Bristol.

14 hours ago, Parahandy said:

We did likewise last year and left it till 9.30 pm before we set off , absolutely rock solid with People going to the Lake District , we were well peed off ?

We didn't have a bad run in the end. 5 hours including a stop for dinner half way. 

4 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

We didn't have a bad run in the end. 5 hours including a stop for dinner half way. 

Pretty good then  :cheers: and just as a side comment 18 million hobby and hire boats passed us late afternoon /evening and the worst for belting past was a shiney private boat and the best by far were two willow wren boats together full of Pirate stags drinking beer, both boats of which passed on dead tickover barely making a ripple. Being a sad git and because of using the forum a lot I honestly noticed on balance the hire boats ( In general ) were the ones slowing or as should be at tickover when passing.

• Greenie 1

17 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Hate to disappoint, it's cold, wet, and miserable "up here"

Edited by LadyG

4 hours ago, LadyG said:

Hate to disappoint, it's cold, wet, and miserable "up here"

Not where we are. Just spent a lovely morning at Neilston country show and are now heading to Irvine for an afternoon by the coast. 

Lovely mild day.

• Happy 1

On 04/05/2018 at 10:34, mrsmelly said:

Hillmorton done at at 7 this morning now a mile OUT of Braunston and very securely tied up till Tuesday as the wevvers gonna be nice so barby, barby, barby and don't move ...................Keep safe people.

You've missed it, you passed Barby a few miles back.

Oh, you meant barbeque? Maybe you've also mis-spelt that word I learnt this week, and are planning to cook a castrated male sheep? I couldn't eat a whole one.

On Tuesday I get to do my first proper bit of boating of the year, if I don't count about four miles with no locks that I did (two return trips through the Islington tunnel), and a move of about 80 feet at Alvecote last weekend.

• Greenie 1