Looking for a waterside property?

David Mack

Featured Posts

A building plot with planning permission on Eel Pie Island on the Thames is up for auction on 18 December.

It will cost you a cool half million, and then you have to build the house.

https://auctioneertemplates.eigroup.co.uk/LotDetails.aspx?LotID=897687&a=5&c=brn&utm_source=Main+Barnard+Marcus+Auctions

6ffdf04c-691d-47c7-b042-874a75ffc8e2.jpg

• Greenie 1

Guide price is £500k. 

In my experience the guide price is usually set unrealistically low to suck in badly informed punters. The bidding usually starts at the guide price.

My estimate for that plot is a shade over £1m. We'll see! 

18 hours ago, MHS said:

Its quite nice though too modern for my tastes, still I don't know what its got to Gloat about its no better than its neighbours :D

4 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Its quite nice though too modern for my tastes, still I don't know what its got to Gloat about its no better than its neighbours :D

Perhaps they are allowed to keep gloats on the land,  providing they take measures to prevent the gloats from eating the neighbours washing? :P

On 02/12/2017 at 13:56, jonesthenuke said:

Is there access to the island for a car?

I friend of mine lived there in the 1980s. IIRC there was no official road access however the coal deliveries came over the footbridge in the back of a mini.

You are thinking of Thorneycroft Island / Platts Eyot up at Molesey. That is the one with the Minis (and Bedford Rascal vans). The footbridge over to Ell Pie Island is too small for a car.

On 02/12/2017 at 10:36, WotEver said:

Not always, no. 

Elle Pie Island is very high and does not flood.

12 hours ago, WJM said:

Elle Pie Island is very high and does not flood.

Elle Pie might not but Eel Pie has been known to. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/london/fresh-flood-warnings-are-issued-along-river-thames-after-eel-pie-island-rescue-mission-9113169.html%3famp

11 hours ago, WotEver said:

The joys of Autocorrect!  Those pictures and that article refer to the flooding of the mainland bank opposite the island, not the island itself - although the article fails to point that out. I manage a property close by that sits lower than the island and we do get occasional flooding but we haven't seen any really high levels in maybe fifteen years. I think that is because, although the Thames barrier has been in use a lot longer, prediction and implementation is a lot more sophisticated now. In the past we could have 1m of water inside our building but for over a decade we haven't seen more than 10cm.