Are wrong things just as good as the right ones?

Featured Posts

I want a cat, but someone down the pub said that a dog is the same really. So I've bought a dog and it seems OK, but does anyone know if I can get a kit to modify it if it turns out not to be as good at catching mice? ;)

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I want a cat, but someone down the pub said that a dog is the same really. So I've bought a dog and it seems OK, but does anyone know if I can get a kit to modify it if it turns out not to be as good at catching mice? ;)

You need a catalytic converter. 

• Greenie 4

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Did I not mention it's a 12V dc dog, fitted with a 240V AC adaptor? I'm thinking of converting it to gas as long as I can use non standard chocolate pipework. The bloke who going to do it is not quite gas safe registered, but I will have a home made papier-mache fire blanket which I knitted myself standing by in case of problems (I'm currently using the fire extinguishers to store petrol in).  Fortunately, the boat came with 25 years left on the BSS certificate, so I've been able to wire the anodes to the shore supply with bell wire which I think should reverse the minor pitting. Since I did that, the mice have been less of a problem, so maybe I'll not modify the dog as I don't like messing with things I don't understand. To be fair, the wine bottle corks had pretty much solved most of the leaks, but I'm off to do the blacking now with roofing felt which is on offer at B&Q. I'm hoping that will stop the leaks and preserve the hull, since it worked pretty well on my shed.  It's true what they say, boating is a really cheap way of life, isn't it!

Don't forget to paint your cabin with blacking paint and block up all your ventilation. 

53 minutes ago, dor said:

In my experience, most dogs are already converted and prone to leaks...

If you connect the dogs blow by valve to the GPL cylinders with you chocolate pipe work you will have a never ending supply Pedigree seems the best return on cubic feet of gas per kilo of "Nibbbles"

I wonder if Maritime Canine started this thread to satirise any particular previous CWDF thread, or just bodgers in general. Can anyone spot a thread which may have inspired him?

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Is that "Gas Produced Locally" ?

In this case it could be, but in the real world it's the Europien term for in the UK is termed LPG. GPL =Gas Liquid Petrolium as in the bottles & at filling stations to fill vehiclesgas tanks on motor homes Etc.

17 minutes ago, Athy said:

I wonder if Maritime Canine started this thread to satirise any particular previous CWDF thread, or just bodgers in general. Can anyone spot a thread which may have inspired him?

If you were more switched on I think you would know watt has sparked Mr Dog's current outage.

I think it's just a phase he's going through.  

• Greenie 1

14 minutes ago, Neil2 said:

If you were more switched on I think you would know watt has sparked Mr Dog's current outage.

I think it's just a phase he's going through.  

You shock me. I'm going ohm to read the current topics.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Mud Coffee & Saliva (Milk) & Dandruff (Sugar) wasn't it ?

I was thinking of the other one, when they pretended to sail around the world and ran out of water. 

Edited by rusty69