Lost boat can you help?

Kinver Canopies

Featured Posts

Ouch laugh.png pull out so many trolls from under bridges?

That's a fairly serious accusation I don't know if you are accustomed to regular use of internet forums?

I can not see any goats just ducks and coots sorry rolleyes.gif

The trolls have eaten them all?

re the OP I think it's ok to ask too.

All Kinver have asked for is a message to be passed onto the boat owner or some idea of where the boat is so that they can finish their business with the owner.

most on here have taken that to mean that the owner owes kinver money.

for all any of us know the owner may have had a new canopy made (paid for in full) but has never been back to collect it

I didn't see anything wrong with your asking about the boat in question. I read it that if any of us were to see the boat/owner to ask them to give you a call, not for us to tell you of the location of said boat.

No harm in passing a message along is there, reason for the message is non of our business really.

Can I say Betty a lot of people like to live a quiet life without their ID and whereabouts broadcast on this Forum.

Some people are on boats for solitude and anonymity

No I didn't..

A customer acting scummy isn't really a good excuse for a company acting scummy either. Very unprofessional of Kinver posting on here.

All Kiver have done is to ask if anyone sees them to just ask them to contact the company. They haven't asked for anyone to report where the boat is. For all we know they may be due a refund or a service. If the person on the boat doesnt want to contact kinver then they don't have to.

Me, I assumed that Kinver thought they hadn't actually finished the job and wanted to check the customer was satisfied. Certainly didn't warrant RedWhosit's comments. Data protection doesn't cover banging on someone's roof and asking them to ring someone - that's just idiotic.

• Greenie 1

All Kinver have asked for is a message to be passed onto the boat owner or some idea of where the boat is so that they can finish their business with the owner.

They have not even asked anyone to report where the boat is, just to pass on a message.

They have not even asked anyone to report where the boat is, just to pass on a message.

I read their original comment differently to you then....

"If anyone knows of its location or could ask the gentleman aboard to call us"

That's how I read it the first time as well - hence why I asked for a little more info on what the boat looked like so we could keep a look out and pass the message along if we saw it in our travels

I read their original comment differently to you then....

"If anyone knows of its location or could ask the gentleman aboard to call us"

Yes, not "Can you tell us where it is" so are we reading it differently, thats the problem with things posted here, we all see different in them some times.

I think it may just be an unthinking phrase used.

I wouldn't be unhappy if a message was passed on, but I'd be chary of giving exact location away. For what it's worth, I expect a canopy-maker to be great with canvas and a sewing machine but perhaps not have forensic lawyerly skills with a forum post. It might've been helpful if Mr Kinver had pm'd the mods first for help as this a business matter.

Will keep an eye out when I pop up to the boat tomorrow at Saul.

I remember going past you in Febuary when you was fitting it just off splat Bridge, thinking that it looked a nice job but It was a god forsaken horribable windy day to do it on.

It's perfectly normal practice if you want to contact a boater, to ask anyone who knows them to deliver a message with your contact details asking them to call you.

Control remains with the sought boater. The seeker doesn't even have to be told that the message was delivered (or not).

• Greenie 1

Wow this is right back to the days of blowing stuff out of proportion..great to see its all still here..we r getting back on track folks..

ok so i'm "off topic" but.. i do like the word scummy

ta ta

nope not seen boat

• Greenie 1

Wow this is right back to the days of blowing stuff out of proportion..great to see its all still here..we r getting back on track folks..

ta ta

nope not seen boat

Nice one Patty. Greenie!

ta ta

nope not seen boat

My list of words I like doesn't contain 'scummy'. I'm surprised some here haven't heard it, it's in widespread use around here!

Anyway to keep the thread way off topic in classic CWF manner, here is my list of my most favouritest worms:

Tangible

Turgid

Didactic

Vainglorious (Chris Pink springs to mind)

Oligopoly

Bailiwick

Delphic

Insouciant

Trunnion

Tumblehome

All splendid wods. As is the word 'splendid' :)

My list of words I like doesn't contain 'scummy'. I'm surprised some here haven't heard it, it's in widespread use around here!

Anyway to keep the thread way off topic in classic CWF manner, here is my list of my most favouritest worms:

Tangible

Turgid

Didactic

Oligopoly

Bailiwick

Delphic

Insouciant

Trunnion

Tumblehome

All splendid wods. As is the word 'splendid' :)

I didn't realise that there were so many different makes of worms.

Going back to the original post, it's seems the issue is over the word 'or' being used instead of the word 'and'. This could have easily resulted in the exact location of the boat being posted on here.

Say someone had some sort of bad intent towards me and wanted to track me down? Posing as a canal business on here who needs to complete some business with me would be a good method of trying to find me.

I'm not saying that's what has happened but I understand the concerns.

This should really have gone through the mods first and the OP should have offered some proof, or should have been much clearer that they weren't seeking the boat's location.

Tangible

Turgid

Didactic

Oligopoly

Bailiwick

Delphic

Insouciant

Trunnion

Tumblehome

All splendid wods. As is the word 'splendid' smile.png

Lots Of good words for me to try and remember..oh and then use in right context

And I quite agree with Dave P post above..clear way of putting what others attempted to say...