Lost boat can you help?

Kinver Canopies

Featured Posts

Hi, Just wondering if I could use the vast power and reach of CDF.

We did some work for a customer in February this year. He was based around the Saul/ Gloucester area.

We are trying to contact him but think he may have a new number as we just get an answer phone.

The boat is Called Moonlight Dancer. We last saw it around Splatt bridge location.

If anyone knows of its location or could ask the gentleman aboard to call us the would be fantastic.

Hope we can finish our business with him and update our contact details.

Can you expand on "finish our business with him" so we know the reason for your request for a location?

(Crossed with RedPandaBear - mindereader :rolleyes: )

has an outstanding bill.

No duck jokes please :stop:

Its a narrow beam.

Just want someone to ask him to call us if spotted. The boat now may even belong to another owner.

It doesn't matter if he owes us money or not as its no ones business except his.

For that reason alone I've not mentioned anyone's name. So no mud is thrown.

I just want to make sure we have up to date details and that the job is totally complete and resolved.

Even if he did owe any money, I ask , what's scummy about asking if anyone has seen the boat. Wouldn't it be the same as posting on facebook that you'd had you car stolen and for people to keep an eye out for it?.

• Greenie 2

I think you're entitled to ask on here. If he does have an outstanding account,more the reason for someone to disclose his where abouts. He knows he owes you money, if he does indeed do so, he's the scummy one.

Good luck in finding him and finalising your transaction.

Martyn

• Greenie 2

Its a narrow beam.

Just want someone to ask him to call us if spotted. The boat now may even belong to another owner.

It doesn't matter if he owes us money or not as its no ones business except his.

For that reason alone I've not mentioned anyone's name. So no mud is thrown.

I just want to make sure we have up to date details and that the job is totally complete and resolved.

Even if he did owe any money, I ask , what's scummy about asking if anyone has seen the boat. Wouldn't it be the same as posting on facebook that you'd had you car stolen and for people to keep an eye out for it?.

I didn't see anything wrong with your asking about the boat in question. I read it that if any of us were to see the boat/owner to ask them to give you a call, not for us to tell you of the location of said boat.

No harm in passing a message along is there, reason for the message is non of our business really.

I didn't see anything wrong with your asking about the boat in question. I read it that if any of us were to see the boat/owner to ask them to give you a call, not for us to tell you of the location of said boat.

No harm in passing a message along is there, reason for the message is non of our business really.

If you read it again you will notice the words "if anyone knows of its location..."

I read this as asking for the location of a boat. It always makes me a bit uneasy when someone does this - unless it is a stolen boat in which case cwdf is a very valuable resource :) or I suppose someone who needs to be contacted by family for some sort of emergency.

Edit for precision

Edited by magnetman

No I didn't..

A customer acting scummy isn't really a good excuse for a company acting scummy either. Very unprofessional of Kinver posting on here.

I disagree.

We don't actually know that this is about money owing, but even if it is, how on EARTH is it "scummy" to try to track down somebody who owes you money.

• Greenie 2

Scummy move posting on here if that is the case.

How is it "Scummy posting on here " no reason was given for the need for contact. It could be a totally different reason from YOUR assumed money owed reason Jumping to conclusions & making those types of comments helps no one.

I disagree with the use of the word scummy - slightly trollish use of language liable to cause aggrevation but I do think using cwdf to 'find' boats is dodgy personally.

Edit to change aggregation to aggrevation

I disagree.

We don't actually know that this is about money owing, but even if it is, how on EARTH is it "scummy" to try to track down somebody who owes you money.

Ask the op?

Has the owners granny just had a heart attack

Edited by magnetman

If you read it again you will notice the words "if anyone knows of its location..."

I read this as asking for the location of a boat. It always makes me a bit uneasy when someone does this - unless it is a stolen boat in which case cwdf is a very valuable resource smile.png or I suppose someone who needs to be contacted by family for some sort of emergency.

Edit for precision

Yup - fair play, you are correct. I just focused on the bit "ask the gentleman to contact us" and skimmed over the location of the boat bit.

As I said though, quite happy to pass along a message to the gentleman on the boat if we were to see it. Wouldn't necessarily pass along the whereabouts of the boat though as I would consider that a bit of invasion of privacy in my books

Yup - fair play, you are correct. I just focused on the bit "ask the gentleman to contact us" and skimmed over the location of the boat bit.

As I said though, quite happy to pass along a message to the gentleman on the boat if we were to see it. Wouldn't necessarily pass along the whereabouts of the boat though as I would consider that a bit of invasion of privacy in my books

Me too.

I wouldn't want to fish for that information as it is a little invasive. Just if we knew where it was we could ask people in that area to drop him/her a message to call us.

Didn't think I'd pull out so many trolls from under bridges whilst asking for someone to call us.

I won't do it again. All I really wanted was a " Yes, Its Burt .. he is moored next to me, I'll ask him in the pub later"

Sorry if I've upset anyone, you may now continue to watch your goats from the safety of your bridges ;)

Happy Friday.. Now we can all get back to discussing Brexit and the downfall of the UK or rise of a super nation ;) ( Whole new can of Worms!)

• Greenie 1

Me too.

I wouldn't want to fish for that information as it is a little invasive. Just if we knew where it was we could ask people in that area to drop him/her a message to call us.

Didn't think I'd pull out so many trolls from under bridges whilst asking for someone to call us.

I won't do it again. All I really wanted was a " Yes, Its Burt .. he is moored next to me, I'll ask him in the pub later"

Sorry if I've upset anyone, you may now continue to watch your goats from the safety of your bridges ;)

Happy Friday.. Now we can all get back to discussing Brexit and the downfall of the UK or rise of a super nation ;) ( Whole new can of Worms!)

Ouch :lol: pull out so many trolls from under bridges?

That's a fairly serious accusation I don't know if you are accustomed to regular use of internet forums?

I can not see any goats just ducks and coots sorry :rolleyes: