Nothing against cassettes - but ...

1st ade

Featured Posts

It's hard to comprehend why anyone would, then again I give in on understanding why anyone would throw anything in the canal/undergrowth etc. Hats off to all those volunteers helping to clean up other people's mess. Well done.

Completely agree with RAB on this.

1st Ade, have a greenie.

It's hard to comprehend why anyone would, then again I give in on understanding why anyone would throw anything in the canal/undergrowth etc. Hats off to all those volunteers helping to clean up other people's mess. Well done.

I can never understand such behaviour, and agree in saying well done to all volunteers.

20 years if ago, if you said you'd picked up discarded cassettes amongst the rubbish, people would have assumed C60s and C90s. A TPP165 is a far greater, er, inconvenience.

Edited by Athy

This clearly makes the case for compulsory pump out toilets on our inland waterways.

Except that I have witnessed a complete pump out tank abandoned in a hedgerow - a very much bigger task for the volunteers to remove than a cassette!

In either case, shit happens!!

Dave

It sure does!

clapping.gif

By the way, how is your pump out.......

Thank you for your concern, John.

Blockage cleared, but I don't trust it. I would go into more detail but I'm wondering just how much toilet talk CWDF can stand in one evening!

ETA I've been told that the solution to my problems might be a 'swept T' whatever one of those is.

Edited by Victor Vectis

It sure does!

clapping.gif

Blockage cleared, but I don't trust it. I would go into more detail but I'm wondering just how much toilet talk CWDF can stand in one evening!

ETA I've been told that the solution to my problems might be a 'swept T' whatever one of those is.

This threads going down the pan. biggrin.png

It sure does!

:clapping:

You know what the answer is really, come over to the other side :)

It sure does!

clapping.gif

Swept Tee

More likely the cassettes were mislaid by a boater. There not exactly cheap.

thats a cracker ( or crapper ) how can you loose a full cassette. you take it out to MT it, not something you forget to do half way through the job lol.

Maybe a full Cassette would not be buoyant enough to be recovered after the person emptying it lost their hold on it?

CT

The OP says "these can only have been thrown into the undergrowth by boaters".

thats a cracker ( or crapper ) how can you loose a full cassette. you take it out to MT it, not something you forget to do half way through the job lol.

Unless you have a spare cassette and you place the full one in the Bow or back deck or even on the roof till you reach an elsan and in the meantime some 'ner do well' turns up and thinks it funny to either walk off with the thing and dump it in the hedge as its too bloody heavy or the chuck it in the water.

Which ever is the cause, its not on and any one found doing such things should have the contents of the cassette poured over them. or, similar to the old 'stocks', they should be chained to an elsan point for a couple of days and they can empty cassettes for weary boaters

Which ever is the cause, its not on and any one found doing such things should have the contents of the cassette poured over them. or, similar to the old 'stocks', they should be chained to an elsan point for a couple of days and they can empty cassettes for weary boaters

How about chaining them to an elsan point to assist those that use them for self pump out?

• Greenie 1