£20k crowdfund appeal

MtB

Featured Posts

I suppose at least if you give your local vicar money to repair the church roof you might be helping to conserve quite an attractive bit of architecture.

Restoring that boat to its hideous original state would not be a good idea, and the general view of the forum seems to be that Copal Daselva has already raised much more than enough to do that anyway.

However if I donate to the Church Roof appeal it's to save the church roof - it's not to buy a new font, organ, altar etc....

Reading the link, it has taken him 2 years of hard work to get his "home" to its pre sunken state. Really? Never mind donate £100 of your hard earned and he'll paint a feather on the boat for you rolleyes.gif

If he was asking 2k it might be believable, but 20k is just taking the mick. He is just a chancer and a con artist but unfortunately people will get sucked in and he'll be smiling all the way to the bank.

If the guy was the genuine article & not a money grabbing P**s taker he would have probably asked people to donate items to fit his boat out/keep it a float not cash To my mind he has no intention of spending any of the donated on that pile of junk ( my opinion) he probably only got it, to scuttle it althoughit probably did that it's self, to conn money out of folk that are more than likely worse off financeally than him any way Again my opinion total A**ehole

The £20K is what it will cost to complete what is an ambitious building project as well as to replace all my possessions, raise the boat & cover loss of income since the boat sank.

I am a healer. I have dedicated my life to helping others. This campaign was set up on the request of friends & family who value my work so they could help me out of a dire situation.

Everyone who has donated has or will receive from me treatments or healing in exchange which will be worth more than the monetary value of their donations.

My intention for this campaign is to create a place I can live & work & as a result of the success of this I will be able to serve a lot more people.

Thank you.

Copal

As you are giving healing in exchange for donations it counts as income as far as HMRC are concerned I do hope you will be declaring it as such on your tax return.

Similarly if you do not "work" and are on benefits I hope that you will declare it to the BA.

If not I'm sure with a bit of investigation you could be outed to the relevant agency ;)

Your animations don't work for me here on a dongle.

I just get a white square and the 'loading' symbol, indefinitely...

It might be your Flash Player Mike, I am not that good with techy stuff I wish I could help more.

It works fine on my samsung tablet.

It might be your Flash Player Mike, I am not that good with techy stuff I wish I could help more.

It works fine on my samsung tablet.

Funny you should say that, I upgraded it yesterday to the latest version, so seems unlikely to be that.

Are your gifs stunningly amazingly brilliant?

Flash doesn't work on most phones and some tablets.

I have just read that Adobe have now abandoned Flash Player for Android, 11.1 use to work great.

I stand corrected

god knows why they update and change stuff so often its very confusing.

Edited by grumpy146

I have just read that Adobe have now abandoned Flash Player for Android, 11.1 use to work great.

I stand corrected

god knows why they update and change stuff so often its very confusing.

Because Flash is a bug ridden pile of rubbish and is full of security holes. HTML 5 is replacing it in many places.

I am disgusted by this. I am essentially homeless relying on friends and family to provide couch or bed when ever they can. I am currently in the process of getting a boat all be it rather cheap. It needs full electrics an engine service and prop. Have i started up something like this ? No i have not. Do i personally have the money to afford to pay for the work ? No i do not. Will i start up a fund like this ? No i will not. Even if i did i would not dare ask for £20 grand for something i know will cost me around £3k to get up and running. As long as when i go to see it the engine works so i can charge my battery and use an invertor which connects via croc clips i will struggle on and pay what i can when i can. This man should be ashamed of him self as crowdfunds like this put people in genuine need of help off asking for it or in the event of people taking that chance and asking not being able to get the help they genuinly need.

• Greenie 4

I am disgusted by this. I am essentially homeless relying on friends and family to provide couch or bed when ever they can. I am currently in the process of getting a boat all be it rather cheap. It needs full electrics an engine service and prop. Have i started up something like this ? No i have not. Do i personally have the money to afford to pay for the work ? No i do not. Will i start up a fund like this ? No i will not. Even if i did i would not dare ask for £20 grand for something i know will cost me around £3k to get up and running. As long as when i go to see it the engine works so i can charge my battery and use an invertor which connects via croc clips i will struggle on and pay what i can when i can. This man should be ashamed of him self as crowdfunds like this put people in genuine need of help off asking for it or in the event of people taking that chance and asking not being able to get the help they genuinly need.

Welcome from me too Festa (are you Lee? Did we meet in London?) Anyway have a green "appreciation token" all the same! You'll find this site a great resource once you get ahold of that boat... Are you going to be on the Scottish canals?

xx

Jane

Thanks for the welcome guy's it's appreciated. And Jane yeah my name is Lee and we may well have met in London. Not decided weather to go on Scottish Canals or put boat on Loch Lomond yet but will be looking to get on English network once boat is up and running as there is not much in the way of a network up here lol.

The £20K is what it will cost to complete what is an ambitious building project as well as to replace all my possessions, raise the boat & cover loss of income...

Copal

£20k would buy you a reasonable, fully equipped, small narrowboat or a mint GRP cruiser like the one your scrapper of a hull once was.

This is a scam and, as you are scamming your fellow boaters you should be ashamed of yourself.

Healer... Heal thyself.

Edited by carlt
  • Greenie 1

I think this good forum is going a bit over the top here and showing its slightly unpleasant judgemental attitude again.

So far:

He does not have a trading lcence

He has no trading/other insurance

He is cheating on a CC licence

He has no qualification in his profession

He is a con-man.

Most of this is based entirely on prejudice rather than fact.

He might well be an evil scrounging con man, but lets think about what we actually know.....

Banks are not the only way of funding a business these days, many start ups are based on crowd funding,... so in the heat of the moment with a sunk boat he decided to resort to crowd funding to get his business plans back on track.

He was not honest about this as he blurred the boundary between developing a business and raising his boat. This was Wrong.

but

You can CC without an engine

There are lots of "engineers" on the cut with no insurance and no qualification as a mechanic, let alone an engineer...and many boats are built by unqualified welders

He might have 3rd party insurance

He just might be a really nice bloke

Its an interesting boat

...................Dave

• Greenie 1

Its an interesting boat

...................Dave

Regardless of how interesting you may find that hull it will never be worth more than £500 more than its contents.

It is an aging fibreglass hull with an amateurish lid put on top.

With a, for example, well kitted out Freeman 30 fetching no more than £8k-10k it is difficult to see this as anything other than an attempt to get others to finance your chosen lifestyle.

When my boat sank I lost all the tools of my trade plus my clothes and those of my partner and our 3year old son.

Despite sitting next to our sunken home with nothing but our pyjamas at 4am we didn't once think of an internet scheme to provide a new home and possessions and would have been furious with any friends or family who thought we'd consider such action acceptable.

If this guy has any sense of decency he will return the cash and realise that it is an abuse of the crowd funding system.

Edited by carlt

I think this good forum is going a bit over the top here and showing its slightly unpleasant judgemental attitude again.

So far:

He does not have a trading lcence

He has no trading/other insurance

He is cheating on a CC licence

He has no qualification in his profession

He is a con-man.

Most of this is based entirely on prejudice rather than fact.

He might well be an evil scrounging con man, but lets think about what we actually know.....

Banks are not the only way of funding a business these days, many start ups are based on crowd funding,... so in the heat of the moment with a sunk boat he decided to resort to crowd funding to get his business plans back on track.

He was not honest about this as he blurred the boundary between developing a business and raising his boat. This was Wrong.

but

You can CC without an engine

There are lots of "engineers" on the cut with no insurance and no qualification as a mechanic, let alone an engineer...and many boats are built by unqualified welders

He might have 3rd party insurance

He just might be a really nice bloke

Its an interesting boat

...................Dave

So why didn't he say that in his request for "crowdfunding" instead of the waffle of needing all this money to rebuild his "boat"?