£20k crowdfund appeal

MtB

Featured Posts

The are negative comments, including a link to this thread, which have been up since 27 Aug. Hopefully people will read before throwing away their money.

Edited to add the link below to the You Caring page explaining how they deal with fraud. Looks like thet're not doing too well on this one.

https://help.youcaring.com/hc/en-us/articles/204346289-How-do-you-verify-fundraiser-legitimacy-

Edited by Meggers

This story should be getting onto BBC London .60 seconds bulletin followed by an almost impossibility for him & his girlfriend to continue thier life within the local boating community . I inagine they would be " excommunicated " .

Unfortnately some people are shameless chancers whove no concept of " shame " & " decency " , never mind self respect .

His girlfriends onto a winner there , didn t she do well .

Get his story on the telly , or the radio or local rags - he needs to be outed in the real world & the wider community , not just the virtual .

Mind you , i don t know how to do any of this - im not signed up to social media & ive no idea how it works but he needs to be publicly shamed if possible .

This story should be getting onto BBC London .60 seconds bulletin followed by an almost impossibility for him & his girlfriend to continue thier life within the local boating community . I inagine they would be " excommunicated " .

Unfortnately some people are shameless chancers whove no concept of " shame " & " decency " , never mind self respect .

His girlfriends onto a winner there , didn t she do well .

Get his story on the telly , or the radio or local rags - he needs to be outed in the real world & the wider community , not just the virtual .

Mind you , i don t know how to do any of this - im not signed up to social media & ive no idea how it works but he needs to be publicly shamed if possible .

You could simply email the details to the London Standard newspaper.

Actually ...

I think i ll my change my mind . Outing him & his shameful behaviour to wider audience might be unreasonable & lead to a heap of probs for the conman in question . I expect he ll be ostracised by much of the local boaters anyway . Probably is already as he seems like a complete tool .

As i say , very public exposure could affect him much more & ok some folk have been duped for hopefully small amounts only , though it shouldn t be any , & who knows maybe this guys conscience will kick in at some point during his adulthood .

But i doubt it

Edited by chubby

I can not stop thinking about this guy and his 'Sunken Boat', he states it was his home but the boat is not even lined inside nor does it have a mattress or any kind or basic living essentials.

At most it looks like its had £200 thrown at it in Timber and Insulation. Ive seen much nicer Grp Boats on Scrap Heap Challenge.

The bloody cheak free-character-smileys-330.gif

Edited by grumpy146

Actually ...

I think i ll my change my mind . Outing him & his shameful behaviour to wider audience might be unreasonable & lead to a heap of probs for the conman in question . I expect he ll be ostracised by much of the local boaters anyway . Probably is already as he seems like a complete tool .

As i say , very public exposure could affect him much more & ok some folk have been duped for hopefully small amounts only , though it shouldn t be any , & who knows maybe this guys conscience will kick in at some point during his adulthood .

But i doubt it

This seems highly unlikely. If he had a conscience he would have a job like the rest of us and not mercilessly sponge off those around him.

They reckon about one in a hundred of the population suffers* from this condition, i.e. no conscience.

* 'Suffer' isn't the right word as this type of person very much enjoys using those around them as resources to be plundered.

Actually ...

But i doubt it

He will more than likey disapear and leave some very upsett people.

Best not to get involved maybe but its still annoying.

He might be a 'sub clinical psychopath' in which case he doesn't have a conscience in the first place

http://www.hare.org/links/saturday.html

Actually ...

But i doubt it

They reckon about one in a hundred of the population suffers* from this condition, i.e. no conscience.

* 'Suffer' isn't the right word as this type of person very much enjoys using those around them as resources to be plundered.

I hadn't heard that before - assuming it's correct, it explains a lot!

Actually, the more I think about it, the more it explains. That's little short of a revelation!

I hadn't heard that before - assuming it's correct, it explains a lot!

Actually, the more I think about it, the more it explains. That's little short of a revelation!

I found the same when I first started reading about psycopathy. Robert Hare (linked above) has written several very engaging and readable books on the subject for the layman.

Very risky labeling this bloke a psychopath though. There are many traits associated with psychpathy, of which lack of conscience is just one. Best to read some Hare!

Forgive my pedantry ... I can't help it. If you give £80, then the charity can reclaim £20 tax - which happens to be 25%. You had to earn £100 to get £80 in your pocket, so the charity actually reclaims 20% basic rate tax on £100, which is £80 grossed up.

The formula for the tax reclaim is (gift x 100/80) x 20%.

I’ll get my coat.

I forgive your pedantry but I think you are mistaken. I was assuming a 25% tax rate and tax is levied on gross income (after allowance), not net income, so my £25 is indeed 25% of £100 gross,

But the principle remains, regardless of the detailed calculation, so the point is valid either way. .

Clearly proving that he has read the comment and link to this thread, as he has deleted it.

Seriously, someone take the Kool-aid away from these people... I love the fact that those of us who are screaming that this guy and his funder are blatant frauds are being called out as jealous, as opposed to simply ragingly angry that this dude is being so dishonest and that total strangers are being conned, as well as the implications that this will have for other people who may be really in need and those who might otherwise have helped them in the future!

I suppose it just goes to prove that if you put 50 down syndrome children in a room together, there's going to be a lot of hugging.

Hey, I only said MTB was jealous as he "only" has 2 boats...! I'm just as incensed as the next person, but how much responsibility rests with the con-ees as well as the conner?

My point being - whilst there are gullible folks, there will always be predators like this!

Has this guy been "outed" on the various London Boater FB pages?

Surely that is one way to stop his "antics"?

He has - it keeps being deleted as people start threatening physical violence..

Has this guy been "outed" on the various London Boater FB pages?

Surely that is one way to stop his "antics"?

Not sure the numbers stack up. The total stands at £5360, yet on page 2 of the supporters someone called Sam Bounty has pledged £5000. The remaining 151 supporters had pledged well in excess of £360. Or am I reading it wrong?

The £20K is what it will cost to complete what is an ambitious building project as well as to replace all my possessions, raise the boat & cover loss of income since the boat sank.

I am a healer. I have dedicated my life to helping others. This campaign was set up on the request of friends & family who value my work so they could help me out of a dire situation.

Everyone who has donated has or will receive from me treatments or healing in exchange which will be worth more than the monetary value of their donations.

My intention for this campaign is to create a place I can live & work & as a result of the success of this I will be able to serve a lot more people.

Thank you.

Copal

My intention for this campaign is to create a place I can live & work & as a result of the success of this I will be able to serve a lot more people

So now you are saying the campaign is to 'Create' rather than 'Replace' what you originally had.

that puts a whole new spin on things.

all the best with that.

Edited by grumpy146

The £20K is what it will cost to complete what is an ambitious building project as well as to replace all my possessions, raise the boat & cover loss of income since the boat sank.

I am a healer. I have dedicated my life to helping others. This campaign was set up on the request of friends & family who value my work so they could help me out of a dire situation.

Everyone who has donated has or will receive from me treatments or healing in exchange which will be worth more than the monetary value of their donations.

My intention for this campaign is to create a place I can live & work & as a result of the success of this I will be able to serve a lot more people.

Thank you.

Copal

How much worse off are you financial now, than you were before the boat sank?

Cost of refloating, loss of contents, what else would insurance cover?

It certainly wouldn't cover work still to be done, or loss of earnings.

If you are intending to work from this boat, when finished you may well need a Traders licence and greater insurance cover.

Bod