Volunteer spreading the love - Gifford Park Mooring - merged topics

bigcol

Featured Posts

I'm saying this because the matter is in hand. CRT are sending a bloke to see him according to BigCol. Like with Kriss's overstaying, I'm of the view that CRT should enforce the rules, not some random mob of boaters.

You carry on with your keyboard antics, the men will sort it icecream.gif

• Greenie 1

I'm saying this because the matter is in hand. CRT are sending a bloke to see him according to BigCol. Like with Kriss's overstaying, I'm of the view that CRT should enforce the rules, not some random mob of boaters.

Policeman this bloke is he ?

"Random mob of boaters"? We don't all go around trying to look like hoodies.

Seems a better plan to challenge his bahaviour than, encourage him to put concrete blocks into the canal at night.

Regards kris

Firstly, no-one here is condoning his behaviour, secondly do we have proof that he has put blocks in the canal at night? Of course his behaviour should be challenged, but via the appropriate route which is not mob rule. I doubt you would be too pleased to be on the receiving end of mob rule (group of angry provisional IWA towing your boat away to be crushed for overstaying) so don't preach what you don't want to be practiced.

• Greenie 3

Firstly, no-one here is condoning his behaviour, secondly do we have proof that he has put blocks in the canal at night? Of course his behaviour should be challenged, but via the appropriate route which is not mob rule. I doubt you would be too pleased to be on the receiving end of mob rule (group of angry provisional IWA towing your boat away to be crushed for overstaying) so don't preach what you don't want to be practiced.

Barney rubble has entered the room.

You carry on with your keyboard antics, the men will sort it icecream.gif

That's what i'm afraid of - it has the making of a great story - national newspapers/TV - unreasonable canal users make life hell for pensioner ......... donations sought to help fund waterways charity (which prides itself on being family friendly) - not on your nelly!.

In years/months to come, charity short of cash to fund major problem or even general work, donations sought - Hmmm! no money forthcoming! charity bosses hit the easy target - the boaters, who then squeal like mad over increases.

Thanks lads!

L

Edited by LEO

Whilst this homeowner seems to be coming over as a complete tool, the 'damage' to the towpath is minimal. For some reason, if it is him, he has just cleared the foot between the towpath and the bank - it will, if left alone, look fine in a month or so.

Just to be clear, I'm not condoning what he has tried to do to the legitimate moorers there.

W1uJJ2Km.jpg

Barney rubble has entered the room.

But I do wish he would read the thread, rather than just jumping in.

Regards kris

That's what i'm afraid of - it has the making of a great story - national newspapers/TV - unreasonable canal users make life hell for pensioner ......... donations sought to help fund waterways charity (which prides itself on being family friendly) - not on your nelly!.

In years/months to come charity short of cash to fund major problem or even general work donations sought - Hmmm! no money forthcoming! charity bosses hit the easy target - the boaters, who then squeal like mad over increases.

Thanks lads!

L

So how was encouraging him to place concrete blocks in the canal helping the situation?

Blatant hypocrisy always irritates me (including my own).

Pot kettle black comes to mind mike.

In years/months to come, charity short of cash to fund major problem or even general work, donations sought - Hmmm! no money forthcoming! charity bosses hit the easy target - the boaters, who then squeal like mad over increases.

Thanks lads!

L

Thank you for your assumptions and mind reading expertise, will post the outcome.

If after his neighbour who is reading this thread, has told him about boaters mooring this weekend. He can't curb his behaviour, who is to blame but himself.

Regards kris

Watch out for delivery of concrete blocks to said house before weekend.

Hehe might be easier if I go backwards so a minus figure would do and I can take my shoes off and include my toes smile.png

Click "Full Version" button which is at the bottom of each page if you need to see post numbers, then use zoom to read stuff if your screen is too small. Then click "Use Mobile Version" at the bottom left (of the full version's page) to get back.

So how was encouraging him to place concrete blocks in the canal helping the situation?

I projected a scenario.......which could be avoided with negotiation and reasonable behavior.

L

I projected a scenario.......which could be avoided with negotiation and reasonable behavior.

L

You mean you gave any disgruntled homeowner reading this a new idea of how to disrupt moorers. Edited by kris88

You mean you gave any disgruntled homeowner reading this a new idea of how to disrupt moorers.

Don't worry it's been used for years - if all canal users are reasonable there won't be any disgruntled homeowners....