Volunteer spreading the love - Gifford Park Mooring - merged topics

bigcol

Featured Posts

I projected a scenario.......which could be avoided with negotiation and reasonable behavior.

L

You encouraged more than projected a scenario , more or less said if you were the householder negotiation to satisfy you or concrete blocks in to get your own way , reasonable behaviour !!!

edit to ask do you have property canalside by any chance.

Edited by gaggle

Ah well, very short lived conversation. The chap came out as we were pulling the boat in on rope. He stated that there was a leak, so I should not moor here. I reminded him that he had told me the same story last year, where upon he said a few swear words. I then informed him I was videoing the encounter from a camera on the boat, and would report him to the police if I felt he was harassing me. He then went in, and I shall stay here for a few days so others can see that it's not off limits.

CRT has attended, taken pictures and attempted to speak with the chap regarding the damage to the towpath, but he did not answer the door.

Ah well, very short lived conversation. The chap came out as we were pulling the boat in on rope. He stated that there was a leak, so I should not moor here. I reminded him that he had told me the same story last year, where upon he said a few swear words. I then informed him I was videoing the encounter from a camera on the boat, and would report him to the police if I felt he was harassing me. He then went in, and I shall stay here for a few days so others can see that it's not off limits.

CRT has attended, taken pictures and attempted to speak with the chap regarding the damage to the towpath, but he did not answer the door.

Are you the mob?

It was the voice of reason, that you later tried to portray yourself as speaking was it?

Regards kris

You encouraged more than projected a scenario , more or less said if you were the householder negotiation to satisfy you or concrete blocks in to get your own way , reasonable behaviour !!!

edit to ask do you have property canalside by any chance.

Sorry no, I nearly purchased one years ago but generally pleased the deal did not go through - seeing pictures of half a car perched on the front of a boat, anglers clanking about at 4 am and the current scenario at Giffard Park, confirms that living by a canal would be difficult now.

Kriss,

I do try to see problems from both sides and find a solution - back in the 70's I used to hate watching Esther in 'That's Life' on a Sunday evening, odd times my employer would get a 'hammering' - phone call early Monday would see me being sent to try and sort things out.

Most times the most difficult situations could overcome with listening and discussion - to all parties mutual satisfaction.

There are no winners or losers in situations such as that being debated in this post, one has to learn from the situation, see where it went wrong and avoid it in the future.

No one's right - is it really right to 'wind' someone up so much that life is made unbearable for them? - imagine if it were an elderly relative of yours - how would you feel?.

Over the years I have 'poured a lot of oil on troubled waters' it's generally easy with a bit of 'give and take' to overcome problems there ain't no pleasure giving an old person a kicking, this person has probably endured hell over the years due to Cmers it would be nice to try and help him.

On many occasions a small notice stating - 'beware under water obstructions' has made me consider looking for alternative moorings, but carrying some car wheels fitted with tyres helps avoid them.

Hope this helps.

L

• Greenie 1

Well I must say CRT Has taken this seriously.

I have returned to the mooring next door to the dugout stretch

CRT have phoned and emailed just to confirm that it's now being dealt with.

This dug out stretch has been here for well over a year, coming 2 years,and for what ever reason, it never registered on CRTs Radar.

homeowner has continued to mantain his stretch

2 CRT workers have been sent down to evaluate the vandalism, and yes this work was not authorized or carried out by CRT

Steve from Jenlyn was here at the same time when CRT turned up.

CRT were quite forthcoming in stating that this work that the homeowner has carried out is Outrageous

They didn't seem impressed. They have taken down house numbers and some action will be taken. To put it all to right

Later Steve brought Jenlyn to moor at this spot, and yes!! the homeowner came out and started on Steve

Just Couldn't believe I was seeing this!! Lol

Must say Jenlyn was calm, but did get his phone out, and filmed the whole accouter.

I would be worried mooring here, threats, possible pins being taking out etc,

But You should see the size of jenlyns pin lol,

To be fair I'm glad, CRT had no idea that over this length of time vandlisum work had been carried out!!!

That no one was able to moor here due to the illegal work that had be done.

That the home owner would tell boaters they can't moor here anyway. All lies and fabrication

folks can now moor here, there is NO restriction on mooring

And Jenlyn is now moored up at this stretch.

Well done to All, A part of the mooring network, has hopefully been won back

Edited by bigcol
  • Greenie 1

This householder may be a pensioner, but then so are quite a few boaters, so that should not be a consideration.

Sorry, I was 'dragged up' to show some respect to my elders, give up a bus or train seat to women or elderly people and stand up when a lady entered the room, hold doors open for people and open car doors for lady passengers - what's your excuse..

You generally find the pensioner boaters are the reasonable ones or they are on some blogs I follow.

L

Edited by LEO

I don't understand how, if CART's lengthsmen are constantly pounding the towpaths checking numbers as we are assured that they are, they have not noticed that someone has dug up 80 feet of verge.

Sorry, I was 'dragged up' to show some respect to my elders, give up a bus or train seat to women or elderly people and stand up when a lady entered the room, hold doors open for people and open car doors for lady passengers - what's your excuse..

You generally find the pensioner boaters are the reasonable ones or they are on some blogs I follow.

L

Blimey all that after you had been up the chimney?

L

I don't understand the point of your post. I'll use short words: the man who dug up the verge may be a pensioner. A large number of boaters are pensioners too. So suggesting that the fact that he's a pensioner has any bearing on the situation may well be erroneous wrong.

There's no need to apologise, by the way.

Blimey all that after you had been up the chimney?

No, but I have been up lots of fl........................and all forgotten for about 80 mins on the pitch trying get between the posts.

You can discuss this all night and keep having a go at each other but it will just end badly like it did with me the other night.

(all my fault i admitt)

At the end of the day someone sticking one on the guy is always going to be a loose loose and get boaters a bad name.

If your willing to challenge him by mooring at this spot then just make sure someone has a phone fully charged up and have another person record his antics, if he gets all fisty cuffs out then move your boat up and call the Police, its just not worth somone getting heated up and locked up for assault.

Your best bet is to have evidence of his verbal assault and harassment towards who is ever mooring thier, show the evidence to the Police and let them deal with it under the public order act.

Personally i would not moor up their lifes too short.

Good luck.

Edited by brassedoff

Kriss,

I do try to see problems from both sides and find a solution - back in the 70's I used to hate watching Esther in 'That's Life' on a Sunday evening, odd times my employer would get a 'hammering' - phone call early Monday would see me being sent to try and sort things out.

Most times the most difficult situations could overcome with listening and discussion - to all parties mutual satisfaction.

There are no winners or losers in situations such as that being debated in this post, one has to learn from the situation, see where it went wrong and avoid it in the future.

No one's right - is it really right to 'wind' someone up so much that life is made unbearable for them? - imagine if it were an elderly relative of yours - how would you feel?.

Over the years I have 'poured a lot of oil on troubled waters' it's generally easy with a bit of 'give and take' to overcome problems there ain't no pleasure giving an old person a kicking, this person has probably endured hell over the years due to Cmers it would be nice to try and help him.

On many occasions a small notice stating - 'beware under water obstructions' has made me consider looking for alternative moorings, but carrying some car wheels fitted with tyres helps avoid them.

Hope this helps.

L

Blimey too many words, would you mind giving me a summary, just pointing out why you think it was okay to encourage people to place obstructions to mooring in the canal at night .

Regards kris

You can discuss this all night and keep having a go at each other but it will just end badly like it did with me the other night.(all my fault i admitt)

At the end of the day someone sticking one on the guy is always going to be a loose loose and get boaters a bad name.

If your willing to challenge him by mooring at this spot then just make sure someone has a phone fully charged up and have another person record his antics, if he gets all fisty cuffs out then move your boat up and call the Police, its just not worth somone getting heated up and locked up for assault.

Your best bet is to have evidence of his verbal assault and harassment towards who is ever mooring thier, show the evidence to the Police and let them deal with it under the public order act.

Personally i would not moor up their lifes too short.

Good luck.

Me thinks you have not read the posts

The Mob have arrived and after a short riot some tear gas and mounted police it seems to be getting sorted. Just waiting for boaters to return from A&E

The Mob have arrived and after a short riot some tear gas and mounted police it seems to be getting sorted. Just waiting for boaters to return from A&E

I read the last two pages, wholey shit i hope the boaters are ok, what the hells wrong with this guy.

Geesh hope this gets sorted, is any one hurt badly?

sorry this has happned guys.

Edited by brassedoff

I don't understand the point of your post. I'll use short words: the man who dug up the verge may be a pensioner. A large number of boaters are pensioners too. So suggesting that the fact that he's a pensioner has any bearing on the situation may well be erroneous wrong.

There's no need to apologise, by the way.

Sorry, but where mature people are involved it pays to be thoughtful, I'm one and grateful if people are.

But I'll take 100 lines for mis - understanding your post, provided they are written with 6 Bics held together with rubber bands.

Blimey too many words, would you mind giving me a summary, just pointing out why you think it was okay to encourage people to place obstructions to mooring in the canal at night .

Regards kris

Because if they did it during the day they would be seen.

Are you taking the michieal Cotswoldsman ?glare.gif

I cant see any mention of that and i have read most of it yesterday and today ? I hope its not true.

Edited by brassedoff