Volunteer spreading the love - Gifford Park Mooring - merged topics

bigcol

Featured Posts

Are you taking the michieal Cotswoldman ?glare.gif

I cant see any mention of that ? I hope its not true.

Sorry about that. I just thought it was what some would like to hear

We're heading in that direction as well Matty hug.gif They luuuuve us wide ones in MK

I said it would be a mob. Betty and Jenlyn

Sorry about that. I just thought it was what some would like to hear

Well maybe that will happen you never know LOL, i hope not though.

I have been following this thread and he sounds a right nobber indeed.

no need to appologize lol

Edited by brassedoff

Me thinks you have not read the posts

The Mob have arrived and after a short riot some tear gas and mounted police it seems to be getting sorted. Just waiting for boaters to return from A&E

Lol

Widebeam please surely fat boat is derogatory.

Regards kris

smiley_offtopic.gif

Yeah, but so is sewer tub and yoghurt pot, but those terms are also used on here so really we aren't in any position to call foul ...besides for me, I take it all in stride and think in most cases it's a bit of harmless fun or envy coming through from those who suffer having either a walk through bathroom or beds that need to be folded up and down daily just to get from one end of the boat to the other.

They to be the ones who always come back with the argument that we are limited in how much of the system we can cruise. But in reality that is actually the full length of two of the longest canals in the country, numerous canalized rivers and the northern section of another canal...to date, we don't feel too hard done by :)

There's is definately alot of widebeam envy about.

Narrowboat, narrowmind Is what I put it down to, but what can you expect from people who live in corridors. I do always forget to put a smiley face on a post to denote humour though.

Regards kris

There's is definately alot of widebeam envy about.

Narrowboat, narrowmind Is what I put it down to, but what can you expect from people who live in corridors. I do always forget to put a smiley face on a post to denote humour though.

Regards kris

Maybe the house holder had a Nasty Boater stop at this mooring, but he should not be threatening any future boat moorers with 'a phone call to his Son'.

Threatening Behavour is that not a criminal offence in its own right > i think it is.

I may be wrong but in this case i rekon if you were super quite did not make a peeping sound he would still turn up with a red face shouting the odds.

I am on my own would just moor further up, but the question is 'a principle is at stake here' people pay a licence fee and are allowed to moor up in certain parts of the canal system unless otherwise stated by a sign or whatever.

I guess what i mean is, if everyone just moved on further up the canal and moored somewhere else then how long is it before no one wants any moorers whatsoever,

If the Canals did not have Boats using them they would fall in and fill up with weeds mud and become a public hazard.

The House Guys a Numpty plain and simples.

Edited by brassedoff