lack of space in the car park at the Boathouse, Braunston

matty40s

Featured Posts

A few visits ago there was a proper full sized army tank parked in the car park at The Boathouse.

Someone drove it away too, just as we were leaving. Just stopped off for a quick pint I guess, the same as we had...

A few visits ago there was a proper full sized army tank parked in the car park at The Boathouse.

Someone drove it away too, just as we were leaving. Just stopped off for a quick pint I guess, the same as we had...

I was there one day when a tank was in the car park, either a regular visitor or we were there on the same day.

20150527_203653_zpsvev43vxv.jpg

No - one hurt,,amazingly.

Road resurfaced this morning.

I didn't realise the "two for one" offer at the Boathouse extended to parking spaces!

Edited by alan_fincher
  • Greenie 2

I didn't realise the "two for one" offer at the Boathouse extended to parking spaces!

Nice one, but nothing on the alian space craft that was there when we were last there, they obviously appreciate a bargain in deep fat fried food too.

The red is going down well tonight.....

It's a Spring Bank Holiday special promotion, 3 for the price of one.

20150527_205027_zpsw0iisito.jpg

Shame the kitchen can't cope though, meals going back left right and centre.

Edited by matty40s

Shame the kitchen can't cope though, meals going back left right and centre.

Normal service surely...

Better than when I sent a steak back in the Hungry Horse at Hilmorton though, possibly. Waitress said something along the lines of "I'm not surprised you complained. We've had loads of these sent back the last few days".

frusty.gif

MtB

P.S. I'm more intrigued about why there is a chair in the car park, next to the pile of vehicles...

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Better than when I sent a steak back in the Hungry Horse at Hilmorton though, possibly. Waitress said something along the lines of "I'm not surprised you complained. We've had loads of these sent back the last few days".

Ah, noted! It's our local next week. Have written steaks = rubbish in my notes. Is there anything edible on the menu or should we avoid it entirely? Are the beers any good?

The toilets are handy for those in the marina ;)

P.S. I'm more intrigued about why there is a chair in the car park, next to the pile of vehicles...

Ejector seat!

Many years ago there was a film that had that in. can't remember the name now .....

Any ideas?

Yes, it's on IMDB: The Car That Did Not Make The A45 Bridge And Ended Up Slightly Waterlogged.

Starring: Clint Eastwood: "This did not make my day", Sigourney Weaver: "In Braunston no-one can hear you scream" and John Thaw: "Lewis, this isn't Real Ale"

I would keep going past this pub, i have been every year for the last three years, every year it seems to get worse.

We stopped there a couple of months ago and the food was terrible, steak and chips with no garnish or salad, would have been better serving it in a cereal bowl rather than a plate.

I like the phrase "was incredibly unhurt" I wonder how unhurt that was :-)

Eats, shoots and leaves.

"Was, incredibly, unhurt" would have made perfect sense.

Hang on, I have just read the newspaper report and that IS what they wrote!

Edited by Athy