the thank you to boaters.

lexicon

Featured Posts

2014 was an incredibly bad year for me.

Suffering ill health with a invisible condition really knocked me for six, cost me my job and my career a decade in the making.

If it wasn't for the help and generosity of the boating community (including several members of this very forum) I would of without doubt, starved and frozen and suffered.

I have no illusions that if I lived on land I wouldn't be here to right this post.

So thank you to all the boating community for helping me.

And also thanks to crt for making sure I kept my home and have a place to keep it.

• Greenie 1

Sorry to hear your 2014 was a bad one . I hope 2015 brings better things your way & you can begin to make positive progess . You re right that the boating community is a supportive & i m sure you can continue to rely on your fellow boaters .

Best of luck in 2015

Lex you seem well on the UP having met you twice now...

Nice to hear a compliment for CRT for their considerate treatment of peeps in the shite, too. The piss takers only ever seem to criticise them no matter how much slack they CRT cut them.

See you soon and happy New Year!

MtB

I am sorry to hear of your troubles in 2014 but glad to hear you have received help from individuals and CRT.

We can all reach a point where such help is necessary but I hope you also take time to give yourself a pat on the back for hanging on in there and having the grit to soldier on. Personal resilience in the face of adversity is as important as the help you received as well as the recognition that help is needed and the good grace to accept it.

I hope 2015 will represent a new start for you and better times.

• Greenie 1

I know we all have our disagreements but I have found more helpfulness and friendliess on the cut than I ever did when we were living in a house.

Glad you made it through what sounds like a dreadful year for you and hope that 2015 is a better one.

Thanks all.

Yes 2015 seems to be a big Improvement.

New job. New career and hopefully a return to some stability.

Might even be getting a working engine at some point to get in some much needed cruising :)

Really sorry to hear what's happened to you, now wish you well for your new start. It's a very long time since we met (I guess you'll remember an incident at Marsworth) and I've watched Lexicon's rebuild with interest but hadn't realised the reason things had stalled, very pleased you had the help & support you needed. Yes, an engine and some cruising sounds a very good idea, hope it works out and look forward to meeting up again somewhere around the system.

I, too, wish you all the best in the coming year.

Favourable comments regarding CRT are rare. All of my contacts with them have all been positive and helpful.

Having fairly recently moved onboard, I find it difficult to accept the help that is offered. I always offer help if I can, but to accept kindness is more,well difficult. Just yesterday I was offered a lift to collect the car, I decided to walk five miles rather than to put someone out.

You know what I mean.

Martyn

Favourable comments regarding CRT are rare. All of my contacts with them have all been positive and helpful.

Having fairly recently moved onboard, I find it difficult to accept the help that is offered. I always offer help if I can, but to accept kindness is more,well difficult. Just yesterday I was offered a lift to collect the car, I decided to walk five miles rather than to put someone out.

You know what I mean.

Martyn

I am a sod for that, happy to offer help but feel really uncomfortable accepting help.

Amy way glad things are looking up for you Lex, to balance things a bit I am aware how much you have helped one of my favourite forumites recently and for that I am very grateful

You know what I mean.

Martyn

Perhaps I can help you with your mindset:

The helpers get as much out of the offer of help (well, in general) as the person helped, so please don't see your acceptance of help as an imposition, rather see it as your chance to make their day!

• Greenie 4