Alfresco Boating

Bob Blues

Featured Posts

Dear all,

Whilst out crusing a few years ago I met an old boater in just shorts and over a pint he told me that he often boats naked when no one is around. I tried it last year and this year on my own and this year I managed to persuaded a friend who is a Girl not a GF to do the same when we were out. She thought it was a unique experience and we managed to do this on a few trips over the summer.

I was so beautiful standing on the back of my trad stern sailing down the Lower GU south of Cowley out of sight of everyone with just a warm breeze around the stern.

Does anyone else do this?

Before you say its not legal

“Under the Sexual Offences Act 2003 it is not an offence to be naked in public in England and Wales. It becomes an offence if it can be proved the person stripped off with the intention to cause distress, alarm or outrage.”

So Becomes offence if it can be proved the person stripped off with the intention to upset and shock but the Complainant has to prove this… But as I pull the shorts up when I meet anyone I think I have it covered (in both ways)

Bob

• Greenie 1

There would be nothing beautiful if I was at the 'ellum starkers, perish the thought. So wrong on so many levels that I could not contemplate it.

Phil

Maybe when I was younger. These days, one look in the mirror tells me that regardless of my intentions, I would surely cause distress alarm or outrage. huh.png

Dear all,

Whilst out crusing a few years ago I met an old boater in just shorts and over a pint he told me that he often boats naked when no one is around. I tried it last year and this year on my own and this year I managed to persuaded a friend who is a Girl not a GF to do the same when we were out. She thought it was a unique experience and we managed to do this on a few trips over the summer.

I was so beautiful standing on the back of my trad stern sailing down the Lower GU south of Cowley out of sight of everyone with just a warm breeze around the stern.

Does anyone else do this?

The concept of a canal with no-one around seems completely alien to me.

The canals are so busy these days that enough solitude to risk going naked is an unheard of rarity on the bits of the GU and Oxford where I do most of my boating!

MtB

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

My son did when we went out, at bow, I didn't know. He has been going through nudity phase...his older brother made him cover up but not before picture taken and posted on Facebook of his rear! This to add to the one on top of mountain, the one of him jumping into a reservoir...his version of ice bucket challenge...etc.

To him its harmless and I don't see any problem as long as no-one around who could become offended.

He does wait until places deserted.

Theres nothing wrong with nudity or the human body as long as not done to intimidate or cause offence.

Well, you obviously think you look good naked, and beauty is of course in the eye of the beholder, but judging from what I can see on your avatar, your naked body is not something that I would personally want to witness. However, what I don't understand is how you could possibly be out of sight of everyone on the GU south of Cowley? This is a densely populated area with lots of houses and new blocks of flats overlooking the canal.

Edit: I assume "a warm breeze around the stern" means that your bare buttocks felt warm?

Edited by blackrose

And here I thought it was going to be a thread about eating outdoors!! huh.png

Well...Err....Perhaps best me not to go there. 'Might upset the Mods and those of delicate disposition.

a cunning linguist would get past the mods

From the OP's profile page.....

Well that was delicious. 2 pints of Doombar for starters, 4 pints of a Doombar for mains followed by desert 2 pints of Doombar :) this reviewing restaurants is getting to me.

Perhaps it is the 8 pints of Doombar that causes him to think this is a good idea!

For Goodness sake man get a grip. I've seen this sort of malarkey on the continent and our German cousins seem to be happy to fling their clothes off as soon as the sun shines but this is England and it simply isn't done. Even my dog has never seen me naked.