Alfresco Boating

Bob Blues

Featured Posts

Huh? Lake Ontario is in canda. And one of the towns on the lake is Toronto.

OK, I do not make it a habit to correct spelling, grammar or punctuation or others as I make more than enough myself. However, being Canadian; I do feel the need to point out a couple glaring mistakes in the above.

Canada is always spelt with a capital C

Toronto is the largest "city" in Canada

Lake Ontario is never referred to as Lake Toronto

Please don't take offense by the corrections, but it would be like me referring to the Thames as the river london :)

Please don't take offense by the corrections, but it would be like me referring to the Thames as the river london smile.png

If I was to express myself with any canda [candour?] I would say that I took offence at any reference to london rather than dignifying the city with the appropriate capitalisation.

Although there IS of course, a River Loddon...

:)

MtB

Please don't take offense by the corrections, but it would be like me referring to the Thames as the river london smile.png

I have a friend (no really...) Who proudly claims this to be one of his great pleasures. However this when out on his sailing boat on lake Toronto.

That sounds like one amazing euphemism!!

:D

MtB

OK, I do not make it a habit to correct spelling, grammar or punctuation or others as I make more than enough myself. However, being Canadian; I do feel the need to point out a couple glaring mistakes in the above.

Toronto is the largest "city" in Canada

Lake Ontario is never referred to as Lake Toronto

Please don't take offense by the corrections, but it would be like me referring to the Thames as the river london :)

Ahhh people refer to it as London Town. And as far as captal letters go..... I was just glad I spelt Canada right.

Ahh but there is a Toronto Lake though isn't there.

There is a London in Canada too not terribly far from Tronno as the locals call it.

We always referred to it as T O when I was a local :)

Ahhh people refer to it as London Town. And as far as captal letters go..... I was just glad I spelt Canada right.

Ahh but there is a Toronto Lake though isn't there.

Well, there very well could be a Lake Toronto somewhere, but it's not part of the Great Lakes :)

/Unrelated, isn't there a hardcore naked rambler who keeps getting arrested and doing time for his naked rambling, and yet fails to be put off- how does he keep getting done, assuming that the statement that nudity is not illegal is correct?

Bloody hell thanks, that's just reminded me of something I saw last year but had forgotten about until you posted.

Just after I bought my boat last year I was somewhere between Weedon & Stoke Bruerne and passed an old wrinkly bloke bollock naked walking on the towpath with just a rucksack on his back. I had a friend with me who was in the cabin making a brew and I wanted to draw her to come out and see but the only way I could get her attention was to sound the klaxon. Needless to say he thought I was 'tooting' at him!

Bloody hell thanks, that's just reminded me of something I saw last year but had forgotten about until you posted.

Just after I bought my boat last year I was somewhere between Weedon & Stoke Bruerne and passed an old wrinkly bloke bollock naked walking on the towpath with just a rucksack on his back. I had a friend with me who was in the cabin making a brew and I wanted to draw her to come out and see but the only way I could get her attention was to sound the klaxon. Needless to say he thought I was 'tooting' at him!

When we saw him, near Stoke Bruerne, he was also wearing a pair of boots.

Dear all,

Whilst out crusing a few years ago I met an old boater in just shorts and over a pint he told me that he often boats naked when no one is around. I tried it last year and this year on my own and this year I managed to persuaded a friend who is a Girl not a GF to do the same when we were out. She thought it was a unique experience and we managed to do this on a few trips over the summer.

I was so beautiful standing on the back of my trad stern sailing down the Lower GU south of Cowley out of sight of everyone with just a warm breeze around the stern.

Does anyone else do this?

Before you say its not legal

“Under the Sexual Offences Act 2003 it is not an offence to be naked in public in England and Wales. It becomes an offence if it can be proved the person stripped off with the intention to cause distress, alarm or outrage.”

So Becomes offence if it can be proved the person stripped off with the intention to upset and shock but the Complainant has to prove this… But as I pull the shorts up when I meet anyone I think I have it covered (in both ways)

Bob

Before you say its not legal

“Under the Sexual Offences Act 2003 it is not an offence to be naked in public in England and Wales. It becomes an offence if it can be proved the person stripped off with the intention to cause distress, alarm or outrage.”

So Becomes offence if it can be proved the person stripped off with the intention to upset and shock but the Complainant has to prove this… But as I pull the shorts up when I meet anyone I think I have it covered (in both ways)

Bob

You may well be commiting an offence under the Public Order Act, Harressment alarm or distress, police dont need to show that you caused those things only that it was a possibility.

Now get dressed

Edited by saltysplash

He he, you're welcome! I am fairly sure he is ex-military too. :D

That's one way to "pull" Junior!!!