Towpath Talk

mark99

Featured Posts

Great pics Laurie, thank you for sharing.

There is a green boat at 22seconds with a fabulous step fitted to the front well. Any idea who owns that boat or where they got the step from? it just the ticket for a WB when the tow path is on the low side.

Great pics Laurie, thank you for sharing.

There is a green boat at 22seconds with a fabulous step fitted to the front well. Any idea who owns that boat or where they got the step from? it just the ticket for a WB when the tow path is on the low side.

100_6452_zpsa6fbf1d8.jpg

All I know is that the boat belongs to a moorer there.

:)

Now who do we know that's a decent fabricator??? Where or where is Captain Fizz????

Judging by the updates, he has spent the last 3 weeks deep in my engine room. He might be stuck in there as I've not heard from him this week. I'll let him out on Wednesday when I get back.

Haven't looked at the pictures yet, thanks Laurie.

Slightly off topic.

Is Sir Tony Robinson a real historian?

I believe he has a degree in history which, in the terminology of such people, makes him an historian.

George ex nb Alton retired

I believe he has a degree in history which, in the terminology of such people, makes him an historian.

George ex nb Alton retired

According to Wiki (not the best source I admit) he l left school before completing his A levels and went to Drama School. The reference given for that is "unofficialyonyrobinsonwebsite.co.uk and they appear tohave been in touch with time team and Tony himself.

He does however appear to have 2 Honorary MAs and 4 Honorary Doctorates.

Time Team - one of the few TV programmes I watch regularly.

Mrs. Athy is also a fan of the programme - which seems to be on one of the lesser TV channels about 17 hours a day, eight days a week. As long as Sir Tony had a good contract in the first place, these continual (indeed, almost continuous) repeats should be a good pension fund for him.

Does anyone have a copy of the edition with the report of Beacon boats closing? I never saw it and would very much like a copy.

Ally have managed to save it from the "to be burnt pile"!! Either pm your add or let me know where you are and I can pass it on.biggrin.png

Brilliant pics and video Laurie, thanks. I really want to do this next year!

Edited by pykebird