:) tankies very muchly to two gentlemen of this parish

tree

Featured Posts

I think there may be some serious insecurity issues, and whilst I'm perfectly happy to accept that she can post whatever she wants, so can I.

I'm not the slightest bit offended, but her motivation interests and concerns me.

All I can see is 'look at me, I'm an individual, I'm so much a one-off that I can post in whatever form I want and if you don't like it, tough, I don't care'.

Telling me (or anyone else) that we can just use the 'ignore' facility is a bullying tactic asserting a desire not to modify inappropriate behaviour. I'm just trying to understand why. Many bullies were themselves bullying victims when younger.

It's called the real world, dearie.

How nice of you to be concerned, it must be an awful burden on you, having to read the whole internet and step in when you think someone has insecurity issues.

Just looking at it from another angle, maybe the fact that you feel you need to intervene and pass comment on some astonishingly personal stuff based on psuedo psychology might suggest an inability to look at your own securities.

And calling someone 'Deirie' is just creepy and conjours up unwanted images of Michael Winner.

• Greenie 1

I think there may be some serious insecurity issues, and whilst I'm perfectly happy to accept that she can post whatever she wants, so can I.

I'm not the slightest bit offended, but her motivation interests and concerns me.

All I can see is 'look at me, I'm an individual, I'm so much a one-off that I can post in whatever form I want and if you don't like it, tough, I don't care'.

Telling me (or anyone else) that we can just use the 'ignore' facility is a bullying tactic asserting a desire not to modify inappropriate behaviour. I'm just trying to understand why. Many bullies were themselves bullying victims when younger.

It's called the real world, dearie.

Or to paraphrase: "I don't like the way you talk so you must be a bully". I don't buy that. But introducing the whole idea of bullying into a hitherto perfectly reasonable discussion does seem itself to be to be a form of bullying.

As others have said, just like it or lump it, read or ignore it and let the rest of us make that choice for ourselves.

As a former English teacher I first found Tree's use of "moi" a trifle offensive and difficult to read. English has a certain "flow" to it and using "moi" breaks the flow. But I thought her posts were worth reading so now I just substitute the correct English pronoun for "moi" wherever it appears and it takes all of about three paragraphs and your mind is programmed to not even see the "moi"s anymore.

Aside from the "moi" thing, she uses very good punctuation, which makes her writing clear and easy to understand. Have you ever tried to read the garbage written by clowns who think it is cute to omit any and all punctuation or capitalization?

Anyway, Tree seems to have a good heart and she effectively communicates what she wants to say. Since what you say about her writing is way off base from a linguistic standpoint, and pretty obtuse from a humanistic one, perhaps you should look within and try to gain a little introspect into your own insecurities rather than try to project them on her.

Moi aussi.

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Tree, I have. She walks into a room and manages to cheer up even the grumpiest person with a tune or a nice comment. She will make a complete strangers day by just stopping and chatting to them, I often stand and watch how she interacts with others.

She is her own person and someone I am lucky to class as a friend.

Life would be soooo boring if we were all the same. If she bothers you that much, maybe you have something missing from your life?

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Tree, I have. She walks into a room and manages to cheer up even the grumpiest person with a tune or a nice comment. She will make a complete strangers day by just stopping and chatting to them, I often stand and watch how she interacts with others.

She is her own person and someone I am lucky to class as a friend.

Life would be soooo boring if we were all the same. If she bothers you that much, maybe you have something missing from your life?

As someone who has previously said I find her posting style irritating (though I can't agree it's a form of bullying as has been stated earlier) I find that last sentence a little far fetched to be honest.

I generally skip over her posts as she suggests because they irritate rather than bother me. Either way It certainly does not mean I have anything missing in my life.

Tree certainly has some fans on here that is clear so I certainly see no need for her to change her posting style, just let's not make more out of people not appreciating it....

Edited by The Dog House

This is the problem with the inter web, it rarely gives a true impression of the person behind the post.

Very very true.

Which is sort of why I asked this earlier.

Genuine question Tree.

Do you talk in this way face to face?

As someone who has previously said I find her posting style irritating (though I can't agree it's a form of bullying as has been stated earlier) I find that last sentence a little far fetched to be honest.

I generally skip over her posts as she suggests because they irritate rather than bother me. Either way It certainly does not mean I have anything missing in my life.

Tree certainly has some fans on here that is clear so I certainly see no need for her to change her posting style, just let's not make more out of people not appreciating it....

I think that people are referring to Matchpoints outburst. Which is people making more of it.

nor am I. Tree is such a happy go lucky person. Not sure I would be in similar circumstances.

However, I mean no offence, I do think twice about reading Trees posts. But end up doing so because of the above.

Must take longer writing 'moi' instead of 'me'.

But I'm not letting it get to me, too much. Honestly, it doesn't effect me...................no, really, it doesn't.

Keep it up for moi.

Martyn.

do you ever wish you hadn't said, or wrote what you have actually said or wrote?

I was just saying.................well it doesn't matter does it.

Edited. Is it wrote or written?

Martyn

Edited by Nightwatch

Tree thank you for the business yesterday, it's very appreciated!

On a personel note, I've met Tree several times before and confirm she is as mad as a box of frogs and .... a very lovely person, just my type of boater!!!

Look forward to the tea and bickies next time, sorry I had to dash.

I can see why Trees style of posting irritates some members, and, to be honest, Her posts are amongst the last I would click on.

This is only due to the fact, I just can't understand some of her posts,

But that is very much my problem,due to my learning difficulties & Dyslexia, & certainly not hers. And it's me that is missing out because of it.

I can only make a comparison to the appalling Reading, Writing and Punctuation in my posts that must irritate the hell out of some members, making my posts amongst the last they would click on because of it. Well that and I tend to talk crap most of the time.

Well, So be it. We can't all be perfect.and if someone can put a smile on someone else's face for a moment or to, Weather by Phrase, Or Deed then that's got to be a good thing in my book.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2
  • Greenie 2

You've got a lot to contribute...stop the silly, childish talk and engage with us as a normal human!

Whilst I agree that it makes difficult reading and, as a result, I tend to skip Tree's posts (much like I used to with Mister Baites) I believe that the same thing applies to her contributions as does to my jokes (that often provoke much head scratching from many people).

If you don't get it then it isn't meant for you.

I have no objection to Tree's style and I'm sure she has no objection to anyone skimming her posts if they don't suit.

• Greenie 2

Whilst I agree that it makes difficult reading and, as a result, I tend to skip Tree's posts (much like I used to with Mister Baites) I believe that the same thing applies to her contributions as does to my jokes (that often provoke much head scratching from many people).

If you don't get it then it isn't meant for you.

I have no objection to Tree's style and I'm sure she has no objection to anyone skimming her posts if they don't suit.

Well said Carl

Tree is accomplishing exactly what she sets out to accomplish with her linguistic gymnastics - she has made herself the center of attention and the topic of discussion, whilst causing consternation amongst those that she would probably consider a tad uptight. What's amusing is how effortlessly she does it.

Take a good look at any of Tree's posts. Tree substitutes moi for all of the personal pronouns so, for this exercise, try to ignore the moi's as best you can and just substitute the correct personal pronoun. Here's a sample of her writing with the moi's substituted out.

smile.png tis nowt more than 'tree talk' which makes me smile and imo, something no matter how small, which can bring a lickle bit of sunshine into your life, no matter how gloomy that life can be at times is a good thing. smile.png

Why some people get so cross astounds me at times, because at the end of the day, nowt I writes is rude or offensive..tis just my play on a few words. In the great scheme of living on our wondrous planet, far more important things to be concerned about.

smile.png no one is forced to read my posts..the choice is ultimately up to each person..if I don't like what anyone posts ..then a click on the ignore button works extremely well for me...its really that simple smile.png

Life is really far to short to get worked up about lickle things..its about enjoying life,making the best of what you have, caring for your fellow human beings and most of all being happy.

To be honest I did think of not posting, as it is unfair to other posters to have their threads, sadly taken off topic due to some people making my ' treetalk' an issue.

Hmm..then thought stuff that for a lark, I ain't gonner change as done nowt horrid to anyone..those who don't like it don't have to read it smile.png

..end of chapter haha..hug.gif

As anyone can see, this is not "baby talk", it's pretty much straight-forward English with a few intentional misspellings thrown in here and there. Which brings me back to my premise that Tree gets a lot of attention bang for her buck with her use of the simple word moi. Tree's overwhelming message, though, is essentially just wishing everyone peace and happiness, and, for me anyway, it's hard to find fault with a message like that, regardless of how she decides to present it.

​I can't imagine typing that way, though. My brain, and fingers, would both come to a screeching halt every time I came upon a personal pronoun.

No I am confused,and it genuinely don't take a lot these days.

I thought that 'Moi' ment 'Me' in Old Latin or Old French sort of language, from what I can vaguely remember, a point I abstractly made Way back in post 20 Page 1 of this thread. But now it it could mean just about Any Pronoun.

Where IS carlt when you need him,he would know, Or Laurie he is finely educated.

help.gif

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2