:) tankies very muchly to two gentlemen of this parish

tree

Featured Posts

Is Moi pretentious?

Yes it is!

I need a Cider,with a Donut chaser !.

Just this once I think I will join you.

As an aside. Whilst I have nothing against tree and of course people are welcome to post in whatever manner they feel fit. I also find it hard going to read a whole post.

I'm sure she is a wonderful person in real life but I find it a truffle condescending to be written to in what I feel is a childish manner. I wouldn't expect my young nieces and nephews to speak to me in that fashion either by the way. It just grated with me!

I'm sure she is a wonderful person in real life but I find it a truffle condescending to be written to in what I feel is a childish manner. I wouldn't expect my young nieces and nephews to speak to me in that fashion either by the way. It just grated with me!

Mmm...grated truffles!

Yes it is!

Just this once I think I will join you.

As an aside. Whilst I have nothing against tree and of course people are welcome to post in whatever manner they feel fit. I also find it hard going to read a whole post.

My feelings exactly afterall we have had people join CWDF who have posted in text speak and they have roundly been admonished for doing so, how is tree speak any different?

Phil

I think Tree is GREAT...and I have never met her. I love the fact she's different to the rest of you ole farts on this forum :)

Wot he said

Well I know which is the bully and it isn't Tree. I love Tree's posts and I enjoy Nigel's as well. It makes the forum so much more interesting. Those that don't like them are bullying by bringing up the subject regularly.. If some don't like them ignore them and stop going on about it

What she said...

Who'd want to shop somewhere that proudly proclaims its dirtiness?

I see what you're doing, but you must have puzzled a few people who don't know French.

For those interested, Moi is the French for "me" or "to me", or in grammatical terminology the accusative or dative case of the pronoun "I".

Tree's combination of this and other evidently deliberately bad English does make her posts more difficult to read, but it takes all sorts to make a world and she doesn't seem to be trying to offend people, so good luck to her.

Although I count myself well educated, I'm determined not to join the spelling and grammar police. The policy I try to follow is that I'll only comment on it if someone's asking, or if something posted needs its meaning clarified, and even then it's important to be tactful. Most posts on the forum have something worth saying, but many of them are in less than perfect English, and I really don't want to be discouraging the authors.

Text speak does really irritate me except when used in a text message, to the extent that on the rare occasion that I send a text message I spell words in full. I only send them rarely, but that's more because it's such hard work to type anything on a teensy Blackberry keyboard and I never use all my monthly call minutes. But if someone is lazy enough to post to the forum in text speak I can always just ignore it, it's not worth complaining about.

I see what you're doing, but you must have puzzled a few people who don't know French.

I believe I have already said...If you don't get it then it isn't aimed at you.

I have no intention of explaining all my jokes or humorous asides, just as I'm sure Tree has no intention of changing her delivery.

Oh!!! Tis so sad that moi postings cause such sorrow and angry raised blood pressure and grumblings..which twas never moi intention.

Moi, is such a happy go lucky creature and okie dokes lol ..a bit of a maverick..as moi has never conformed to our 'Society's' hidden rules haha..of how someone should behave ;) and in moi 55th year ain't gonner change now :)

Tis been a fun filled and informative few years here and moi has got to meet and know so many wondrous people, OK lol not as ermm..wacky as moi ( steady now you lot he he)..and continue we shall.. to meet up, and hug and natter chatter :) but tis time for moi to oddle poodle orf :)

So waves toodlepips one and all, stay safe, stay happy and stay well..

May you start and end each day with a smile..just like moi does, well moi also ends mine with giggles ( moi wacky sense of humour ;)

Moi boat will soon get finished and all will be well..and off moi will go singing and laughing..whilst avoiding any bridges lol..

Toodle pips..tarra..and all that jazz :)

Tree alias moi ;)

• Greenie 1

At last,Thank you Woo Hoo !.we've got to the bottom of that.

Now how about the reasoning meaning and context behind the 'Lickle' 'Muchly' & 'Tankies' !. people,That should be good for another 4 pages.

Tree, keep um coming,it's better than Pump out or Cassette !. (We all know pump out is best). And your keeping everyone off of my back as well .

So thank you. Tree.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

At last,Thank you Woo Hoo !.we've got to the bottom of that.

Now how about the reasoning meaning and context behind the 'Lickle' & 'Tankies' !. people,That should be good for another 4 pages.

Tree, keep um coming,it's better than Pump out or Cassette !. (We all know pump out is best). And your keeping everyone off of my back as well .

So thank you. Tree.

:) moi last post honest vicar, just for you ..lickle ..is what moi means by little..and tankies..= thank you

Take care you on the seven seas ;)

:) moi last post honest vicar, just for you ..lickle ..is what moi means by little..and tankies..= thank you

Take care you on the seven seas ;)

So we have a flounce worded in 'tree talk'

Well, speaking as somebody who has flounced from here because people didn't like my direct style ( rather than tree talk style) I think you are making a big mistake. I did.

And I came back. But it's your call Lorraine, I for one will not miss your posts but there are a good few who will, why cut your nose off to spite your face?

i agree with janet i just cant read it i am dyslexic to and its rude honest to post like that when you know some pepole just cant read it its like showing off how funny and clever you are and how differnt. it is like you mock people becuase not everyone can read it. we dont post very much and its most my husband as i find it hard to write but i like to read and i find it hard enouf to read well so when i see the posts i ignore them but as someoe who finds raeding hard i think it is just rude and showing off.

i agree with janet i just cant read it i am dyslexic to and its rude honest to post like that when you know some pepole just cant read it its like showing off how funny and clever you are and how differnt. it is like you mock people becuase not everyone can read it. we dont post very much and its most my husband as i find it hard to write but i like to read and i find it hard enouf to read well so when i see the posts i ignore them but as someoe who finds raeding hard i think it is just rude and showing off.

I'm sorry you feel like that and I don't mean to be rude or cause offence but not everything is about you, or me, or anyone else who decides to look at this forum.

I have no interest or understanding of the internal combustion engine but I appreciate there are others that do so I don't read those threads.

My knowledge of quantum physics is nil but I will not try to ban those who find the topic fascinating.

Bill and Ben the Flowerpot men talked in an incomprehensible manner however I don't recall anyone suggesting they were rude or showing off.

It is impossible to take into account the disabilities, likes, dislikes, prejudices etc of whoever might happen to cast their eye on a thread in this forum.

Oh, I almost forgot, it is supposed to be fun too.

Could you try not to post a wall of text?

It is hard work reading and some might think it rude...

Edited by carlt

Congratulations folks another interesting poster has been hounded off the forum.

Utter nonsense.

No one is 'hounded from this forum' unless they allow themselves to be......

I can see why Trees style of posting irritates some members, and, to be honest, Her posts are amongst the last I would click on.

This is only due to the fact, I just can't understand some of her posts,

But that is very much my problem,due to my learning difficulties & Dyslexia, & certainly not hers. And it's me that is missing out because of it.

I can only make a comparison to the appalling Reading, Writing and Punctuation in my posts that must irritate the hell out of some members, making my posts amongst the last they would click on because of it. Well that and I tend to talk crap most of the time.

Well, So be it. We can't all be perfect.and if someone can put a smile on someone else's face for a moment or to, Weather by Phrase, Or Deed then that's got to be a good thing in my book.

I stand by what I said back on page 2 (I think)

As above.